Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD4P + Creative X-Fi Titanium

Hello
    I hope here i will find help i looking for.
    Recently i build new pc with board mention in title, everything is ok apart sound card x-fi titanium, cannot get to work spdif output, card work when connected analog speakers perfectly well but when i try to output sound via spdif i can hear silence only. As far as i progress in my issue research i discover i cannot get digital output (pcm) sampling rate settings in creative audio control panel, it's grayed out and that's my big problem. I heard is related to gigabyte motherboards in general.
    Is there any fix for that ??

Re: GA-EX58-UD4P + Creative X-Fi Titanium

X-FI always has issues with Gigabyte boards, If you search this section (by Title only) with X-FI you will find some threads on this.

As for your specific issue I am not sure, would you like me to copy your post to our Adui forum section as well? Maybe someone else could help you more there?

Did you disable Azalia in the BIOS? If not start there as it should be disabled

Comment

I search lots on google, here and creative support forums but nothing. seems to people like me who own gigabyte motherboards have lots of issues withe this cards.
      I disable onboard sound. Tried different drivers, os but nothing. I thinking of RMA this board and buying asus rampage :(

Comment

I'd just get a different card not board? But hey that is up to you.

Did you do a title search in this section? I see several posts and some may have the fix you are looking for so I would check those before giving up

Comment

I think different card in not a option because what i will pick xonar or lower model of soundblaster. If i can i will rma board tomorrow and get asus instead. Sadly i have no different option :(

Comment

I never noticed, but it's also greyed out in my creative control panel. (I'm not using digital speakers on this PC though)

All I see is: In the windows sound options (your left screen shot) if you click "properties" for SPDIF or Speakers there is an "advanced" tab.
            In this tab there is an option for sampling rate. Not sure what they mean by shared mode though....

Otherwise, On my HTPC (Vista64 + 750i FTW + X-Fi Extreme Music) i'm using SPDIF (coax) and it works with this:

Default device -> Speakers (not SPDIF out)
            In Speaker properties I have a "custom" tab. Select "Enable digital I/O"

With these settings I get PCM sampling rate option in Creative control panel for SPDIF I/O. I know It's a different Mobo + Soundcard + OS (o.0), but there must be a similar "enable digital I/O" option somewhere for your setup...
            Problem with the Win7 drivers maybe?
            Last edited by C3D76; 08-25-2009, 02:32 PM.
            Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
            Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
            i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
            Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Comment

C3D76, maybe you should PM this user if your information could help him?

I think he may be jumping the gun and switching teams too quickly without waiting for help. I asked if he wanted this copied to the Audio section for more help and he never said and just sounded like he wanted to by an Asus instead?

Well I hope it helps him, if not I can look further into this for him if he wants to keep the board

Comment

I now checked my configuration under Windows 7, Vista and XP, all 64 bit and on all systems i can't get spdif to work properly, installed newest drivers, no results, daniel k support pack 2.0 also can hear silence.
                I don't want to RMA this board and avoid hassle but from what i can see it's hardware issue plus scummy creative drivers.

Comment

You can try this fix >>

Since you think it could possibly be the board, and or board and card, what you can test to see if it is indeed the board itself is remove your card and enable the onboard sound and install the drivers for it. Then see if S/PDIF out works or not

Comment

Working...
                  X