X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Board Fresh From RMA

Originally posted by Chike View Post
    The missing metal squers on it maybe?
    If that's the problem, they were missing from the get-go, cause I didn't scrape them off. In fact looking at the pic again, it appears that those things were never there, I see no indentations where they would have been.

Comment

No I corrected myself, seems none should be there .

Comment

Indeed, the screw hole isn't completely surrounded by metal on the Gigabyte web site pics.

If you look closely and compare the corner of the board to the straight lines of the side of the case button plastic surround, it looks like the corner of the board is slightly bent upward. the "line" of the bend goes through the diameter of the smaller board hole nearer the corner. Looks like they put the arrow sticker in slightly the wrong place.
        Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
        Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
        P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
        Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
        TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
        2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
        2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
        Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
        Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
        WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
        Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
        Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
        3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
        Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
          Indeed, the screw hole isn't completely surrounded by metal on the Gigabyte web site pics.

If you look closely and compare the corner of the board to the straight lines of the side of the case button plastic surround, it looks like the corner of the board is slightly bent upward. the "line" of the bend goes through the diameter of the smaller board hole nearer the corner. Looks like they put the arrow sticker in slightly the wrong place.
          I see what you're looking at. It wasn't bent that way when I sent it to them........

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post

I was thinking the same about the corner looking bent. Also, the arrow doesn't appear to be revealing this so-called physical damage. Sounds to me like they got tired of multiple RMAs, and decided to take the "easy" way out(albeit the WRONG way out)! And the fact that they sent 2 SEPERATE photographs further bolsters the evidence of my aforementioned stance on the situation. Sorry to hear this my friend.
            GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
            i7 920 @ stock clocks ATM
            Coolermaster V8 w/stock fan @69.69cfm @21dBA
            3 x 2gb corsair DDR3@1600mhz pc12800 9-9-9-24 @1.65v
            ram model #TR3X6G1600C9
            BFG Nvidia GTX280 OC
            Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 PCI-EX
            Bigfoot K1 Killer NIC PCI
            Kingwin MACH1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000w PSU
            Antec 1200 case
            3 x 120mm front mounted intake fans
            2 x 120mm rear exhaust fans
            1 x 200mm top mounted exhaust fan
            1 x 120mm side panel mounted intake fan (for GFX card)
            1 x 120mm internally mounted also for GFX card
            *needless to say, all fans @max, this baby resembles Katrina!!

"Sony could make 80,000 bricks, and people would buy them." ~ Bill Gates

Comment

Originally posted by caintry_boy View Post
              No sir! Two completely different images.

I would insist on seeing a full image from that side showing the serial # and the bent corner at the same time. This could easily have been caused by a drop in shipping though, but them sending separate images is not a very nice or trustworthy way to show you it is the same board. Not saying I do not trust them, just that they should have included an additional image showing the board in full from that side so you could see the damage + Serial in the same image.

You shipped insured correct? You should have, if so file a insurance claim as it was clearly dropped

Originally posted by Chike View Post
              The missing metal squers on it maybe?

EDIT: compared to site board pic there none there, realy can't see anything.
              Those only go half way around, so it is not what they are pointing at. I believe the bent PCB Corner is their concern.

I am not so sure that is the cause of any problems though? It very well could be though, I have never bent any corners myself but you would think there is not any traces under the corner?

Either way, if they are denying you I would file a insurance claim and get the board back from them to test yourself. Did it ever bootup for you? If not I guess you couldn't really tests to see if this caused any issues or not though, but at least with the board back you could claim damage with the shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                I would insist on seeing a full image from that side showing the serial # and the bent corner at the same time. This could easily have been caused by a drop in shipping though, but them sending separate images is not a very nice or trustworthy way to show you it is the same board. Not saying I do not trust them, just that they should have included an additional image showing the board in full from that side so you could see the damage + Serial in the same image.

You shipped insured correct? You should have, if so file a insurance claim as it was clearly dropped

Those only go half way around, so it is not what they are pointing at. I believe the bent PCB Corner is their concern.

I am not so sure that is the cause of any problems though? It very well could be though, I have never bent any corners myself but you would think there is not any traces under the corner?

Either way, if they are denying you I would file a insurance claim and get the board back from them to test yourself. Did it ever bootup for you? If not I guess you couldn't really tests to see if this caused any issues or not though, but at least with the board back you could claim damage with the shipper
                this....................
                GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
                ram model #TR3X6G1600C9
                BFG Nvidia GTX280 OC
                Antec 1200 case

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Yup! Insured sho' nuff, reckon I'd better file.....

Comment

Check with them what was it they fixed last time that may have caused this bent.

Comment

It does seem that it could be damage done in the post.

I wonder if it was done on the way to Gigabyte? If so then they should have noted any damage to the outer box you shipped it in.

Good luck with the insurance claim. Hopefully with the picture and Gigabytes refusal to accept the RMA, you have al the evidence needed for a successful claim.

Looking at my UD3P, there are no traces or components right up in the corners, but your board seems curved a bit further back, then the bend gets more severe in the corner. It's possible that there are traces where the bend is, but it is also possible that they are un-damaged. Also the flex or knock that caused the damage could have bent the board in more than the corner, but the corner was the only bit to stay bent. This would obviously cause problems with soldered components etc. From experience with an RMA'd Radeon HD4850, PCB bending and warping can be fatal to the component(s).
                      Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                      Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                      P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                      Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                      TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                      2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                      2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                      Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                      Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                      WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                      Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                      Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                      3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                      Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Well, I had a long conversation with Gigabyte Tech Support today, the RMA folks. It seems on August 5th, they sent me an email (that I don't remember getting) stating that the board was damaged in shipping when they received it the first time....... Also said that there should have been a notice in the return box stating this....(don't remember any notice either). Anyway they sent me 3 emails today in succession which included all photos of serial # and damage, damaged box, etc. The young man I spoke with also encouraged me to file a claim with USPS regarding the insurance that I paid for. My response was "thank you" and "you can bet that I will." One corner of the box had a large *gash* in it and it appeared to have had a heavy load stacked on top of it or had been "run over"......

So, I sent them a faulty mobo, the USPS damaged it durning shipping, and it's taken me a month to find all this out....

:
                        Last edited by caintry_boy; 09-24-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

yikes!! well, good luck with all of this =)
                          GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
                          ram model #TR3X6G1600C9
                          BFG Nvidia GTX280 OC
                          Antec 1200 case

Comment

Working...
                          X