Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA UD5 X58 - How can i tweak my comp? (ram mostly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA UD5 X58 - How can i tweak my comp? (ram mostly)

Originally posted by Nicolas16 View Post
    Sorry im new to computers. My first hardcore rig :)
    hi.open cpuz and look if your memory suport xmp.if not you never see inside bios this setting.its simple.

Comment

Yes, you memory must support XMP. Do you have a link for it?

If not, look with this program, in the tab I show in the screenshot you will see XMP or not. >>>
      CPUID

XMP CPU-z Image

If you do not see it, your BIOS will not show you the setting. If you do see it in CPU-z, then look in the MIT page of the BIOS under the Performance Enhance setting and you will find XMP Settings.

You have loaded optimized defaults after you last flashed or when you built the machine right? If not, you need to do that now and save and apply and reboot BACK to the BIOS. You MUST go right back to the BIOS before you let windows load so you can set your SATA/Disk settings all again

Is your CPU an ES (Engineer Sample) CPU? You should see more then 6-18 Memory Multi's if it is not a ES as only ES CPU's have locked Memory Multipliers (6, 8).

UD5 and Retail 920 Memory Multi's >>

Source cause I am lazy
      Overclockers UK Forums - View Single Post - Overclocking Core i7 920: CPU and DDR3 Memory Speeds & Multiplers

Maybe you still need to load optimized for sure?

To See if your's is ES, you would look here and see if you see ES where I circled it in this image >>>

Comment

I dont got XMP in CPUZ neiter ES :(

Comment

Hi. Here is the link to your memory OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR3 PC3-15000 CL9 Edition Platinum Series Low-Voltage Triple Channel On the ocz website it does not mention that it has xmp settings, This could explain the absence of this setting in your bios settings. I have checked other memory on the ocz website and in their other tripple memory kits the spd and xmp are listed under specs. If I were you I would contact ocz to confirm this. You may have to set it manually.

Comment

Try this. Start computer, go into bios, press ctrl and F1 on the main menu to ensure all changeable settings are shown in your bios, go into M.I.T. section, Change QPI link speed from auto to 36, change Base Clock(BCLK) Control from disabled to Enabled, Make sure the BCLK Frequency is set to 133, Have Performance Enhance set to Turbo, change System Memory Multiplier from auto to 14, change Dram timing selectable to Manual, Change cas latency time to 9(you may have to press numlock to use your number keypad), change trcd to 9, change trp to 9, change tras to 28, Change load line calibration to Enabled, change qpi/vtt voltage from auto to 1.34, and last change dram voltage from auto to 1.64. Remember to change the dram values for cas,trcd,trp and tras for all the three channels of your ram as the settings above.

Comment

Forget my last post, I missed that you were overclocking your cpu, But the settings above will get your ram to spec, and your cpu at its normal speed, once you have established your ram performs correctly, I would then start overclocking the cpu.

Comment

thnx will try this.

is it a big loose, that i dont got xmp?

Comment

Na, no loss if you do not have XMP as it may or may not be correct settings per your hardware anyway. Always best to set things up yourself.

Have you started overclocking any yet?

XMP or not, you should still be more memory Multipliers then you originally mentioned. Do you see them all now like the image I showed you? If not please answer my questions about your BIOS version and if you loaded optimized defaults yet or not

Comment

Hey Lsd!!!

I got F6c BIOS which fixes all my tripple boot totally ! :D

When I OC my fans start running at an insane level when i logg into Windows :/ Very loud.

Im not very sure about Overclocking.

Keep in mind, that i want my CPU to run 2.8ghz 20x 140 + turbo mode, since the cooler can easily handle this :)

If u know a guide pls link :)

Bye from Nicolas - Denmark

Comment

Working...
                    X