Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRAM Voltage control has no effect on EP45-DS3R ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DRAM Voltage control has no effect on EP45-DS3R ??

Yes, I know it should default to 1.8V. Whenever Green LAN is enabled, any manual change to DRAM Voltage is ignored. I could set any value and the DRAM voltage in the PC Health Status page always reads as 1.792V.

BTW, I'm finding the OCZ Reaper HPC 1066MHz RAM works very nicely at 806MHz and 1.6V!
    Intel Q9550 @ 3.842GHz * Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 * 8GB of OCZ Reaper HPC * nVidia GeForce GTX 660 * Mac OS X 10.9.2

Comment

Hey, sorry I forgot to give you the update notice from the Engineers yesterday.

Ya, about your above post and mine, I just wanted to check to be sure. Just sounded funny I guess how you said that. I thought you knew for sure anyway, but one can never assume around here

The engineers said that they tested this issue fully with the Multiple old BIOS and the new beta they gave you and are unable to replicate it, and have had no other reports of this issue. They also stated as I had thought, this LAN Setting should have nothing to do with your ram voltages.

They suggest you leave that setting disabled as it does only saves Very little power anyway.

They also stated that they cannot replicate any boot issues with F11b either. So you may just have some settings off or something. Do keep in mind what is stable for settings in one BIOS is not always in another, so you can't always just assume there is a issues because your old settings do not work.

On that note, if you would like settings help with either BIOS, I can for sure help ya out just let me know

You may have a faulty piece of hardware on your board, and if you would like some RMA info I can give it to you if you would like to RMA your board due to these issues.

Comment

I don't think there's a hardware problem, might be a bad flash. I may try again with another download later.

I have a working system with BIOS 11a so no need to RMA. I'm also not too concerned about the Green LAN issue, it just surprised me. Thanks for helping out Lsd!
        Intel Q9550 @ 3.842GHz * Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 * 8GB of OCZ Reaper HPC * nVidia GeForce GTX 660 * Mac OS X 10.9.2

Comment

One last note - I've seen some other weird BIOS settings interactions in both F10 and 11a. Mainly the Smart CPU Fan control - it gets switched to Disabled without my actually changing it. I suspect it has to do with switching the (G)MCH Divider Strap. Again, no big deal, just some little stuff going weird here and there.

Comment

Anytime man, I do try to forward issues such as this that seem that it would be for sure BIOS only and not end user errors, ect and I thought it did sound that way in this case.

I guess it is not though, but oh well no biggie.

So you have another of the same exact setup without this issue? If so then ya, you may have something on this board in question that is faulty, or a bad flash maybe like you said?

Or did you just mean this board is fine with F11a, if so then ignore me, I wont mind!

About your fan setting comment, are you seeing a triple reboot when saving those settings or a warning when you enter the MIT Section when you notice this? Just checking to be sure your settings are being used/saved/applied.

Are you using Profiles? I do notice sometimes a few settings do get put to default when switching between profiles.

You can always leave MCH strap on Auto, if you track this down to be the cause for sure. I always use Auto MCH Strap on my p45 board, and just choose the corresponding Memory Multi for the strap I want to use. I know them all though, in case you don't or want to save them here is a image of all the straps and thier respective multi's >>>

If you are not using profiles, maybe you could test doing so and see if it keeps your settings. Press F11 on the MAIN page of the BIOS and save your settings and name that profile. Then save/apply and reboot back to the BIOS and then disable this setting and save/apply and reboot back to the BIOS and this time press F12 on the MAIN page and load your saved profile, check that this setting is set how you saved/wanted it and then save and apply and reboot and go back to the BIOS and see if it stays set how you wanted.

Using profiles sometimes helps with settings like this, but do also keep a eye on your Memory Multi as it sometimes get set to Auto or a value other then what you save when you load or switch profiles. So that's just one thing I always check after loading a profile
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-13-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Anytime man, I do try to forward issues such as this that seem that it would be for sure BIOS only and not end user errors, ect and I thought it did sound that way in this case.

I guess it is not though, but oh well no biggie.
              It seems like a BIOS problem to me, but as you say, no biggie. The mystery is solved and I have a working system with the most important settings I want.

Or did you just mean this board is fine with F11a, if so then ignore me, I wont mind!
              Yes, that's what I meant.

About your fan setting comment, are you seeing a triple reboot when saving those settings or a warning when you enter the MIT Section when you notice this? Just checking to be sure your settings are being used/saved/applied.
              I played around a lot with memory multipliers last night. It doesn't take a triple reboot to have the CPU Smart Fan setting change out from under me. But at this point I don't know what is triggering that change, it wasn't quite what I thought.

Are you using Profiles? I do notice sometimes a few settings do get put to default when switching between profiles.
              Using profiles sometimes helps with settings like this, but do also keep a eye on your Memory Multi as it sometimes get set to Auto or a value other then what you save when you load or switch profiles. So that's just one thing I always check after loading a profile
              Yeah, I have seen this when switching profiles.

Thanks again Lsd, and cheers!

Comment

Well the engineers tested several BIOS's old and new so it sounds to them like you have a hardware issue not BIOS issue. But yeah, like you said it works disabled anyway... and who needs that enabled anyhow.

I wouldn't RMA over that myself either.

Hmm, well do post what it is that is changing your fan preference if you figure it out.

Good luck with things, and post back anytime!

Comment

Working...
                X