GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R memory issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R memory issue...

Heres what ive done. Ive removed my 3rd party cooler, reinstalled the stock one. Ive tested my memory with Memtest, got 5 passes no errors with 4 gigs. Got 5 passes no errors with 8 gigs. The code below is the latest code im getting while running the 8 gigs and on my desktop for about 5-10 after loading up.

0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008 0x0000000080050031 0x00000000000006f8 0xfffff80001c6ed50)

Comment

Hmm, can you please run this HiJackThis so I can see if maybe you have a virus or something funky running at startup as you said this BSOD is just on the desktop right? >>>
      |MG| HijackThis 1.99.1

Run it and do a scan and save log file only and then post the log file here

Are you using norton/Symantec or do you have Double-Take installed?

Can you also run a HDDLife scan on your drive to be sure it is healthy >>

Some info about this error code
      General causes of "STOP 0x0000007F" errors

Why I asked about Norton/Symantec
      You receive a "Stop 0x0000007F" error message or your computer unexpectedly restarts

What OS are you using, and do you have all the latest updates and latest drivers installed? Including Intel Chipset drivers?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've just bought an EP45-UD3R board, and am frankly in love with it. My trusty old Gigabyte GA-8S648FX died recently, so i decided to upgrade. I've coupled my new board with an Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200, Gigabyte Radeon HD4650 1GB, and GEiL 1GB PC2-6400.

Uberpoo, i think your problem is related to 32bit Windows XP/Vista's memory limitation. Problems can be experienced when up to/more than 4GB is installed. It says so in the manual, you have the same board as me! Look at page 10, Product Specifications, and you'll notice there is a small [note 2] at the side of the Memory section. Turn over the page, to Page 12 and look at the bottom, there are the notes.

My setup is only basic at the moment, but flies with most things. Driv3r, Doom 3, and others run great, but GTA IV i get the dreaded missing textures bug, even after the long awaited patch, but that's off topic.

Try lowering your RAM to 3GB, if possible, see if that helps. I used to run my P4 3.06GHz with 3GB DDR400 without problems. AFAIK, the 64bit versions of XP/Vista don't have these limitations, so you might want to try these, if financially viable, or you could get them from *cough cough* illicit sources!

I didn't read most of the thread, so excuse me if i've missed things out.
        Last edited by KitamuraComputers; 01-16-2009, 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

And i did miss something....update your BIOS to the latest, mine came with F3, nd the latest is F5. Every little helps!

Comment

Working...
          X