Just got p45 ud3p to post! Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got p45 ud3p to post! Now what?

Hey guys whats up. I just assembled everything and it booted up the first time yay! Anyways what do I do now? All these BIOS settings are a bit intimidating. Do I Need to flash the bios? Or does it come with a factory setting? Is their anything I have to do before installing the OS?

I put in my Xp upgrade disc and it failed to install, it said it has to quit to protect my comp? wtf? Do i need to change anything in the Bios? Install gfx card drivers? Thanks!

Re: Just got p45 ud3p to post! Now what?

For starters...are you joking? Don't be insulted but how did you put together your rig but not know how to install windows? You want to do a clean install and not an upgrade so the first thing you want to do is get a full OS disk and in advanced settings set the first boot device to CD/DVD drive and follow instructions from there for installing windows. You can deal with tweaking the bios after that is done.

Comment

An xp upgrade disk should work just fine so long as you have a win 98, me or 2000 disk to prove that you have a prior version. It does sound as though you may be in over your head a bit (how do you plan on installing graphics drivers without an operating system?). If you would be kind enough to tell us anything about your new system (mobo, cpu, ram, gpu, psu etc.) them maybe someone can point you in the right direction.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Lol sorry i was rushed. Ok my problem is I am trying to install xp and I dont have the sata drivers to continue the xp install. I bought the HD oem so it did not come with any floppy with the drivers. It urges me to press f6 and load them. You guys gets what I am saying?

Where can I find the sata drivers for this mobo?

Comment

do u really need the sata drivers??? :S im pretty sure u can still run it w/o it, its just for all those RAID features which i dont think ull need.

To do this the SATA mode must b set in IDE Mode, so aslong as u dont hav RAID or AHCI mode on then ur good.

SATA drivers can be found at the gigabyte website, just look for ur motherboard model and click on drivers.
          Asrock P55-Extreme
          Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
          2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
          ASUS HD5850
          1TB Samsung SATA II
          Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

how do i set the sata drive to ide? thanks

Comment

ok Randomness I have SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge)-DISABLED

SATA Port0-3 Native Mode-Enabled(Allows the SATA controllers to operate in Legacy IDE mode.)

I also set the Sata drive to IDE. But still I have the same problem when I try to install my Xp disc. Everything goes good until it gets to the screen "windows starting up" then it says it had to end install.

The code it gives is

0x00000000E or something like that? Anyone?

Also I have my sata hard drive in the yellow slot 0. And I have my optical drive connected to ide as master.

Channel 0 Master HD
              Channel 4 Master Optical drive

is this ok? or should the optical be set to slave on the ide ribbon? thanks
              Last edited by mac16; 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mac16 View Post
                Lol sorry i was rushed. Ok my problem is I am trying to install xp and I dont have the sata drivers to continue the xp install. I bought the HD oem so it did not come with any floppy with the drivers. It urges me to press f6 and load them. You guys gets what I am saying?

Where can I find the sata drivers for this mobo?
                Are you saying you don't have an XP installation CD???

If you do have an XP Disc, then you shouldn't need to load any drivers at all. There maybe an issue if you have a very early XP disc - ie no service pack, as I believe (and I'll have to check), that greater HD support was added in SP1. Nevertheless you still shouldn't need additional drivers pre-OS installation unless you are using AHCI/Raid.

So if you Have XP Service Pack 1 or greater, try installing again and skip anything to do with F6.....
                GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

This is with windows a windows xp home edition upgrade disc. I keep trying and it continues giving me the error code

UPDATE-IT WORKED. WOW spent all day trying to figure this out and all I had to do was you XP sp2 disc. It did not want to work with just the regular xp home, but when i put in SP2 it worked first try. LOL

Anyways, moral here is use sp1 or newer disc if you have a sata hd! Thanks guys!!!
                  Last edited by mac16; 12-30-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

make sure your booting off the cdrom, sounds like its booting into a old windows install * thats why its giving the stop error.

if you are sure your on the install and you need drivers get them at the intel website, put them on a floppy (xp cant use usb drives for installing drivers), the floppy should contain textsetup.oem and some other files. press F6 and load the drivers when it asks. it wont hurt installing them.

also SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge)-DISABLED < that disables the yellow ports, i believe it only has options DISABLED , AHCI and RAID on this board set it to AHCI .
                    Last edited by hyakki; 12-30-2008, 09:00 PM.

GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz (SLB9Y)
                    XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
                    Hardrives (2 seagate (2x500G) sata-II, 4 maxtor,2x200G raid 0 sata, 1 -300G(pata), 1-200G(pata))
                    OCZ SLI 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel OCZ2N800SR4GK
                    OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI

Comment

XP Pre SP1 does not support PCI-E that was likely the issue here for anyone reading this later

Comment

Working...
                      X