EP45-UD3R overclock help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-UD3R overclock help

You download a Asus BIOS file? Are you using a Gigabyte board?

I really mean setting .68 in the BIOS, which is .68% of Vtt at stock

Ya, some BIOS's/Boards do not let you set both, Ref 2 would be locked then for you at .67% of Vtt

Comment

yes, an Asus Bios file for my video card, an Asus eah 3450. However, it doesn't want to work, but the website says it fixes the s3/sleep in vista. I have to call/write Asus and figure out what is going on with that file.

The .68% is throwing me because that means less than 1%, so if my VTT was 1.35, .68% would be less than .0135v. Which is why I assumed you really meant 68%, or .68 of vtt. Just not both together. As to more of the confusion, it was whether or not I should always increase those as vtt increases or only if I feel stability is an issue. It seems from what you wrote that AUTO would take care of the adjustments for me, but perhaps they don't give it enough juice at the higher clocks?

Tellerve

Comment

Ahh, for that you need to boot from a floppy to flash your GFX Card BIOS. You should ask them or google it as I cannot advise you about that myself.

Yes it is a % of Vtt .68% for example but your math is wrong (Well I guess I worded it wrong I mean). So ya, you had that right I guess I just worded it wrong. 68%, I just write .68 as I know that is how it is calculated. Sorry for the confusion!

For your example 1.35 VTT x .68 = .918V

It is not a voltage, so more or less is not increasing a voltage really. It is a reference or voltage stopping point. Auto will increase it or decrease it keeping it at .xx% as you change Vtt, unless you alter that value it will always be the stock .76% (For MCH Ref)

And if you do change it, you need to do so when Vtt is at stock, then raise Vtt back to what you wanted to use.

Here is some in depth reading about Ref Voltages and what they do, this is about CPU's but it will teach you about the idea of it >>>
        Adjusting A/GTL+ Levels for Increased FSB Signaling Margins and Overclocking - The Tech Repository Forums

And >>
        Understanding GTL Reference Voltage

CPU And Northbridge GTL Default Settings

Not sure why, but that site asks for login now, so I had to link you via Google cache. Here is the site main page incase it is working normally for you when you go there >>>
        Edge Of Stability

Comment

Working...
        X