Unable to install OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install OS

I seem to be having trouble installing any OS such as XP or Vista. I've already put my bootup to CD. I keep getting a NTLDR error when I try to install XP or some errors when I try to install Vista. I've tried to reset my CMOS. Am I doing something wrong?

Specs are :
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
    Radeon HD 4850 512MB
    Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)

Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
    Last edited by Poonagez; 02-16-2009, 01:14 AM.

Re: Unable to install OS

Please describe in more detail wat waht time the error occurs and how far you get in the installtion! This will help narrow down the problem.

Comment

Comment

Also when I boot and it goes in to LOGO screen, I'm unable to navigate anywhere such as pressing Del to go to BIOS. It seems like it hangs for 10 seconds and then my monitor tells me there is no signal and it reloads back onto the LOGO Screen.

Comment

Have you changed anything in the bios, or is it still at factory default?

NTLDR, can indicate that an OS has been moved or is now unaccessible (for whatever reason). This can happen sometimes with boot managers if you use windows and linux etc.

Was there an OS on the drive before you attempted a clean install?

Also have you tried the ISO versions of WDC diagnostics or Seagates Seatools (both self bootable), to either prepare the drives (ie with zero filling) or to just give it/them a quick check?

Also have you tried the self bootable memtest utility, just to make sure the CPU/memory subsytems are ok too?

Both checks, HD and memory can take less than an hour combined and are good ways to check that your build is essentially ok.
          GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Working...
          X