Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard - Front Panel Audio not working

Hi I recently built a new PC , the Spec is Below:

MotherBoard - GA-EP35-DS3L (Rev 1.0 Bios F4)
    Video Card - Nvidia Geforce 8800GT
    PSU OCZ 400 WATT
    RAM - 4 GB Kingston Hyperx
    OS - Vista X64 Ultimate

Anyway I havent yet got any of the front panel Audio to work (mic or earphone jack plug ) The Audio and Mic jack plugs work at the back though

When reading the manual on page 72 there seems to be a software tool being used that is installed with the motherboard CD . I havent yet found this Gigabyte Audio software tool , I have the CD but haven't got a clue how to install it .

I am not very good technically but the Front panel audio is plugged in ,even the usb works on the front of the Chassis .Every thing does seem fine inside aswell

What could be the problem ??

Re: GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard - Front Panel Audio not working

I know that this is a relatively old post but just in case this might help someone, here is what fixed it for me.
    1. Install the Realtech Audio driver from: GA-EP35-DS3L - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver
      You will have to choose your OS (currently at the bottom of that page) to get to the drivers selection page.
    2. After this is installed check to see if you front panel works. If so, you're done otherwise...
    3. After you installed the driver and restarted you should have an audio manager running which gives you an icon in the system tray. Run the manager and click the Speakers tab.
    4. On the rightmost panel (where all the panel ports are shown) click the yellow folder icon just below the "device advanced settings" link.
    5. Put a check mark by "disable front panel jack detection". This might sound counter-intuitive but I think it means that the port will always be powered instead of unpowered until it detects a headphone jack.

Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks for posting your tips, might help someone someday!

Comment

Hi!

One short question. I have this mb, with Creative X-FI Gamer sound card. I want to use the front side audio panel from the chassis, but have one issue. Sound card doesn't have any pins for connecting the front side audio panel wires (which is strange, doesn't it?). If I connect the wires to the pins on motherboards, will I got sound from the front jack as I'm using my sound card, not the integrated sound card from mb?

Thanks

Comment

If Creative 70SB073A00000 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer is your sound card, the front panel connection is in upper front corner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Creative 70SB073A00000 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	753428
          Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
          P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
          4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
          MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
          Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
          WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
          SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
          Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
          Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
          Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
          MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
          Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
          HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
          CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
          E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
          Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
          Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
          HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

I did my research and solved the problem, although there are some minor questions.

First, I found the exact front panel pin-out of my sound card. The reference is here http://www.creative.com/oem/resource...rds/SB077x.pdf

As you can see on page 2, there aren't any labels on the board for pins (that's the reason I thought there are no FPA pins). On page 5 you can find the exact pin-out for FPA ("Front_Panel HDAudio_FP (8)").

These are my wires: IMG_0105 - IMG_0105.JPG - Minus

I used HPOUT L, HPOUT R and GROUND wires, with their corresponding pins. I didn't used the -L and -R wires, as I didn't know where to put them and whats their purpose.

I got sound on headphones (although I have to put the jack in correct position, because when I press the jack fully there is no sound, so I have to pull it back a little to hear the sound) but have questions:

1. What's the purpose of -L and -R wires and where shoud I plug them?
            2. How to set up to automatically mute the speakers when I'm using the headphones (I checked that option in drivers, but it doesn't work)

Thanks

Comment

What case are you running that would have all the pins separated like that?

I think Example 3 would apply without the Mic, but I'd play with different conbinations...

Vin
              Main Rig
              OS = Win10-64Bit
              CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
              Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
              MB = Asus ROG C6H
              GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
              HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
              PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
              Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
              OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
              CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
              Mem = 24GB RAM
              MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
              GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
              HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
              Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
              PSU = Corsair TX750
              Case = Define R5

Comment

Well, I dont use the mic wires. I used 3 wires from this picture IMG_0105 - IMG_0105.JPG - Minus

HPOUT R : Pin 5
                GROUND : Pin 7
                HPOUT L : Pin 9

Comment

So it's working ok?

Vin
                  Main Rig
                  OS = Win10-64Bit
                  Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
                  MB = Asus ROG C6H

HTPC / Home Server
                  OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
                  Mem = 24GB RAM
                  GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
                  PSU = Corsair TX750
                  Case = Define R5

Comment

Originally posted by Vinster View Post
                    So it's working ok?

Vin
                    I got sound on headphones (although I have to put the jack in correct position, because when I press the jack fully there is no sound, so I have to pull it back a little to hear the sound) but have questions:

1. What's the purpose of -L and -R wires and where shoud I plug them?
                    2. How to set up to automatically mute the speakers when I'm using the headphones (I checked that option in drivers, but it doesn't work)

Thanks

Comment

I'd put them in Blue and Yellow from the pic above.

Vin
                      Main Rig
                      OS = Win10-64Bit
                      Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
                      MB = Asus ROG C6H

HTPC / Home Server
                      Mem = 24GB RAM
                      GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
                      PSU = Corsair TX750
                      Case = Define R5

Comment

Originally posted by nitrooreo View Post
                        I know that this is a relatively old post but just in case this might help someone, here is what fixed it for me.
                        1. Install the Realtech Audio driver from: GA-EP35-DS3L - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver
                          You will have to choose your OS (currently at the bottom of that page) to get to the drivers selection page.
                        2. After this is installed check to see if you front panel works. If so, you're done otherwise...
                        3. After you installed the driver and restarted you should have an audio manager running which gives you an icon in the system tray. Run the manager and click the Speakers tab.
                        4. On the rightmost panel (where all the panel ports are shown) click the yellow folder icon just below the "device advanced settings" link.
                        5. Put a check mark by "disable front panel jack detection". This might sound counter-intuitive but I think it means that the port will always be powered instead of unpowered until it detects a headphone jack.

Good Luck.
                        Thanks alot. I had been thinking already 2 years that my front panel audio is broken. But this solved everything.

Comment

Working...
                        X