Ga-ep45-ud3p memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ga-ep45-ud3p memory

Ya, sounds to me like one set is bad for sure. What you could do to be sure is try each stick one by one and then mark the ones that fail.

Be sure you keep the "Sets" separated so you can compare your test results from the kit tests, to the single stick tests. But from what you posted sounds like a bad set for sure as either should boot and work at the settings mentioned

Comment

Thank you very much vorlonuk and lsdmeasap for your help you were both great i really appreciate the time you spent helping me out,
      could you please recommend a good set of memory that is good for this board just incase corsir wont replace thanks again for your help

Comment

Originally posted by andypepp View Post
        Thank you very much vorlonuk and lsdmeasap for your help you were both great i really appreciate the time you spent helping me out,
        could you please recommend a good set of memory that is good for this board just incase corsir wont replace thanks again for your help
        Corsair should replace your memory especially as you have the exact same product (ie another 4GB kit of their memory) and you have tested both kits under the exact same conditions - and one kit fails.

I know Lsdme likes Mushkin memory and I tend to like OCZ simply because of the product and more importantly the service I get here in the UK.

We see, Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial, OCZ, Gskill, Geil, Patriot and others here on the forums and most of the time all makes will work with a good selection of Gigabyte boards. Some might need more tweaking than others.

Tend to see a lot of OCZ and Corsair, but then as they are the market leaders (I'm not suggesting they are the best or more prefferable) and compete with each other, thats to be expected.

All I can really suggest, is that if you do wish to go for 8GB and you are looking for an alternative to Corsair, then either buy an 8GB kit or 2 x 4GB kits at the same time and if affordable, but something with some guaranteed headroom, ie DDR1000. You might not be able to run it at 1000Mhz when all 8GB is installed, but it should help to ensure, that you will be able to run at 800Mhz (and possibly more) with stability.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Thanks again vorlonuk for your help
          VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

Comment

Working...
          X