ex58-extreme+f6d beta bios.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex58-extreme+f6d beta bios.

hello friends.after i install f6d beta bios my system is not stable and i try to come back to f4 ,but i take message invalid file.try again with f6b but nothing .with q-flash always.what doing now?help!

Re: ex58-extreme+f6d beta bios.

If the system is unstable you should not flash your BIOS, you should try to find settings first that are stable. Can you describe your settings and what signs of instability you see?

Comment

with f4 o/c easy to 3.4.after i put f6d and i try the o/c guide for ex58extreme+i7_920 ,found here(tweaktown)and crash with all settings.my simple question.can i install f4 again or f6b.q-flash say *invalid*to all bios files.thanks my friend but iam leaving now.its early morning and working.thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I had the same problem with Q-Flash and F6d.

I managed to go back to an older BIOS with Gigabyte @Bios utility, and then reflashed again through (working) Q-Flash just to make sure..
        Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
        Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
        i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
        Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Comment

i see.q-flash is not install older bios versions.corect?it`s safe to flash with @bios flash utility?

Comment

Originally posted by C3D76 View Post
            Hi,

I had the same problem with Q-Flash and F6d.

I managed to go back to an older BIOS with Gigabyte @Bios utility, and then reflashed again through (working) Q-Flash just to make sure..
            thanks my friend .its o.k. now.

Comment

Qflash will install any BIOS, as long as the BIOS is not corrupted (And even then sometimes it will so keep a eye on it's messages to you)

@BIOS is not suggested

I have passed this F6d info along to Gigabyte

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                Qflash will install any BIOS, as long as the BIOS is not corrupted (And even then sometimes it will so keep a eye on it's messages to you)

@BIOS is not suggested

I have passed this F6d info along to Gigabyte
                yes ,its not safe @flash but if q-flash show all bios files invalid what can i do?emergency solusion. f6b is stable to try?i have problem with o/c and the guide i found here in tweaktown for 4ghz with i7_920 and corsair 1333.
                Last edited by notios7; 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Qflash should not be showing you ALL BIOS invalid. If it is you may have a faulty memory module, or you need to try a different Flash source (Like a different USB Stick or use a FAT32 Partition or a floppy)

This F6d is the only reported Corrupt BIOS I have seen lately, all the others should be fine for you in Qflash unless you have a different issue.

You can also flash from DOS using the Tools that come with official downloads (FlashSPI and Flash895)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                    Qflash should not be showing you ALL BIOS invalid. If it is you may have a faulty memory module, or you need to try a different Flash source (Like a different USB Stick or use a FAT32 Partition or a floppy)

This F6d is the only reported Corrupt BIOS I have seen lately, all the others should be fine for you in Qflash unless you have a different issue.

You can also flash from DOS using the Tools that come with official downloads (FlashSPI and Flash895)
                    o.k. i try f6b and come back in 5min.thanks lsdmeasap and sorry for my bad engish.
                    Last edited by notios7; 03-05-2009, 02:05 PM.

Comment

finish now and working perfect and q-flash and bios and usb stick.all normal exept temperature rise to 33 from 31 idle.its o.k.f6b

Comment

I'm Glad it helped Notios.

Sorry I recommended @BIOS, it was the only option I thought of at the time. At least we got away with it though.
                        Next time (I hope not) I'll definitely either try FlashSpi or 895...

LSD: Just a thought. When I was trying Q-Flash at first, I also thought my USB stick was corrupt or something... I tried 5-10 different Bios's on there, all with the same result...
                        When I ran @BIOS, the Flash went through with the exact same BIOS on the same USB stick that had just failed with Q-Flash... So in my case, it wasn't the "Flash Source".
                        Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
                        Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
                        i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
                        Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Comment

Originally posted by C3D76 View Post
                          I'm Glad it helped Notios.

Sorry I recommended @BIOS, it was the only option I thought of at the time. At least we got away with it though.
                          Next time (I hope not) I'll definitely either try FlashSpi or 895...

LSD: Just a thought. When I was trying Q-Flash at first, I also thought my USB stick was corrupt or something... I tried 5-10 different Bios's on there, all with the same result...
                          When I ran @BIOS, the Flash went through with the exact same BIOS on the same USB stick that had just failed with Q-Flash... So in my case, it wasn't the "Flash Source".
                          same to me .after f6d .q-flash found all bios files *invalid*thanks for help friend and lsdmeasap.i see the report just now.

Comment

Yeap, this info has been passed along and the engineers are testing out the issue

Comment

Working...
                            X