UD3P and Q9550= SWEET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UD3P and Q9550= SWEET!

If you can somehow rig a fan blowing on the northbridge it would help. I have seen the Antec spotcool mentioned, or just rigging something with cable ties. Also, some are removing the Gigabyte nameplate on the top of the heatsink because it restricts airflow to the fins.

Comment

Hi gang, this is my first post. I have been trying to get something to work on my ud3p. I was able to get my q9550 up to 3.6 on all stock voltages set manually. 3.7 starts beeping at me running linpack. I have tried messing with the voltages but to no success. I am going to try one of the first templates and go from there. I would like to be able to hit 4ghz and run it 24/7 for folding.

Comment

I love this combo on my new rig.

I have to say though I think you guys could push the performance envelope a bit further. I know the myth about VTT voltages being to high and possibly frying the CPU, but honestly it's been debunked..

If you want more proof please read this post http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...-stable-7.html from this forum, ( I suggest reading from the 1st page to the end, but this page towards the bottom is pretty much all you need under 45nm max safe voltage)and do your homework there are PLENTY more.

Everyone has their own idea of what's safe, and to each his own.

I just want to let you all know these CPU's can EASILY hit 500 FSB with correct voltage inputs, and NOt just the E0 version I have a C1..

Anyone interested in the settings required let me know...

CPU speed proof:

Attached Files
        sigpic

Intel Q9550 (C1 Stepping) @ 4GHZ 500FSB

Thermalright Ultra 120mm & IC 7 Carat with 120mm Logisys Green LED fan.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.0)

8 Gigs OCZ Platinum PC-8500 (5-5-5-18)

2 Western Digital 250 gigs 16mb Cache SATA II's Raid-0 Array

Vista Ultimate 64 bit Operating System

PC Power & Cooling Silent 610 watt SLI certified
        80 PLUS

Cooler Master CM 690 (Nvidia Edition)

Case Cooling: 3 120mm Logisys Green LED fans, 2 120mm Panaflow top mounted extractors and 1 Cooler Master Silent front mounted Green LED120mm fan

EVGA GTX 260 (Stock Speed)

Comment

Here Is my voltages: PERFECTLY STABLE UNDER OCCT...
          Attached Files
          sigpic

80 PLUS

Case Cooling: 3 120mm Logisys Green LED fans, 2 120mm Panaflow top mounted extractors and 1 Cooler Master Silent front mounted Green LED120mm fan

Comment

CPU actual voltages according to ET6 which we all should know by now the board undervolts quite a bit.. Temps are at IDLE pictured the temp at full load never gets above 55c...
            Attached Files
            sigpic

80 PLUS

Comment

I think I am on to something. I have it at 3.95ghz now and just ran it through 5 passes of linpack. I will prime it tomorrow and do more passes of linpack just to make sure.

It was at 1.264 vcore at load. The only thing I would want to do yet is get me memory up to speed. I have it at 333 and 2.00b. Sorry I don't know all of the fancy terminology for straps and what not. vtt was at 1.3 and mch was at 1.3.

Comment

Looks like I might get 8gb of DDR800 to run at 950 yet. Just finished a run of OCCT v3.0 no errors.I'll try Linpack and see what happens lol.

Edit: Dropped fsb to 471x8.5 for 4.0ghz with all 8gb in Priming for 4 hours so far.
                Last edited by Prospector; 02-01-2009, 02:18 PM.
                Q9550 EO 4.0ghz 475x8.5 1.325v LLC on
                Gigabyte EP45-UD3P f9c OCZ Vendetta2 w/bolt kit
                4x2gb OCZ PC2 8500 5-6-6-18 1.9v @950mhz
                Asus 4870 512 Scythe Musashi
                Ocz Gamextream 600w
                2x300gb Velociraptors RAID0
                CoolerMaster Stacker 830
                Dynex 32" HDTV on HDMI
                Vista Premium 64-bit

Comment

Here are my settings so far. I haven't touch any of the advanced timings for the memory. I would like to get the memory up to at least 1066 if not 1130. The memory is ocz platinum 2x2gb ddr2 1066. Right now the cpu is running at 3.95 with what I think would be fairly low voltages. If I try to up the fsb to get 4.0 it isn't stable so I will have to add a little more voltage somewhere. My temps are staying right around 45-51c full load.

Anyway here is my template. Any help on getting my ram tuned would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
                  ******Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)******<o:p></o:p>
                  <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
                  Robust [URL="http://forums.tweaktown.com/#"]Graphics[/URL] Booster.........................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Clock Ratio.................................[ 8        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Fine CPU Clock Ratio............................[ + 0.5    ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Frequency 4.0GHz............................[ 465 x 8.5  ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******Clock Chip Control******<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Host Clock Control..........................[ Enabled  ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)........................[ 465      ]<o:p></o:p>
                  PCI Express Frequency (Mhz).....................[ 100      ]<o:p></o:p>
                  C.I.A 2 [Disabled] <o:p></o:p>
                  ******Advanced Clock Control******<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Clock Drive.................................[ 800mv   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  PCI Express Clock Drive.........................[ 900mv   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  MCH Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******DRAM Performance Control******<o:p></o:p>
                  Performance Enhance.............................[ Turbo    ]<o:p></o:p>
                  (G) MCH Frequency Latch.........................[ 333MHz   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  System Memory Multipler.........................[ 2.00D    ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Memory Frequency 800............................[ 930      ]<o:p></o:p>
                  DRAM Timing Selectable..........................[ Manual   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CAS Latency Time................................[ 5        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRCD............................................[ 5        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRP.............................................[ 5        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRAS............................................[ 15       ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******Advanced Timing Control******<o:p></o:p>
                  tRRD............................................[ 3        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tWTR............................................[ 3        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tWR.............................................[ 6        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRFC............................................[ 52       ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRTP............................................[ 3        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Command Rate (cmd)..............................[ 2T       ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******Channel A Timing Settings******     <o:p></o:p>
                  Static tRead Value        [ 10 ] ...............[ 10        ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase0 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase1 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase2 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase3 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 6 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank)   [ 6 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 5 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 8 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  DDR Write [URL="http://forums.tweaktown.com/#"]Training[/URL]..............................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******Channel A Driving Settings****** <o:p></o:p>
                  Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******Channel B Timing Settings******     <o:p></o:p>
                  Static tRead Value        [ 10 ] ...............[ 10       ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase0 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase1 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase2 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD Phase3 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 6 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank)   [ 6 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 5 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 8 ] ................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  DDR Write Training..............................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******Channel B Driving Settings****** <o:p></o:p>
                  Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto     ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ******Motherboard Voltage Control******<o:p></o:p>
                  Load-Line Calibration...........................[ Enabled ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Vcore         [ 1.21250 ]...................[ 1.300   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Termination   [ 1.20    ]...................[ 1.300   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU PLL           [ 1.50    ]...................[ 1.500   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  CPU Reference     [ 0.760   ]...................[ 0.863   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  MCH Core          [ 1.100   ]...................[ 1.300   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  MCH Reference     [ 0.760   ]...................[ 0.863   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  MCH/DRAM Refernce [ 0.900   ]...................[ 0.960   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ICH I/O           [ 1.500   ]...................[ 1.500   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  ICH Core          [ 1.100   ]...................[ 1.100   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  DRAM Voltage      [ 1.800   ]...................[ 2.100   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  DRAM Termination  [ 0.900   ]...................[ 0.900   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Channel A Ref     [ 0.900   ]...................[ 0.900   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  Channel B Ref     [ 0.900   ]...................[ 0.900   ]<o:p></o:p>
                  <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> </pre>

Comment

Just finished a 25 hour run of Prime95 Blend 4.0ghz with all 8gb of ram
                    @DDR 942 I think I'll leave it there lol.
                    Ocz Gamextream 600w
                    CoolerMaster Stacker 830
                    Dynex 32" HDTV on HDMI
                    Vista Premium 64-bit

Comment

Code:

******Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)******
                      <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
                      Robust Graphics Booster.........................[ Auto ]
                      CPU Clock Ratio.................................[ 8 ]
                      Fine CPU Clock Ratio............................[ + 0.5 ]
                      CPU Frequency 4.0GHz............................[ 471 x 8.5 ]
                      ******Clock Chip Control******
                      CPU Host Clock Control..........................[ Enabled ]
                      CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)........................[ 471 ]
                      PCI Express Frequency (Mhz).....................[ 100 ]
                      C.I.A 2 [Disabled]
                      ******Advanced Clock Control******
                      CPU Clock Drive.................................[ 800mv ]
                      PCI Express Clock Drive.........................[ 900mv ]
                      CPU Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps ]
                      MCH Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps ]
                      ******DRAM Performance Control******
                      Performance Enhance.............................[ Turbo ]
                      (G) MCH Frequency Latch.........................[ 400MHz ]
                      System Memory Multipler.........................[ 2.00D ]
                      Memory Frequency 800............................[ 942 ]
                      DRAM Timing Selectable..........................[ Manual ]
                      CAS Latency Time................................[ 5 ]
                      tRCD............................................[ 5 ]
                      tRP.............................................[ 5 ]
                      tRAS............................................[ 15 ]
                      ******Advanced Timing Control******
                      tRRD............................................[ 3 ]
                      tWTR............................................[ 3 ]
                      tWR.............................................[ 6 ]
                      tRFC............................................[ 54 ]
                      tRTP............................................[ 3 ]
                      Command Rate (cmd)..............................[ auto ]
                      ******Channel A Timing Settings******
                      Static tRead Value [ 10 ] ...............[ 9 ]
                      tRD Phase0 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD Phase1 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD Phase2 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD Phase3 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank) [ 6 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank) [ 6 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank) [ 5 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 8 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto ]
                      Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto ]
                      DDR Write Training..............................[ Auto ]
                      ******Channel A Driving Settings******
                      Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto ]
                      Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto ]
                      cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto ]
                      ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto ]
                      clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto ]
                      Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto ]
                      cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto ]
                      ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto ]
                      clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto ]
                      ******Channel B Timing Settings******
                      Static tRead Value [ 10 ] ...............[ 9 ]
                      tRD Phase0 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD Phase1 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD Phase2 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD Phase3 Adjustment [ 0 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank) [ 6 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank) [ 6 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank) [ 5 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 8 ] ................[ Auto ]
                      Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto ]
                      Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto ]
                      DDR Write Training..............................[ Auto ]
                      ******Channel B Driving Settings******
                      Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto ]
                      Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto ]
                      cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto ]
                      ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto ]
                      clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto ]
                      Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto ]
                      cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto ]
                      ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto ]
                      clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto ]
                      ******Motherboard Voltage Control******
                      Load-Line Calibration...........................[ disabled ]
                      CPU Vcore [ 1.21250 ]...................[ 1.325 ]
                      CPU Termination [ 1.20 ]...................[ 1.30 ]
                      CPU PLL [ 1.50 ]...................[ 1.50 ]
                      CPU Reference [ 0.760 ]...................[ 0.863 ]
                      MCH Core [ 1.100 ]...................[ 1.36 ]
                      MCH Reference [ 0.760 ]...................[ 0.863 ]
                      MCH/DRAM Refernce [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.970 ]
                      ICH I/O [ 1.500 ]...................[ 1.500 ]
                      ICH Core [ 1.100 ]...................[ 1.100 ]
                      DRAM Voltage [ 1.800 ]...................[ 1.820 ]
                      DRAM Termination [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.960 ]
                      Channel A Ref [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.970 ]
                      Channel B Ref [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.970 ]
                      <!--[if !
                      Ocz Gamextream 600w
                      CoolerMaster Stacker 830
                      Dynex 32" HDTV on HDMI
                      Vista Premium 64-bit

Comment

edit
                        Last edited by Prospector; 02-02-2009, 07:15 PM.
                        Ocz Gamextream 600w
                        CoolerMaster Stacker 830
                        Dynex 32" HDTV on HDMI
                        Vista Premium 64-bit

Comment

How the hell are you getting 4GHz stable with 1.325 Vcore and 1.3 CPU Term?!

Here's where I'm at now:

LLC is enabled and as you can see CPU-Z reads voltage of 1.376 which is quite good, but my ET6 setting is 1.40

This is so far stable in Prime95 for the last 5 hours (I don't wanna run Intel Burn Test and fry the CPU, heard temps go insanely high)
                          I tried this as well:

4.0 GHz Stable (Small FFT 30 Mins/Large FFT 30 Mins)

470 FSB
                          CPU PLL: 1.5
                          CPU Term: 1.34
                          CPU VCore: 1.4375
                          MCH Core: 1.36

This passed 30 minutes of Small and Large FFT testm but failed blend after approximately 3 hours, I don't know what the error was, computer just shut itself down, when I woke up it was off.

I really wanna get 4GHz at 1.3X Vcore, I'm using the exact same Q9550 CPU (E0 Stepping), same board and I even have the same Heatsink as you...

Memory is 4GB (2X2GB) G.Skill DDR2-1066 PI Edition CL 5-5-5-15
                          Latch set to 400MHz
                          Multi is 2.00D
                          DRAM Voltage 2.100V
                          PCI-EX Hard set to 100MHz

Thoughs?

P.S.

I noticed that fitting this Heatsink made a little bend on my motherboard, not really major, but still a bent, can it hurt the performance? I didn't use a bracket but rather struggled with the push pins *sigh*....
                          Last edited by Zach_; 02-02-2009, 06:27 PM.
                          CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz (45x100 1.35V) ~ BIOS 10.5
                          Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
                          Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24
                          GPU: XFX Radeon 7950 Black Edition 3GB
                          Soundcard: Native Instruments Audio 8 DJ
                          HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Blue
                          Cooling: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
                          PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold
                          Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D

Gamepad: Microsoft XBOX360 Wireless Controller + Wireless Gaming Receiver
                          Wireless Set: Logitech Cordless Desktop LX710
                          Monitor: LG 42LE5300 42" Led FHDTV [1080p @ 60Hz]

Comment

I must have gotten a great chip lol.If I enable LLC I can set vcore to 1.268 in bios. You may have to fiddle with the reference percent for cpu and mch too.

edit: I hate the pushpins so I got a bolt on kit I think it helps lower temps.I replaced the stock fan with a Panaflo 120x38mm hi speed fan on a controller
                            Last edited by Prospector; 02-02-2009, 06:51 PM.
                            Ocz Gamextream 600w
                            CoolerMaster Stacker 830
                            Dynex 32" HDTV on HDMI
                            Vista Premium 64-bit

Comment

Hey Prospector,

It seems as though you found the gold. Congrats on your overclock.

Comment

Thanks now if I can just figure out this pic uploading thing I'd post some results lol.

By prospector
                                Last edited by Prospector; 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM.
                                Ocz Gamextream 600w
                                CoolerMaster Stacker 830
                                Dynex 32" HDTV on HDMI
                                Vista Premium 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                                X