Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EX58-UD5 REV 1.0 won't boot (no led info)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EX58-UD5 REV 1.0 won't boot (no led info)

Case? I have a CM Dominator 690.

I installed the original realtek audio drives that came with the Gigabyte original CD. Since its recent, I guess its the last version...

Yes, I checked everything.

Comment

Yes, I meant case as in your CM Dominator, is it the same one you was using when you said your headphones sounded better?

The CD drivers are always all old. Always get the latest at Gigabyte's site at least, I always get them direct myself, so in this case you would want this driver >>
      Realtek

Comment

Well, I've just hit the *exact* same problem.

Basic system is as follows...

Corsair TX650W
        GA-EX58-UD5 Rev 1.0
        Intel i7 920
        Corsair XMS3 RAM (2x3Gb)

When I power the system up fully...
        • I get no POST beep whatsoever.
        • The two digit display shows 88
        • The Phase LEDs are on full.
        • The DDR Phase LEDs are on full.
        • SATA drive powers up.
        • Nothing shows on monitor.
        • Nothing lights up on my keyboard.

Did you find the problem was your power, or did the EPROM need flashed? I can't quite determine that from this post.

Thanks,

Stu

Comment

Since the technician claimed that the BIOS was corrupted (couldn't post), he manually recorded the EPROM.

Still, I still could not get to work here, so the first problem was my PSU...

But one thing its true, this board takes too long to boot, not used to that : P.

Comment

Right, I take it back, it was entirely my fault.

I had plugged in the 8x2 12v, but not the 4x2.

Whoops :S

Comment

*reason I posted this was for future troubleshooting, if everything is lighting up like crazy, it's not got enough juice*

Comment

Ouch, you got lucky to have not fried things it sounds like!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spedge View Post
                  Right, I take it back, it was entirely my fault.

I had plugged in the 8x2 12v, but not the 4x2.

Whoops :S
                  @ Spedge

Hello! This is my first post...

I was experiencing the same problem: Gigabyte UD5 wouldn't post, same Phase LED lights. Just yesterrday I RMA'ed the mobo to Newegg.

My concern is now the PSU, since it seems like it is a potential culprit. I have a newly bought Corsair 850TX, which is similar to the 650TX, and I didn't notice any 8x2 12v connection. Did you mean the 24pin? Unfortunately I do not have a separate system to test the PSU with (this i7 would be my only computer).

In any case, I had plugged in both the 24pin and the 4x2 pin and was still running into the boot/no display/phase LED problem described in the OP. Do you or anyone suspect this is a PSU problem?

Comment

I forgot to mention:

Memory is OCZ 1600 6gb

I tried seating each module one at a time, only on the white slots (the outside 2 slots were the ones I were using when seating 1 at a time).

I also started from scratch, reseated the CPU (no bent pins). Which is why I am led to believe this is either a PSU or a mobo issue. Unfortunately no other system to test the PSU ..

Comment

Yep, he's wrong, he mentioned the 2x4 pins 12v.

Make a test with another PSU first, its possible...

Comment

directoryman, did you get anywhere yet?

I would not suspect a PSU issue, but very well could be a DOA one maybe? Can you test either in another setup or with a PSU Tester?

Ya, I think that user may have been trying to connect a 8Pin GFX card cable to his 2x4 ATX 12V motherboard connection or ya he was confused and meant the 24pin, not sure

You need to connect the 8 Pin ATX 12v (4x2) and the 24 pin of course

If not you should start with things outside of the case, off the motherboard tray to eliminate shorts as a issue. Then remove all hardware except the GFX Card and CPU/Heatsink and your ram. Nothing else, then see if it will start. If not try clearing the CMOS using the button for one minute with the PSU unplugged from the wall. If no luck, try clearing the CMOS using the method I posted in post #2 here >>>

Comment

Hi everyone.

I am getting exactly this same problem with my board.
                          Have read the posts and will see how I do!

Stupid computer! Even with all the RAM removed and CMOS reset, it still shows those same LEDs. Something is definately wrong!

Nigel
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nplummer View Post
                            Hi everyone.

I am getting exactly this same problem with my board.
                            Have read the posts and will see how I do!

Stupid computer! Even with all the RAM removed and CMOS reset, it still shows those same LEDs. Something is definately wrong!

Nigel
                            nvm i see the pic now,did you test one stick at a time in each white slot?
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pal;

My problem was in the PSU, not the board or another peace...

I bought a Corsair HX1000 and all went fine.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I emailed Gigabyte and got this response....

Hi,

Please trouble shoot one more time there are many things can cause system not boots up, here is the trouble shoot procedure :

Remove the board out of the chassis/case and test on bench.

Please make sure 4/8pin 12v connector and MB 20/24 pin connector are both plugged; just install cpu , video card , single stick memory ( on slot 1 which is close to cpu ) and pc speaker ,turn system on if no video display comes up check error beep code :

-one long continue beep, it means memory can't pass bios check, try re-install memory or try other brand name memory,

- 3 beeps or 2 long and 8 short beeps then 2 then 1, it means video card can't pass bios check, try re-install video card firmly or try other video card

- no beep at all, try remove the memory with out memory turn system on check if any beeping signal ,

-without memory still no beeping signal symptom tells either motherboard or cpu is defective, test cpu in other system or test with an other known good cpu to confirm defective motherboard.

I have tried this and had a bit of luck, see my response below...

Hi

Thank you very much for the reply. I have undertaken the instructions below as you mention and have (after a lot of also trying other things) managed to get the motherboard started twice.

The first time I had the computer working with the barebones, slowly built it up with all RAM and connections etc. It still worked. I then moved it back to its normal home, unplugged the DVI monitor, connected the HDMI TV (my normal screen) (note computer was off) and then tried to start again. It went back to fail/not booting as described before.

I then tried again. Stripped it down, eventually managed to get it started, built it up (with DVI screen) and turned it on - fine.
                                With the computer on, I plugged in the HDMI TV - Fine (and re-booted fine)
                                Then with computer on, I removed the DVI monitor - fine - just the HDMI TV showing the picture.
                                Tried to reboot (with just HDMI connected) - back to fail/no boot as before.

The only way to get life back in to it is to stip it down as I have done a few times now. Does this mean I have a faulty Graphics card (its a Palit 9500GT with VGA, DVI & HDMI) or do you think it may be the motherboard?

Many thanks

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                                X