Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EX58-UD3R SATA HDD and DVD shown as IDE Master and Slave in Bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD3R SATA HDD and DVD shown as IDE Master and Slave in Bios?

Hello,

New to the forum. I just finished a build with EX58-UD3R and i7 920. Everything runs fine. In browsing the Bios I noticed in the Standard Cmos Settings that my Sata HDD is listed IDE channel 0 master and my Sata DVD is listed IDE channel 0 slave.
    Is this correct ? or do i have something wrong that these aren't listed as simply Sata 0,1,2 ect.
    Bios is default settings and hasn't been touched.

Re: EX58-UD3R SATA HDD and DVD shown as IDE Master and Slave in Bios?

I believe that your drives are in IDE mode by default unless set to AHCI or Raid. People are having probles with AHCI where if it were enabled, the DVD drive would not be recognized properly and boot from cd (to install Windows) would not be possible. I don't know if this is a design flaw or bios issue. Many more revisions to come so we will just have to stay tuned.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme (bios revision beta F6B) / I7 920 @ 3.8GHz 1.3V (190 x 20)
    Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 3X2GB 8-8-8-24 @ 1.64v (running at 1520MHz with 8 multi)
    EVGA GTX 285 x 2 SLI
    Samsung Syncmaster 275T LCD
    Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W Modular PSU
    ASUS Xonar DX2 w/Onkyo TX-SR706 / Kef 7.1
    Sennheiser HD595
    2 x 300GB Velocoraptors in RAID 0
    Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler
    Coolermaster H.A.F.932 / Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

Comment

Hello,

Could someone else with the EX58-UD3R please check thier bios to see if your Sata drives are listed the same way, I'd very much appreciate it.

Comment

That is normal, it's just how Gigabyte choose to name them when they are not in AHCI or RAID

Comment

Thanks so much!!...I guess I'm the only dummy who doesn't know that.

Comment

Well don't feel bad, it has been asked many times. It just confuses people the way they translate/word it is all. Some boards label them as SATA, some IDE, some ATA.

Just keep in mind it is SATA, and will run as SATA unless you have it set in AHCI or RAID.

So, you are good to go

Comment

Thanks again for the insight!

Comment

Anytime, feel free to post back if you have any other issues or questions and we will try our best to get them answered!

Comment

Working...
                X