UD5 and windows 7 premium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD5 and windows 7 premium

Hi. I have preordered Windows 7 Premium to run on my UD5 board. I just wanted to know, 1, Will I have to load seperate ahci drivers or does win 7 include them, 2, any other drivers as when I have looked on the Gigabyte site the only driver listed for either 32bit or 64bit is the sound driver. Thanks.

Re: UD5 and windows 7 premium

Windows 7/Vista includes AHCI Drivers, but I would personally use the latest Intel ones when installing the system.

Second and Third links are the 32/64 Pre OS Install Drivers, choose the iaAHCI.inf when picking the driver upon install

You will want the latest Intel Chipset Drivers >>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

And the latest RealTek LAN And Sound Drivers >>

HD Audio
    Realtek

LAN
    Realtek

If you need help with anything else feel free to let us know and we will try out best to help ya out

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply. Once I get win 7 I will install. By the way will I notice a difference with windows 7, and would it be worth upgrading to 6gig of ram tripple channel if I install the 64bit version from my 3gig with 32bit vista on this board.

Comment

Yes 6GB of ram would be much better for x64, I'd get that now anyway then you will have it when your OS arrives.

You could also start using windows 7 x64 now if you wanted and then just install the final when you receive it. Did you know that? If you need to know where to download windows 7 let me know, you can install windows 7 Ultimate for free until June or July 2010

Comment

Hi. Lsdmeasap, Please let me know where to download win7, also when my official order arrives, will I have to do a fresh install, or just input my licence key, which I would presume would dissable some ofthe features to make it a premium version. Thanks.

Comment

I am not sure about that situation you mention, but I think you will need to do a clean install, and especially this would likely be true anyway since you would be downgrading.

But you can call or write them and ask, and if no clean install is needed you could just install the same version now instead of ultimate (at least I think premium is on there?)

Here is the download page
            Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC): Instructions for Free Download

Comment

Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
              Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
              P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
              Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
              TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
              2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
              2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
              Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
              Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
              WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
              Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
              Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
              3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
              Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Microsoft: No browserless Windows 7 after all | Beyond Binary - CNET News It seems as though we may have the browser with our version after all.

Comment

That's interesting. I'll read the article in more detail later.

Seems that legal matters etc are always changing. Typical |EU/UK law and typical M$. To be honest I's rather not have IE on my PC as I use Google Chrome. I have a feeling I'll end up having to have it on the machine any way, as I believe Windows Update only works with Internet Explorer.

I noticed the price rise too. I think that price is a second pre order offer for those that missed it the first time. Glad I got in on the cheaper deal.

As Lsdmeasap sys, you'll see a benefit going to 6GB of ram, almost definitely. Any 32bit windows processes (most games are still 32bit executables) can only grow to I believe 2GB in size, but more RAM is availible for 64Bit programs and multi tasking etc.

If using 6x1GB you may have to do some tweaking to get it running, and hopefully you can get 3 more sticks of identical RAM. It should be easier to get going than 12Gb as 6x2Gb though.
                  Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                  Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                  P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                  Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                  TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                  2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                  2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                  Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                  Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                  WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                  Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                  Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                  3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                  Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Ya, I would suggest for ease of use that you just buy a 6GB set (3x2GB) and sell the 3x1GB you have now or keep it as a spare backup. That will be much easier on you and your system

Comment

Working...
                    X