Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got My New Core 2 Quad (Q9650) CPU and Still Not Stable!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got My New Core 2 Quad (Q9650) CPU and Still Not Stable!!!!

I got Windows 7 32bit and it works well with my HDTV card. The old printer and everything works. When I treid the 64bit it give me errors after it installed the tv card drivers so I went to the 32bit. I downloaded them from Microsoft and burned the iso file to a DVD. You can get it here page down close to the bottom and pick the version you want.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 06-17-2009, 09:09 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I meant the x 64 bit version of windows XP Pro. Not the Windows 7 x64 bit version.

Comment

I just ran a bench mark using Everest. And it did a Memory Read of 6800 Mb/s!!!
        This is TERRIBLE!!! My Pentium 4 HT 3.73 Ghz EE CPU would hit 7600 Mb/s all the time!!!!!
        What is up with this?
        Shouldn't this CPU just kill the Pentium 4 CPU?

Comment

One More thing, I did have this Graphics Card installed on my old Dell Dimension 4700. It has an Intel board, and it worked just fine! That is It didn't have the Re-start problem?
          The Re-start problem started when I installed the new Gigabyte Board?

Comment

I don't know about that but that error message is related to Windows, drivers, or software . Until you get that in order you will not get that system performing correctly
            Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
            Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Yeah, you are right! I just need to concentrate on getting the error fixed!
              Anyway, I have had the computer running for 2 hours last night and 2 hours so far this morning with the Memory Voltage at 2.040 and it has not failed yet?!
              Do you think that by me increasing the Memory Voltage from 2.020 to 2.040 fixed the problem?
              I wouldn't think so, but what do you think? I know I will find out sooner or later if it fails, but I would think it needs to be more stable than it is to ever try overclocking it? Am I right?

MattR.

Comment

WOW! You hit 9600 Mb/s! I have never come close to that! I did hit 7600 Mb/s with my Pentium 4 and 8000 Mb/s with my new CPU (Q9650) overclocked with Easy-Tune to 3.8 Ghz! But my computer is not stable right now I don't think?

But you are right about Everest not being to accurate. Because I have noticed that on a "good run" so to speak, like when I hit 7600 Mb/s with Pentium 4 EE. Because it never regularly hit that again.
                But it would almost always hit mid 6000's, so for the most part I think it gives you a pretty good judge of what the speed is. If you run it a few times and look at the one's that are around the same speed. When I hit the high numbers I think it was just good timing on running the test. Like there weren't as many Processes running in the back ground at the time?

But still you hit 9600! And Mid 7000 consistently it looks like, running at 2.333 Ghz!
                I wonder what most other people with my processor (Q9650) and similar motherboard and memory hit with the same test?

Anyway, thanks for the info! And making me wonder even more! Ha, Ha. Just Kidding!

MattR.

Comment

Right now it seems to be running O.K.? At least it hasn't tried to re-start itself yet today.
                  I was just curious if you would disable the C1E and SpeedStep in the Advanced BIOS? Because my CPU keeps changing from x6 to x9 on the multiplier and that means its not running at full speed all the time? I noticed that the FSB speed varies from 2 Ghz to 3 Ghz in unison with the multiplier.

Thanks!

MattR.

Comment

When discussing drivers you seem to be concentrating on Video drivers. What about the chipset drivers, sound drivers, lan drivers, etc.? Are they all up to date as well?
                    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Advanced Settings
                      Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                      No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled] << Enabled
                      CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                      C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                      x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                      CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Disabled] << ENABLED
                      CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                      Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]
                      Last edited by artdrivers; 06-17-2009, 02:10 PM.
                      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                      Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        Well, so much for it being stable I thought. IT JUST DID THE RE-START THING!!!!!
                        So, as for the question about the other drivers yes they are all up to date. I just changed the BIOS to the newest version 2 days ago. And the Sound-Card drivers are the only one's out there, and I have never had a problem with them on any computer.
                        As for the chipset and LAN drivers they are the one's that came with the motherboard and the guys at Gigabyte didn't think that was the problem.
                        I REALLY, REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO???

MattR.

Comment

Well,
                          I just got off the phone with ATI and they seem to think it is the Motherboard? The guy on the phone said that the error code "Bad_Pool_Caller" is a motherboard issue. He said if you go to Microsoft's web site that it is listed there, and it say's it is motherboard related?
                          I couldn't find what he was talking about? But he talked me out of trying to change my Graphics Card drivers and software? He seems pretty sure that it would not make a difference?

Anyway, I just thought I would let you guys know what I found out so far. I am not sure whether to replace the motherboard or not right now? But it looks like I have no choice?

I just don't want to be without my computer for very long, that's all!

MattR.

Comment

Working...
                          X