Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for maximising FSB overclock on X48T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for maximising FSB overclock on X48T?

Having hopefully resolved the issues I was having with the bios settings auto-resetting (http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/x48t...gs-help-29380/), I am now working on maximising my overclock.

Currently the board seems to crap out at around 445 FSB with default voltages.

Does anyone have any handy tips on how I can push the FSB further? In particular, what is a safe threshold that I can increase the FSB and NB voltages to (especially given that the bios does not tell you what the default voltages are!!!)?

Re: Tips for maximising FSB overclock on X48T?

Although the X48 is an excellent board, the Quad Core chips seem to be FSB limited, compared to that of the Dual core*. You could always decrement you CPU multiplier to prove a point.

* For instance if you say check over at the Corsair forums, their memory is validated at high speeds with dual core cpu's and in the main the 8xxx series.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Working...
    X