Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Get the Standard Speed From GA-EP45T-UD3LR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do I Get the Standard Speed From GA-EP45T-UD3LR?

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
    Unfortunately, looking at that RAM I'd say it's definitely not re-usable. At least not at its rated speed, in a next gen Intel platform...

Future proofing never tends to go well. I had all the intentions in the world of upgrading my AMD Socket 939 with a beefier CPU and more RAM ect. However I soon realised in the time I'd used the system it went from cutting edge to extremely low end (2.5 years). As I say though, if you plan to move to i7/i5 then you can use them, just not at 1.9V. Core i7 will also be at its best with three modules, and you might have trouble getting a single stick.
    Unfortunately, my experience with future-proofing has been the same, but for some reason I haven't been able to give up trying. I don't remember having any other choices than the OCZ for the amount of RAM I wanted when I looked at what was certified for this board, though, and the other RAM I believe was only 1066.

Thanks for all the info.

Comment

If only you could upgrade the components themselves. Plug more chips on to a RAM stick, or use a socket adaptor to use a newer gen motherboard, similar to the old Pentium overdrive chips designed to fit into old 486 motherboards.

If you would like to get that RAM running at near rated speed, may I suggest a little FSB overclock with a tweak of the CPU multiplier?

It is perfectly safe. The QX9770 runs by default on a 400 FSB, so any board compatible with it is guaranteed to run hapily at that speed.

If you save your current stable settings in a BIOS profile (accessed on the main menu, [F11] and [F12] keys to Load/Save) then set the FSB to 400 and the CPU multiplier to 7.5. This will giove stock speed on the CPU, but using the 4.00 RAM multi will now give you a speed of DDR3-1600, something your modules should do easy with the standard 1.9V, maybe lower.

If for some reason you can't set a multiplier with a 0.5, then 400*8 would only be 3.2GHz, again, the CPU will 99% positively do that. If setting 8 for the CPU, please take Vcore off auto and set it one or two ticks above the value on the left (default voltage). Also set PLL to standard 1.5V, CPU termination to 1.22V and MCH core to at least 1.22V, maybe more seeing as you have 8GB. With you running virtual machines, having a slightly faster RAM speed and possibly CPU speed would be noticeable, as it's quite system intensive.

If you do change your mind, and would like to clock further, your CPU will almost definitely do 3.8GHz under the maximum warranted voltage. If using the stock heatsink and fan, I'd stick to around 3.4 though.
      Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
      Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
      P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
      Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
      TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
      2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
      2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
      Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
      Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
      WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
      Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
      Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
      3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
      Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

I couldn't get the machine to post with the FSB set to 400 and the multiplier set to 7.5. That's a great suggestion, and I planned to benchmark it against the optimized defaults and the settings you and others recommended earlier in this thread to see what I got, but no joy.

Am I correct that I didn't need to do this part:
        If for some reason you can't set a multiplier with a 0.5, then 400*8 would only be 3.2GHz, again, the CPU will 99% positively do that. If setting 8 for the CPU, please take Vcore off auto and set it one or two ticks above the value on the left (default voltage). Also set PLL to standard 1.5V, CPU termination to 1.22V and MCH core to at least 1.22V, maybe more seeing as you have 8GB. With you running virtual machines, having a slightly faster RAM speed and possibly CPU speed would be noticeable, as it's quite system intensive.
        unless I couldn't set a multiplier with 0.5? (Which I could.)

Comment

Even if you can set a multiplier of 7.5, it's certainly a good idea to set those voltages manually. If left on auto, the board sets what it thinks the components need, and more often than not over estimates the voltages.

A couple of things to try for 400 FSB:

It's very important to set PCIe frequency manually to 100 when altering the FSB, otherwise it will increase as you raise bus speed. I can't boot at all with anything over 107MHz, and increasing it provides no benefit.

Set Performance Enhance to Standard. Turbo sets sighter sub-timings and can hinder an overclock. You can re-gain any advantage you had with Turbo/Extreme by manually tweaking sub timings yourself. As these presets alter multiple values at once, you may be stable at a "Turbo like" settings with just a single value higher than the Turbo setting for example.

In the advanced RAM timings section there is a setting called Static tRead. Set this to 8 to start with for a 400 FSB I can run 7 stable with 411 FSB and I'm sure you could to, but 8 will make sure. Test 7 later. This could be the reason you don't get a POST. If you have a speaker hooked up, and set an incorrect tRead, the board will sound the "beep code" for Power Failure, which is 23 short beeps. Confusing that the manual says Power Error, but it's not. This setting is the number 1 cause of failed posts when first attempting to over clock (in my opinion), and is often overlooked even though it's crucial to set it right

You may need some additional CPU voltage even though the over all CPU speed is the same. This is due to the FSB increase. You won't need much more. As long as temperatures are good and you check them with CoreTemp or RealTemp (may have to boot to Windoze as I don't know of any Linux utilities that directly poll the core temps) You'll be good. Ignore the CPU temp displayed in the BIOS or in certain utilities, and aim for a core temp (two readings are displayed 1 for each core) of 65c or below, the lower the better.

Setting CPU termination 1.22V, 1.24V or 1.26V may be required. Also a boost in PLL by one tick could help and certainly won't hurt to do anyway.

The first three bullet points are crucial, and the others less so, but recommended initially. Feel free to reduce core voltage to as little as possible while maintaining stability Use Intel Burn Test initially as it's a good quick test, and takes about 7-10 minutes to do 5 runs , then a run overnight (to eliminate the inconvenience of having the PC tied up) of Prime95 on "Blend" to confirm the relative stability of the settings. At least 8 hours is recommended.

If you can fill out the following template, we could give you a likely set of values to use for a 400 FSB standard CPU speed config. It would be very useful to fill in both the values right after the setting name, and the current set value. The value right after is what the BIOS is using at this moment and reveals true values for things that are on [Auto]. The value shown when a setting is [Auto] has been known to be wrong, but at least it'll give a 90% accurate idea of what is set.

Code:
          Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev. 1.0) - F9
          MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) 
          Robust Graphics Booster ..............: [Auto]
          CPU Clock Ratio ......................: [?]
          x Fine CPU Clock Ratio................: +0.0
          CPU Frequency ........................: 
          ********** Clock Chip Control ********
          >>>>>  Standard Clock Control
          CPU Host Clock Control................: [Enabled]
          x CPU Host Frequency(Mhz).............: [?]
          PCI Express Frequency(Mhz)............: [?]
          C.I.A.2...............................: [Disabled]
          >>>>> Advanced Clock Control..........: [Press Enter] 
          CPU Clock Drive.......................: [800mV]
          PCI Express Clock Drive...............: [900mV]
          CPU Clock Skew........................: [  0ps]
          MCH Clock Skew........................: [  0ps]
          ******** DRAM Performance Control ********
          Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]
          Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.)........: [Disabled]
          (G)MCH Frequency Latch................: [Auto]
          System Memory Multiplier (SPD)........: [?]
          Memory Frequency(Mhz).............: 
          DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)..........: [Manual]
          >>>>> Standard Timing Control
          x CAS Latency Time................5...: [ 5]
          x tRCD ...........................5...: [ 4]
          x tRP.............................5...: [ 4]
          x tRAS...........................18...: [12]
          >>>>> Advanced Timing Control.........: [Press Enter] 
          x tRRD............................3...: [ 3]
          x tWTR............................3...: [ 4]
          x tWR.............................6...: [ 6]
          x tRFC...........................52...: [54]
          x tRTP............................3...: [ 3]
          x Command Rate (CMD) .............0...: [ 2]
          >>>>> Channel A Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter] 
          x Static tRead Value.............10...: [ 9]

>>>>> Channel A Driving Settings......: [Press Enter] 
          x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066MHz]

>>>>> Channel B Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter] 
          x Static tRead Value.............10...: [ 9]

>>>>> Channel B Driving Settings......: [Press Enter] 
          x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066MHz]

****** Motherboard Voltage Control ******
          Voltage Types..........Normal...........Current
          -----------------------------------------------
          >>> CPU
          Load-Line Calibration.................: [Disabled]
          CPU Vcore..............1.27500V.......: [1.39375V]
          CPU Termination........1.200V.........: [1.300V]
          CPU PLL................1.500V.........: [1.570V]
          CPU Reference..........0.760V.........: [Auto]
          >>> MCH/ICH
          MCH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.240V]
          MCH Reference..........0.760V.........: [Auto]
          MCH/DRAM Reference.....0.900V.........: [Auto]
          ICH I/O................1.500V.........: [1.570V]
          ICH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.200V]
          >>> DRAM
          DRAM Voltage...........1.800V.........: [2.080V]
          DRAM Termination.......0.900V.........: [Auto]
          Channel A Reference....0.900V.........: [Auto]
          Channel B Reference....0.900V.........: [Auto]
          Please pay no attention to the settings already in the template. They're not usable for a DDR3 system (at least RAM timings aren't). Remember to fill in both lots of values where apripriate, both the ones on the left (defaults for your particular components) and the current set values. For example:

"CPU Vcore..............1.27500V.......: [1.39375V]"
          Yours may read: "CPU Vcore..............1.2250V.......: [Auto] ", fill out what ever is shown.

Sorry for such a long post, but even for a simple reconfiguration without an overclock, it's important that everything is done correctly and safely. I'd hate for you to loose any data due to incorrect settings corrupting files (only happens with way off configs and even then rarely but worth noting).
          P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
          2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
          3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)

Comment

I'm close to whimping out on this one.

I tried setting the FSB to 400, CPU multiplier to 7.5, PCIe to 100, and static tRead for both channels to 8. The PLL didn't have an option for 1.5V, but was set at 1.55V, so I left it there. With those settings, the system posted but I got a CRC error when Linux attempted to read my encrypted disk. Yikes!

I restarted and tried setting CPU termination to 1.22V. That time, I got to the same point (attempting to access the hard drive) and got a 1.22 invalid compressed format (err=2) error.

Another restart and I loaded my "safe" saved profile and I'm back in business with no apparent harm done, but it has me less excited about trying more tweaks. I'm running out of time for today, but if I'm back to feeling more adventurous tomorrow I'll fill out the form with my current values and maybe give it another shot. You may be able to see what I have wrong that's causing the problems.

I really appreciate all the help.

As for Linux and core temps, there is a program called lm-sensors in most distros that does capture the core temps. Mine run 35-36C idle. I haven't seen them go up much higher than that so far, and the ambient temp here is about 27C.

Comment

If the reaction of Linux is the same as Windows to slightly off settings, then the CRC error was nothing to worry about really. In Windows, when certain settings are off, problems may occur in the boot process. I've had messages warning me of corrupted files only to boot fine when restoring stable settings, with no damage. As always though, definitely make sure everything is backed up. If your data is unique and/or valuable, it's better safe than sorry.

On a side note the CRC error is probably to do with your MCH Reference needing to be tweaked. On the fly incription/decription can be MCH/RAM intensive as well as CPU intensive to a point.

If you have enough drive space or a spare disk, would you have any objections to installing Windows 7 RC? There are many more tools available, such as vital stability testing programs that don't exist for Linux and don't have the desired effect when run in WINE, due to them needing a native Windows system to fully stress components. I and others are also much more Windows oriented. I've used Linux and enjoyed it, it's fantastic for image editing, web browsing, video transcoding etc, but I fond myself going back to Windows for its familiarity, easier driver installs (for me) and the fact that I'm into video gaming.
              P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14

Comment

I'm glad to hear the disk reading errors are probably nothing to worry about. Yes, I do have everything backed up, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I killed the drive, it just wouldn't be fun to have to reinstall.

I guess running Win 7 RC in a virtual machine probably wouldn't work, would it? I did download a copy of the RC and could install it in VirtualBox, I suppose. I really don't want to partition this drive to do a separate install of Window$...

Comment

I understand your concerns RE data integrity. re-installing is never fun, and always seems like robbed time.

I must confess that I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to VM's. I understand that it's a form of emulation though in a way. Is this a correct assumption? If so it would probably not be a good idea to run stability tests in a virtual environment. There's no way to be sure that anything reported by the program, either errors or lack thereof is accurate.

Does Linux have any tools that can shrink partitions? Windows 7 has the ability to shrink a non OS partition by a specified amount, then create a new partition in the empty space. If you could do something like that, then delete Win 7 and merge the partitions when done, it would minimize the inconvenience. The other alternative is of course unhooking your Linux/data drive(s) then using a spare just for Win 7. Not everyone will have a spare drive to hand though of course.
                  P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14

Comment

Originally posted by linux4me View Post
                    I guess running Win 7 RC in a virtual machine probably wouldn't work, would it? I did download a copy of the RC and could install it in VirtualBox, I suppose. I really don't want to partition this drive to do a separate install of Window$...
                    Linux kernel support it too.
                    I am not familier with VirtualBox but virtual machine should now work better then it have before.
                    Last edited by Chike; 07-16-2009, 08:13 PM. Reason: KVM link

Comment

+ 1 ^^

Just be sure to enable it in the BIOS and set it according to your system MAIN OS x86/x64

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
                        I understand your concerns RE data integrity. re-installing is never fun, and always seems like robbed time.

I must confess that I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to VM's. I understand that it's a form of emulation though in a way. Is this a correct assumption? If so it would probably not be a good idea to run stability tests in a virtual environment. There's no way to be sure that anything reported by the program, either errors or lack thereof is accurate.

Does Linux have any tools that can shrink partitions? Windows 7 has the ability to shrink a non OS partition by a specified amount, then create a new partition in the empty space. If you could do something like that, then delete Win 7 and merge the partitions when done, it would minimize the inconvenience. The other alternative is of course unhooking your Linux/data drive(s) then using a spare just for Win 7. Not everyone will have a spare drive to hand though of course.
                        Yes, Linux has some tools that can shrink partitions, so what you suggest is possible. I just don't have the space on this drive to spare. In fact, that's why I haven't set up the VM for Win 7 yet. I'd have to remove some stuff. At the moment I have spares of everything but drives at the moment. It figures.

Here are the settings I tried to get the 1600 out of my RAM with the 7.5 multiplier and the 400 FSB as you suggested that gives me a CRC error:

CPU = Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz 1333 MHz FSB
                        Motherboard = GA-EP45T-UD3LR
                        BIOS Version = F5
                        Ram = 8 GB (2 GB X 4) OCZ (model OCZ3N1800SR4GK) PC3 14400 1.9v DDR3 SDRAM
                        CPU Clock Ratio ......................: [7x]
                        x Fine CPU Clock Ratio................: [+0.5]
                        CPU Frequency ........................: 3.00 GHz (400 x 7.5)
                        >>>>> Standard Clock Control
                        CPU Host Clock Control................: [Manual]
                        x CPU Host Frequency(Mhz).............: [400]
                        PCI Express Frequency(Mhz)............: [100]
                        PCI Express Clock Drive...............: [800mV]
                        CPU Clock Skew........................: [0]
                        MCH Clock Skew........................: [0]
                        Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.)........: [] - don't have this one
                        System Memory Multiplier (SPD)........: [4.00B]
                        Memory Frequency(Mhz).............: 1066 1600
                        x CAS Latency Time.............7......: [8]
                        x tRCD ........................7......: [8]
                        x tRP..........................7......: [8]
                        x tRAS.........................16.....: [27]
                        x tRRD.........................4......: [Auto]
                        x tWTR.........................4......: [Auto]
                        x tWR..........................8......: [Auto]
                        x tRFC.........................60.....: [85]
                        x tRTP.........................4......: [Auto]
                        x Command Rate (CMD) ..........0......: [2]
                        >>>>> Channel A Timing Settings
                        x Static tRead Value.............7...: [8]
                        >>>>> Channel B Timing Settings
                        x Static tRead Value.............7...: [8]
                        >>>>> Channel A Driving Settings
                        x Driving Strength Profile..........: [Auto]
                        >>>>> Channel B Driving Settings
                        x Driving Strength Profile............: [Auto]

>>> CPU
                        CPU Vcore..............1.30000......: [Auto]
                        CPU Termination........1.200......: [Auto] 1.22 gave me "invalid compressed format" error
                        CPU PLL................1.550......: [Auto]
                        CPU Reference..........0.805......: [Auto]
                        >>> MCH/ICH
                        MCH Core...............1.100......: [Auto]
                        MCH Reference..........0.760......: [Auto]
                        MCH/DRAM Reference...........: [Auto]
                        ICH I/O................1.550......: [Auto]
                        ICH Core...............1.100......: [Auto]
                        >>> DRAM
                        DRAM Voltage...........1.500......: [1.900V]
                        DRAM Termination.......0.750......: [Auto]
                        Channel A Reference..........: [] - don't have this one
                        Channel B Reference..........: [] - don't have this one

I tried with tRFC at 60 and at 85 as shown here and it didn't seem to make any difference. (The OCZ forums recommended a tRFC of 72-88 with 8 GB of RAM.)

Unless you guys can see something obvious that should be changed, I don't want to monopolize any more of your time on this. I think I will just be happy with the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                          Linux kernel support it too.
                          I am not familier with VirtualBox but virtual machine should now work better then it have before.
                          Thanks, Chike, I already have virtualization enabled. My VM with a Win XP SP3 guest does run much better on this board/CPU/RAM than it did on my old one.

Comment

I notice that clock drive is set to 800mv for both CPU and PCIe. If this is the case then I recommend loading optimized defaults and saving first.

The setting that causes most Windows based stability problems for me is MCH ref. If everything else is set up perfect, altering this a1-3 steps down from default can mean the difference between an instant fail the second a stability test is started and a 24 hour clear run.

To adjust MCH ref, it's important that you first set CPU Termination to 1.200V. Now set 0.760V MCH ref, and using Page up/down, reduce it to 0.740V to start with. Now you can restore CPU term to the setting you desire. When you increase CPU term, notice that MCH ref voltage values rise. This is normal, as MCH ref scales as a % of VTT (CPU Term). If you get CRC errors still, again with 1.2VTT set, enter 0.720V for MCH ref, then increase VTT back up.

Try the following in order:
                            1. Set 0.740V MCH Ref at 1.2VTT, leave 1.2VTT and test.
                            2. If unstable try 1.22VTT,1.24VTT etc all the way up to one tick under your current Vcore. eg if Vcore is 1.35V try VTT up to 1.34V
                            3. If this doesn't work then try 0.720V at 1.2VTT and repeat ine increases in VTT.

I've also amended your template below. It's vital that you give slightly more Vcore than normal, even though you're running at stock CPU speed. It needs a bit more juice to be able to interface with the increased FSB. The value displayed on the left in the BIOS is the default VID (Voltage ID). Setting 2-3 ticks up from this is perfectly safe. You are covered up to 1.3625V, so a couple of ticks is nothing. Eg if the VID is 1.250V then set around 1.2750-1.28xx.

The following template contains voltages and timings that are above stock /looser than stock but well within the safe range. This is because of your large amount of RAM, the fact that I'm not 100% sure how far DDR3 can be pushed on sub-timings etc.

Code:
                            CPU Clock Ratio ......................: [7x]
                            x Fine CPU Clock Ratio................: [+0.5]
                            CPU Frequency ........................: 3.00 GHz (400 x 7.5)
                            >>>>> Standard Clock Control
                            CPU Host Clock Control................: [Manual]
                            x CPU Host Frequency(Mhz).............: [400]
                            PCI Express Frequency(Mhz)............: [100]
                            PCI Express Clock Drive...............: [800mV]  <--[B][I] with optimized defaults this should be 900, don't set manually though, use "Load optimized Defaults"[/I][/B]
                            CPU Clock Skew........................: [0]
                            MCH Clock Skew........................: [0]
                            System Memory Multiplier (SPD)........: [4.00B]
                            Memory Frequency(Mhz).............: 1066 1600
                            x CAS Latency Time.............7......: [8]
                            x tRCD ........................7......: [8]
                            x tRP..........................7......: [8]
                            x tRAS.........................16.....: [27]
                            x tRRD.........................4......: [[B]5[/B]] <--this and below set 1 looser to eliminate timing issues. tRFC is set nice and loose after your research, so 85 is fine.
                            x tWTR.........................4......: [[B]5[/B]]
                            x tWR..........................8......: [[B]9[/B]]
                            x tRFC.........................60.....: [85]
                            x tRTP.........................4......: [[B]5[/B]]
                            x Command Rate (CMD) ..........0......: [2]
                            >>>>> Channel A Timing Settings
                            x Static tRead Value.............7...: [[B]9[/B]]
                            >>>>> Channel B Timing Settings
                            x Static tRead Value.............7...: [[B]9[/B]]
                            >>>>> Channel A Driving Settings 
                            x Driving Strength Profile..........: [Auto] <-- [B]try setting as close to 1600 as you are able to select[/B]
                            >>>>> Channel B Driving Settings 
                            x Driving Strength Profile............: [Auto]<--[B]try setting as close to 1600 as you are able to select[/B]

>>> CPU
                            CPU Vcore..............1.30000......: [Auto] <--[B]Set 2-3 ticks up from the value that's shown on the left.[/B]
                            CPU Termination........1.200......: [Auto]<-- [B]Don't leave on Auto, as it can be dangerous. See main body of my post for how to set.[/B]
                            CPU PLL................1.550......: [[B]1.57[/B]]
                            CPU Reference..........0.805......: [Auto] [B]<--Auto is OK.[/B]
                            >>> MCH/ICH
                            MCH Core...............1.100......: [[B]1.240V[/B]]<-- [B]You may need less or more. Maybe more due to the amount of RAM[/B]
                            MCH Reference..........0.760......: [Auto] <-- [B]see main body of my post for how to set[/B]
                            MCH/DRAM Reference...........: [Auto]
                            ICH I/O................1.550......: [Auto] <--[B]Manually set to the voltage indicated on the left.[/B]
                            ICH Core...............1.100......: [[B]1.100V[/B]] <--[B]Any problems with USB, PCIe or HDD controllers, try 1.200V thou 99% sure it's not necessary and 1.100V is fine.[/B]
                            >>> DRAM
                            DRAM Voltage...........1.500......: [1.900V]
                            DRAM Termination.......0.750......: [Auto]<-- [B]Fine on Auto for this clock[/B].
                            I know it seems like a lot of stuff to do, however it's really only a hour or two if everything goes well. You have a backup, and Linux is more robust than Windows IMO when it comes to file corruption etc, so I'm positive you will have no trouble. Getting 1600 or more on the RAM will be worth it for the type of system usage.

@ Lsdmeasap:

As you know I'm not a DDR3 user so if you have any suggestions should there be stability problems, your input would be invaluable. I've just followed the universal rule of more MHz = looser timings, which is the safe route. I'd never recommend settings if I wasn't 100% sure there would be no data loss and this means that things may be set too loose, meaning some wasted performance.
                            P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14

Comment

Hey Psycho,

When attempting to use the settings you suggested for the initial trial, I noticed a couple of things that I wasn't able to configure according to your suggestions, which may explain why the machine wouldn't post:
                              • 800mV is the optimized default for CPU Clock Drive and PCIe Clock Drive.
                              • "Auto" is the only option I have for Driving Strength Profile. I couldn't see a way to change it.
                              • CPU PLL options jump from 1.550 to 1.650, so I couldn't try a setting of 1.570.

I tried all the other first-go-round settings and the machine wouldn't post. It just clicked a few times with no display output and restarted with the failsafe defaults. I'm going to play around with it a little more to see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by linux4me View Post
                                Drive.
                                • "Auto" is the only option I have for Driving Strength Profile. I couldn't see a way to change it.
                                Could it be that this optios does not apply to DDR3?

Comment

Working...
                                X