Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X48-DS5 with 8GB & Q9450 OC settings

Update time!

I'm going to leave it on 400mhz with tRD of 7, it seems really responsive and the volts are nice and low - even if temps are not so low.

What was weird was even on tRD of 9 and loose RAM etc I couldn't even get 425mhz+ stable, no amount of tweaking would do it, I'm not sure why given previous efforts but it doesn't matter now, I'll stay on these settings.

Cheers again,
    Deano.

Comment

OC settings

Hi!

Can you post here the new BIOS configuration?
      I have GA-X48-DS5 with 8GB & Q9450 and i want to try to OC!

Comment

Hi again, Deano!
        What is the BIOS version? I tray 7 but in Prime95 the PC is stable only for 7 min! and the coretemp show me 70-72C.

Comment

LSDMEASAP - On the current settings the Static tRead Phase Adjust sets itself to 1, on all other setting it's 0, is this ok? There is no manual setting for 0, what sort of impact will a setting of 1 have (This helps best understand what it does: http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3190&p=12) I take it that 1 will counter my tRD of 7 making it redundant, might have to stick with 8 hey?

VALENTINMM - I didn't see your post above, I sure can, give me a bit and I'll get it up ok.
          Last edited by Deano_20802; 07-01-2009, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by valentinmm View Post
            Hi!

Can you post here the new BIOS configuration?
            I have GA-X48-DS5 with 8GB & Q9450 and i want to try to OC!
            Originally posted by valentinmm View Post
            Hi again, Deano!
            What is the BIOS version? I tray 7 but in Prime95 the PC is stable only for 7 min! and the coretemp show me 70-72C.
            Although tRD of 7 was fully stable according to all the tests (even IBT) the system behaved laggy and wierd when it was set, and the ONLY way I could get it was to run 399MHZ and 2.50A strap (5:4).

I have finished my testing and it's the first core on my CPU holding everything back, mobo even with 8GB is good for 450MHZ 24/7 but by even 3.4GHZ the CPU needs CRAZY high volts (for 24/7 use) and tRD of 7 is not an option, so I've found my perfect compramise.

I'm on 420MHZ giving 3.36GHZ CPU, 1700MHZ FSB, 2.40B Strap giving 1008MHZ RAM and tRD of 8. If feels great all round so I'll stay here.

I'll post up ALL the other settings including voltages tomorrow when I've finished getting them as low as I can, it's only early but it's +0.10V FSB, +0.225V MCH, 1.3500V CPU, but as I said they are coming down as we speak, I test fully after each drop.

If your serious about the OC download IBT and Memtest 86+

Comment

Working...
            X