GA-EX58-UD4P Triple Channel Memory Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EX58-UD4P Triple Channel Memory Problem

Well, the whole problem is moot now. I decided to make one more thorough check of the cpu socket to make sure there were no bent pins. There weren't then - but after I dropped my light on the socket there is and, the board will no longer boot. No way I can straighten it so the replacement will be here tomorrow.
    i7 920 DO @ 4410 210*21 Watercooled
    Gigabyte GA-Ex58 ud4p
    3X2gb Mushkin DDR3 1600
    2x4870 1GB Ati Crossfire.
    Intel X-25M SSD OS drive
    G.Skill Titan 128gb SSD X2 RAID 0 Data
    Corsair HX850 PSU
    Windows 7 x64 7600

Comment

Originally posted by genec57 View Post
      Well, the whole problem is moot now. I decided to make one more thorough check of the cpu socket to make sure there were no bent pins. There weren't then - but after I dropped my light on the socket there is and, the board will no longer boot. No way I can straighten it so the replacement will be here tomorrow.

OUCH, very sorry to hear!

Hopefully your CPU survived, you should not have tried it after that. If you didn't great, just sounded like you did

Comment

Sorry for the delay here! Just tested this for another user and remembered your post.

Yes, you should be able to boot with a single stick in any of the white slots. Sounds like you have a faulty module, have you tested them one by one for 5-10 passes in memtest86+?

You may need to use more QPI/Vtt, see the review for mushkin's DDR3 in my signature. To run 6-7-6-18 I had to use around 1.43 I believe, so that may be part of your issue?

Comment

Working...
        X