GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX resets continually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX resets continually

Well, I tried the disk on the purple controller again, tried all settings including legacy ide control, windows will create and delete partitions, then say it can't find a valid system volume for install...

At one point I tried to make the drive available to both windows and OsX - someone suggested that creating both fat32 and hfs+ partions under OsX diskutil would result in a hybrid partition table acceptable to both Vista and Osx. It didn't, and I've attempted to go back to a straight MBR partion table.

I suspect this juggling may have bricked the drive as far as Vista is concerned.

Raised the static TRead value per your suggestion. This required changing from Auto to Manual Dram settings, timing set 5-5-5-15.

System continues to boot normally.

Comment

Ya you would not be able to move a AHCI install from one controller to the other as the drivers differ.

With all that OSX talk, you may need to Zero out your drive and start over. Let me know if you need me to find you some freeware tools to do this. If you already have such things like Hiren's Boot CD or similar the proper tools will be on those. You would need to Zero out the drive and then format it again Primary NTFS and set it active then you should be able to install Vista without issue on the Intel Ports

Comment

the usual 2 cents :)
        Yeh get the hard drive out of the picture.
        Low level format/repair it with the manufacturers own utility if needed.May have to search a bit.
        Me personally,One drive for one operating system.
        mbrd will let you boot off whatever drive you want and 150+gb drives are v inexpensive now.
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

So did you get anywhere greg?

Comment

Okay -

I downloaded Hiren's Bood CD and burnt the iso, but it won't boot. Dos boot just hangs, tiny Xp ends with a screen with large blocks of color. Perhaps because I have a Sata cdrom? Dunno. Lots of utilities there, all with a huf extension. Wazzat? Probably huffman coded? Dunno.

Anyhow, I tried parted and blowing away, rewriting partition didn't make vista happy; finally used vista recovery/repair option and let it repair the disk. Now have a good bootable vista install, updated with gigabyte driver disk, wifi working so I can update from web.

On OsX. still trying to find and complete driver installs and end with a bootable disk without needing Cd boot-132.

With a good Vista, and the board now stable - I credit the dram voltage adjustment primarily responsible - now perhaps I can look at performance enhancement.....

Comment

I had exactly the same problem and boosted the DRAM voltage just like you. The only other change I had to make was to REDUCE the MCH voltage to 1.05, then it worked just fine.

Comment

Well Hirens will boot and run on SATA, but the programs wont load normally anyway so you would be out of luck anyhow.

Sounds like you did not burn that as a ISO Image file, do you need some help with how to burn a ISO? If so see here >>>
                How to Write ISO Files to CD

Be sure you do not Extract the ISO File either!! If you have winrar installed, but no ISO apps it will appear to be a .RAR File but it is not. You MUST keep it as a ISO and burn it with a ISO app or as a image file

But again, ya Hirens will be of no use on a SATA Setup

Ahh, I reply as I read! I need to stop that! HAHA

Glad to see you are up and running now

Comment

Working...
                X