X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with EP45-UD3R

Specs first:
    Mobo: EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E3110 (aka e8400, could only find 3110's at the time)
    RAM: Twin2X4096-6400C5DHX (4 gigs of Corsair RAM)
    Vid Card: EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB
    Power Supply: Corsair 520 Watts
    Case: Antec 900
    Oh, 2 of these hard drives: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
    and an LG HDDVD/BluRay Sata drive
    Vista 64 bit Home Premium

The story: I had an Abit IP35 Pro board that went bad. I know it's the board, cause it started with the sound slowly going out then everything went bad. It gave me different errors every time, first the vid card, then the memory, etc. It was just erratic.

So, I go and buy this board, assuming all my ol' gear will work with it. First start-up, everything was good. Then I went and tried to install the stuff from the DVD that came with this board and it began to just shut off. So now it just shuts off at any given time.

I went and attempted to load optimized defaults and it booted up just fine again. I left the computer on, walked around and it stayed on. For some reason, I decided to redo the SATA drives, because it kept showing the DVD drive as a slave. I read a thread about putting the DVD last, so I did that. I have boot drive as 0, other drive as 1, and DVD last. Got rid of the external SATA thing altogether. Still shuts off at any random time.

Tried the 1 stick of RAm, shuts off at any time.

Please help, am addicted to my computer and I need it bad!

Re: Need help with EP45-UD3R

NM, at least I hope. I should be banned from computers. I went in BIOS and watched my CPU temps, when i saw it climbing into the 50's, i realized that, uhhh, my CPU is not cooling properly. 50's at idle is not good, not at all. So I will reseat the fan tomorrow, after I pick up some thermal grease.

Hopefully this is the only problem. Does my setup sound like it will work?

Comment

Re: Need help with EP45-UD3R

Yeah 50 degrees idle is not good. Are you using the stock Intel fan? Those push-pins are a pita to get in right. Plus they seem to bend the board when the cooler is mounted. I know I had a heck of a time with them. So I got a backplate like this LGA775 Bolt-Thru-Kit with Screws & Springs It works with the stock Intel cooler just remove the push-pins and use the screws instead. Securely mounted, better temps and no bendy board. Peace of mind for 5 bucks.

Comment

Working...
      X