X48T-DQ6 + 8GB problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X48T-DQ6 + 8GB problem.

You would need to overclock the CPU to achieve 1600 MHz on the RAM as the highest memory multiplier is 4 so you'd need 400 FSB.
    It's not overclocking per se on the RAM as it's specified to do that. The board/chipset is also specified to run at 400 FSB by Intel with the Core 2 Extreme 9770.

Comment

So you mean, if i buy XQ9770, (withouth OC) I will be able to hit 1600 mhz on my ram (My ram already supports 1600 mhz at 8 CAS by 1.9v). That's lucky of me, because i'm planning to upgrade to qx9770 as soon as the larrabee comes out (Hoping that the price drops). I have my doubts although that X48T-DQ6 will set the correct timings for ram with qx9770?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Your English is fine, I didn't even notice!

Good luck with the testing, post back anytime
        Last edited by DKNoob; 08-11-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

@DKnoob, or anyone else currently running Windows 7 (like I am). Due to the similarities between the driver model of Vista and Win7, a huge % of Vista drivers are completely fine to use with Windows 7. If the Driver has an installer, rather than just the bare files, you may have to set the installer to Vista compatibility mode. Running the setup as an administrator is usually recommended too.

@Classicman: Yes, as the QX9770 has a default FSB of 400 (this will be set automatically when loading optimized defaults for example) you will be able to run your RAM at DDR-1600 and have a completely stock system (using the 4.0 divider). If you don't own a QX9770 (they really ain't worth the price, they're a rip off IMO) then you can raise the FSB to 400 and lower the multi to get near stock, as you know. This is technically still overclocking though, as you are aware.

DKNoob, I hope you have squashed that bug, let us know how your system behaves after a few days of use.
          Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
          Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
          P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
          Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
          TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
          2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
          2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
          Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
          Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
          WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
          Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
          Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
          3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
          Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

X-FI has been known to cause issues for sure with Gigabyte boards, not sure what all cards though but I do know I Have helped narrow things down to these cards a few times over the past year.

If you search for it here you will see a few posts with issues directly related, so I bet that was the whole issue.

Comment

X-FI has been known to cause issues for sure with Gigabyte boards, not sure what all cards though but I do know I Have helped narrow things down to these cards a few times over the past year.

If you search for it here you will see a few posts with issues directly related, so I bet that was the whole issue.
              It's working as a treat under XP, so I guess it's a bad driver for WIN7, I hope they will make some stable drivers, I need my X-FI

System still stable

I found this neat little bluescreen-analyzer.
              BlueScreenView enables you to investigate the cause of a system crash (blue screen of death) by analyzing the content of the Minidump files that are created during each crash. The program scans the content of the Minidump folder and provides a detailed report with the basic crash details as well as all the drivers and modules involved. It can highlight the drivers that were found in the error stack, allowing you to narrow down the possible cause for the crash. In addition to the technical details, the program can also show you a simulation of the original blue screen error. Note: In order to use BlueScreenView to analyze crash data, your system should be configure to save a `Small memory dump' file in the default folder - this setting can be found in the `Advance System Properties` dialog under `Startup and Recovery`.
              BlueScreenView

Thanks to everyone who has helped
              Last edited by DKNoob; 08-12-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Ya most of the issues I mentioned were actually Vista so you may be right about that.

Hmm, I will have to cause a BSOD and see just how good that app works.

Have you used it yet? If so what results does it give you? Those images for it don't look to show a results screen

*EDIT*

Homepage with more info
                Displays information about blue screen crashes occured on your system. (MiniDump Reader)

Comment

Ya most of the issues I mentioned were actually Vista so you may be right about that.

Hmm, I will have to cause a BSOD and see just how good that app works.

Have you used it yet? If so what results does it give you? Those images for it don't look to show a results screen

*EDIT*

Homepage with more info
                  BlueScreenView - View blue screen of death (STOP error) information.
                  After cold-start it started to freeze no blue screen no reset, just freezing, now I've disabled the RACTask again, and it seem to be ok now, I guess the X-FI+RACTask was the reason for hard-reset, I'll be back if the problem has gone away this time I hope it has.

I'll give it at few days, and return with the result.

No I have not tried the program yet, I made an "repair-update" on my Win7 and the minidump folder has been deleted.

Comment

I checked it out, just shows the drivers that were loaded during the dump. Nothing useful to anyone really unless you was trying to create or test some new driver then you could narrow down if it was an issue or not. But otherwise not really much help to anyone with overclocking or stability or anything we would use

Comment

I checked it out, just shows the drivers that were loaded during the dump. Nothing useful to anyone really unless you was trying to create or test some new driver then you could narrow down if it was an issue or not. But otherwise not really much help to anyone with overclocking or stability or anything we would use
                      Ok, thanks for testing

I have made the final testing on my system, and without RACTask I have no problems what so ever, I've even installed my soundcard again, after lot's of coldstarts and multiple softwaretest I have not encountered one single problem.

I do not know what RACTask collide with but it's RACTask thats 100% certain.

Thanks for your patience with all my noise

Comment

Glad to see you narrowed it down at least. You don't need that anyway really so no loss

Post back anytime if you need some help with anything else

Comment

Working...
                        X