• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-Extreme 3x2GB memory not work Triple channel mode

CPU model and rated speed:-Intel i7 920
    Overclocked CPU speed:-2.66
    Divider and FSB used:-
    Memory:-OCZ3G1333LV2G 3 x 2GB (Slot 1 ,3 ,5)
    Motherboard and revision:-Gigabyte EX58-UD5 rev 1.0
    Motherboard Bios rev:-F5
    Video card:-GeForce 8800 GTX
    Power supply:-Seasonic SS-600HT 600W
    Operating System:-Vista 32-Bit SP1 and XP-32Bit SP3

Only dual channel work VISTA-32bit and XP-32bit.
    Is this normal (CPU-Z Channels#: Dual, Size: 6144 MBytes)?
    Last edited by arskas_s; 02-27-2009, 03:25 AM.

Re: GA-EX58-Extreme 3x2GB memory not work Triple channel mode

Are you sure you have the memory on the right slots? For triple you use the outside slots, not the blue ones. XP32 only supports 3gb of RAM. So it is a waste to run 6GB. You need XP-64 or Vista 64-bit for full support of the 6GB and triple channel.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme (bios revision beta F6B) / I7 920 @ 3.8GHz 1.3V (190 x 20)
    Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 3X2GB 8-8-8-24 @ 1.64v (running at 1520MHz with 8 multi)
    EVGA GTX 285 x 2 SLI
    Samsung Syncmaster 275T LCD
    Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W Modular PSU
    ASUS Xonar DX2 w/Onkyo TX-SR706 / Kef 7.1
    Sennheiser HD595
    2 x 300GB Velocoraptors in RAID 0
    Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler
    Coolermaster H.A.F.932 / Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

Comment

System boot see only 4GB RAM (install total is 6GB=3*2GB)

Slot DDR3_1 not work (white).
      Slot DDR3_3 boot and OK (white).
      Slot DDR3_5 boot and OK (white).

Maybe solution:
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ex58...t-issue-28679/

Originally posted by drakos View Post
      Are you sure you have the memory on the right slots? For triple you use the outside slots, not the blue ones. XP32 only supports 3gb of RAM. So it is a waste to run 6GB. You need XP-64 or Vista 64-bit for full support of the 6GB and triple channel.
      Last edited by arskas_s; 02-27-2009, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Do you see the same if you re-arrange the memory, in the same slots I mean just move it around to see if all sticks are indeed working?

If so and it is always the same you will need to start by removing the CPU to be SURE there are NO Bent pins under it. I have seen this several times, since the memory controller is in the CPU one bent pin can mess up the ram

Comment

New GA-EX58-Extreme motherboard work right and all memory slots.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
          All memory kit also 6GB=3*2GB is OK.<o:p></o:p>

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Do you see the same if you re-arrange the memory, in the same slots I mean just move it around to see if all sticks are indeed working?

If so and it is always the same you will need to start by removing the CPU to be SURE there are NO Bent pins under it. I have seen this several times, since the memory controller is in the CPU one bent pin can mess up the ram

Comment

So it was a faulty board then eh? Bent pins?

Either way, nice to hear you now have a working system!

Comment

So it was a faulty board then eh? Bent pins?

Either way, nice to hear you now have a working system!
              Only one pin is bent.
              How this possible?

(That pin not corner . Maybe factory fault)
              Last edited by arskas_s; 03-07-2009, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arskas_s View Post
                Only one pin is bent.
                How this possible?

(That pin not corner . Maybe factory fault)

Last edited by arskas_s; 03-07-2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Hmm, well if it was done at the factory they would never admit it.

Anything can bend a pin, something could catch onto it when you are not looking like a cloth or something you may be doing? I have seen TONS of bent pins come back to our shop that were fine when I last saw the board. It happens alot more then you would think, and it does not happen always in a corner

Did you try at all to bend that back, you likely could have as it does not look to bad. But then again I could not see it very well as those images are not large enough for me to fully see it as close as I would need to

Did you get a RMA or did you have to buy a new one??

Comment

Hmm, well if it was done at the factory they would never admit it.

Anything can bend a pin, something could catch onto it when you are not looking like a cloth or something you may be doing? I have seen TONS of bent pins come back to our shop that were fine when I last saw the board. It happens alot more then you would think, and it does not happen always in a corner

Did you try at all to bend that back, you likely could have as it does not look to bad. But then again I could not see it very well as those images are not large enough for me to fully see it as close as I would need to

Did you get a RMA or did you have to buy a new one??
                    Buy a new one.

Purchase dealer say that is you problem. I know that is not installation fault.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                    I have work experience many years and I know how installation that processor.<o:p></o:p>

Processor integration video

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear you had to buy a new one!

You could have RMA'd the old one (Still can) to Gigabyte and they will charge you for a new socket. But you must call or email ahead of time and let them know you know of the charge for bent pins and socket replacement and plan to pay for that. Then you could at least sell the board and make some of your Money back

Ya, that does look like you could fix the pin pretty easy, have you tried yet?

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear you had to buy a new one!

You could have RMA'd the old one (Still can) to Gigabyte and they will charge you for a new socket. But you must call or email ahead of time and let them know you know of the charge for bent pins and socket replacement and plan to pay for that. Then you could at least sell the board and make some of your Money back

Ya, that does look like you could fix the pin pretty easy, have you tried yet?
                        Not yet. How you do that?
                        What instrument I need (magnifying glass, tweezers and xx) ?
                        Last edited by arskas_s; 03-08-2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Yeap, a magnifying glass and a needle or razor is what I use. You could also use a jewelers pencil.

Anything you can think of that small really, just be careful so you don't make it worse or bend another pin

Good luck, maybe you can fix it and use or sell it

Comment

Working...
                          X