Actual QPI voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual QPI voltage

I have been trying to optimize voltages for a 4GHz overclock on a EX58-DS4 with an i920. I can't seem to get any stable voltages for QPI apart from the Auto setting.

Is there anyway to find out what the actual QPI voltage is?
    I don't think the value shown in the bios screen next to the setting is correct when overclocking.

Re: Actual QPI voltage

Hi,

You can check what all voltages are actually set at, in:

Easytune6-> Tuner -> Advanced -> Voltage l / ll
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Comment

^^ Correct for sure ^^

You may also manually check with a DMM/DVM Multi-Meter, here are the measuring points for the X58-UD5 I believe they are the same across the X58 series for Gigabyte boards>>
      Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 X58 Motherboard Review - Page 14 - Hardware Canucks

Comment

Originally posted by C3D76 View Post
        Hi,

You can check what all voltages are actually set at, in:

Easytune6-> Tuner -> Advanced -> Voltage l / ll
        Thanks, I found it. I don't know why but I completely missed the little tabs in the Advance Tuner section in ET6 previousely.

It looks like the auto value of 1.175V for QPI in the bios screen is correct. That's what it says in ET6 but I have not measured it with a DMM. I had been playing around with QPI values of 1.24V and up and it always blue screens when loading windows or crash when running the Intel Burn Test.

Comment

Ahh, ya they can be overlooked especially if you do not hit the tabs. Looks like they tried to semi hide them from users who should not play around with them.

Ya ET will show you either what you set in the BIOS or what the BIOS Choose for Auto only, they may or may not be exactly correct voltagewise but those are the set settings chosen.

I think they should be pretty close to actual values though, I just noted that to you about it shows the setting only because of course that will not be the Vcore you are getting shown in ET. You would need to use CPU-z to see that.

What BSOD codes did you see, ones ending in 124 are often Vcore and 101 is often QPI

Comment

Working...
          X