ET6 will not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ET6 will not work

Sorry I can't offer any help, but ET6 seems to be woking ok here (apart from not reading Vref voltages properly)

I'm running a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 with Vista Ult. x64 SP1 (installed using an official SP1 MSDN ISO)
    UAC is disabled, but i'm using the normal user account. Not running any AV at the moment, and I installed ET6 normally
    *shrug*

the only prob i have is that every time it loads it says something about there being a newer version:

but i've already installed version B8.1224.1 from the GB website (i think)
    Last edited by GHz; 01-13-2009, 10:26 AM.
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

Comment

Oke this may sound a bit controversial but...

Ive had this issue to and.. i my case it had to do with the boot loader i used to not have to activate vista (out of principle) Once i did a clean install and activated properly without the use of a boot loader all works fine... Dont know if this is your scenario though..

Comment

Hmm, interesting Lars J!!!

I never thought to ask about that as this is not that type of a forum, but you are correct I see many issues at other forums with bootloaders, hacked installs/drivers, and improperly modified BIOS's.

Comment

I am sorry if i crossed a line here, i thought it was worth mentioning.
          Not really by rules i know

edit:
          I also thought i should post this as i see so many questions about this subject and on a lot of boards most people seem to use an ultimate version of Vista. While of course perfectly possible, i have my doubts by how many people are really willing to dig into there wallets so deep just for an ultimate version....
          Last edited by Lars_J; 01-14-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Ahh, no worried man!

I visit such places daily so I know for sure what you meant, and glad you mentioned it. As you see there has been no reply about that.... So it may be the cause of the issue at hand.

I can say my Modded BIOS works fine with ET

Since I do my own BIOS, I have no experience with bootloaders nor am I willing to install one for such tests as I dont have the time to flash my BIOS to normal, install bootloader and then test and uninstall bootloader and reflash my BIOS. Well I guess I would have time, just no desire to find the correct bootloader per my system as there is so many and some work with this and not with that and so on.

Comment

Sorry for the long time no reply but work has been a killer the last few days.....

I dont have any funky boot loader preventing activation. I have a fully activated copy here....

Looks like i am running in circles, so i guess i'll have to do a clean re-install and see how that pans out for me. If not, guess i'll just wait to a newer version of the software

Comment

I just finished a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64 and I am seeing the same issue?? Hummm...?

-Jason
                i7 3770K @ Stock for now F5 BIOS
                2 X 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
                2 X 240 GB SATA 3 SSD RAID 0
                Gigabyte Z77X-Up7
                EVGA GTX 680 Classified
                EVGA GTX 285 PhysX

Comment

i've discovered that if i leave ET6 running for long enough, it will crash with the GUI MFC Application has stopped working message
                  i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

Comment

Working...
                  X