Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DQ6 Boot problems

Firstly a hello to every one :)

Now I own a GA-EP45-DQ6 (rev. 1.0) and I had the following specs running in it:

Intel E8400
    2 x 1gb Gskill DDR 1066
    Nvidia 8800GT
    250GB Seagate

It was running perfectly but then yesterday I upgraded the E8400 to a E8600 and now the mobo does not boot properly. When I turn it on the fans all turn on and you can hear them running at full and the mobo just rotates between the different diagnostic leds. The screen remains blank but I can hear the hdd starting and the CD rom I have tried taking these out but it makes no differece. With every 20-30 times I turn it on it will start and once it has started it runs perfectly. I can run games and Prime 95 with no errors. No overheating problems or anyhting. I have tried refashing the bios to F12 and also F13a but this hasn't helped.
    I have tried everything I can think of.
    Any advice will be apreciated :)
    Thanks

Re: GA-EP45-DQ6 Boot problems

Maybe your new CPU is dead?
    CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.2GHz W/ 1.184v (Max Overclock - 4.1GHz ON AIR)
    Mobo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (Max Overclock - 515FSB)
    RAM: CellShock 2GB PC2-8500 @ 1200MHz 5-5-5-15 (Max Overclock - 1300MHz 5-4-4-12)
    Video Card: Gainward HD4870 GS @ 775MHz/4000MHz (Max Overclock - 835MHz/1175MHz)
    Case: Antec 1200

Comment

It does boot every so often and when it does boot CPU works perfectly. Ran Prime 95 for an hour and it works fine. CPU-Z picks it up and it is running at the correct voltage and speed so I would say CPU is fine.

PS. Sorry about the cricket :P
      Last edited by tanka; 01-30-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. If you still have the old CPU, see if it has the same problems. If not, I'd return the new CPU.
        Intel Q9550 @ 3.842GHz * Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 * 8GB of OCZ Reaper HPC * nVidia GeForce GTX 660 * Mac OS X 10.9.2

Comment

Tried my old cpu and now it also give me these problems :(

Comment

sorry to sound ominous mate but ,take the cpu out and check the socket for debris.ie little bits of old thermal compound....I have seen this done..especially with arctic silver......Did you have a hard time installing the cpu fan..i.e. was it a little tight to fit on?..if so this could be your problem mate..I really hope not...modern CPU`s are mostly ZIF.or zero insertion force..you should not struggle to put a cpu fan on at all!..I dont mean to be the bearer of doom but it sounds so familiar...

Comment

Okay well the thing is like I said it does boot ever so often I trylike now I am posting off the pc we are talking about and is 100% stable.

I did struggle to get the fan on but I also did with the previous CPU fan I had. I did check the pins and they were all fine.

Comment

When you say it won`t boot ..does it go in to the old boot cycle or absolutley nothing at all..if nothing then as the guys say above its most probably a power issue..if you get the multiple boot cycles its usually a Basic Input Output System error and lsdmeasap will be able to sort you out with that mate..I`m really glad its not what I thought it could be..I actually rescued a mobo with that problem too!..I was lucky..hope you get it sorted mate.. I`m sure the guy`s here will be able to point you in the right direction..

Comment

I think it boots correctly every time as all the lights go off as they are meant to but the GPU fan stays on 100% and there in nothing on the screen. The screen on my G15 comes as which mean it must have logged into windows.

Comment

what card have you got mate?( open your bleedin eyes Dave 8800 GT..lol)...what slot have you put the card in to ? do you have all the upto date drivers for your card?..and most important have you got enough power for your new cpu and Graphics card when they are both working together?...it seems like one of those "I just overlooked something" problems if you are getting power to your board then thats ruled out. but, if theres no graphics interpretation coming on screen then its a northbridge problem and two things usually cause that..power supply and graphics card woes.,can you touch the northbridge chipset for longer than a couple of seconds without it burning you?...if not then you could well be having heat issues too..what cooling system have you got mate?..I know its seems like I`m answering your questions with a question but it helps to evaluate the posibilities and narrows the problems down to the root cause!.

Just another addition mate ...when you had your last cpu in there did it ever give you any of the 0X00000428 error codes on startup?..any blue screens with IRQ_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL...with error messages on there?..
                    Last edited by Knightron; 02-03-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Got latest drivers for my card and I have a 700W power supply so would hope it is supplying plenty of power. The northbridge is warm but not at all burning hot, and gave not got any blue screens with my new or old cpu.

Comment

Working...
                      X