Bios alarm very annoying :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios alarm very annoying :(

My GA-MA78G-DS3HP for some reason has an alarm that goes off at 1:10 AM everyday. I have looked through every bios option normal and advanced and cannot find where to shut this off.

Has anyone else has this issue? This combined with another issue (covered in my last posting) is making me seriously consider using another brand mobo after loyally using Gigabyte for many years.

Re: Bios alarm very annoying :(

I am not familiar with this board but have you tried clearing the bios or loading optimized defaults? If after doing this and still happens I would think that maybe its a windows thing maybe. Just guessing here.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

While I have not used this feature, I was unaware that it actually sounded an alarm, but the setting for alarms is here in the power management page of the BIOS >>>

Also if the above setting is not enabled/set then, as said above, you could easily reset your BIOS a few ways. One by clearing your CMOS, two by loading Optimized defaults again both of which are covered in this thread

And finally you could update your BIOS, or reflash to the same BIOS and again load optimized, all covered above.

I will go hunt down your other posts now, I can't normally be all that helpful with AMD systems but I will try to help you out best I can. No need to switch teams just yet

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys but I already did a couple bios resets. Also the alarm happens when running ANY OS.

I have used several different OS's and configurations and still 1:10am everyday since I can remember.

The setting wake on alarm isn't on on my board either. I just cannot find anything about this anywhere.

Comment

What OSs you had it with?
          I think there was someone with the same problem, I don't remember if he managed to fix it or not, said it was the time automatic updates were set to download.

Comment

Is it just an alarm, or does the board start if powered down at this time?

So you have cleared the CMOS? You sure? If not please do using the method I linked above.

I was unaware that the boards even actually made an Alarm sound, I just though they could wake themselves up at a certain time via the alarm. Guess I will have to test that.

You could just pull the case speaker if you can't get it figured out, I never have one connected unless I am troubleshooting or testing something. They are only needed really to help when you are having issues.

I will test this myself, about what I said above, and let you know my findings. You very well could be right that it is the boards, I just never knew they made an alarm sound when powering up in that fashion.

If I test it and find no alarm sound is made then you may have other issues. Does it happen if NO Hard drive is connected at that time? That would rule out the OS for sure, please test if you have not already

Comment

I am going to test my alarm setting right now, in case you are reading this and waiting on some results from me

Comment

OK, as I had suspected the BIOS alarm feature only resumes/starts the PC, and does not sound a alarm at all. So I think this has to be something on the software side of things in your setup, possibly spyware or virus, maybe some program you don't know that has an alarm?

Either way, please remove your hard drive at 1:00 and wait and see if the alarm still goes off. I think it has to be something on your hard drive

Comment

Working...
                X