Monitoring temperatures on MOB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring temperatures on MOB?

I know this a dumb question, but how do you guys monitor your processor, and graphics card temperature without going into the bios. I have Belarc advisor and everest home but they just seem to give you general information. I have my cpu fan temp control on auto; sure hope it works ok.
    Is there any kind of software that will monitor the temps and display them in one corner of my screen?

Re: Monitoring temperatures on MOB?

ET6(Easy Tune 6) has a built in HW monitor that shows CPU temp and one other wich I',m really not sure what its supposed to be.

Not sure what board you have or what processor?
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Thanks: I've got the Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 and Intel Q9550. I've got easy tune 5 pro but it still don't give me my graphics card temp; & I think it gives me the cpu temp but thats all I think.

Comment

I always use RivaTuner 2.xx(been using version 2.20 lately) for OC'ing my video cards, its a great program and also shows GPU temps.
        New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

I would get Speedfan plus an application named "Sidebar." Speedfan is a great for monitoring your motherboard (and video cards), but it's not pretty. The interface is restricted to showing only one item of info in the icon when minimized, or the whole thing as an application. Easytune is even more obtrusive; this big, ugly blob of something-or-other taking up 1/4 of your screen. Sidebar actually has plugins that hook into Speedfan and display the things you want to see, and NOT to display the stuff you don't. By default, it is contained in the "sidebar" but you can undock the Speedfan display from sidebar and run it in a corner of your desktop. Also, when displayed undocked, it is both semi-transparent and will let you "click through" the display. For instance, if it is covering the menu bar on an application, you can still select stuff from the menu bar simply by clicking on the menu bar as if the sidebar app wasn't in the way.

Sidebar has a whole bunch of cool stuff that I gutted because it was just clutter to me, but this one feature is what I use it for.

Bill
          Last edited by billko; 01-06-2009, 06:25 AM. Reason: edited to clean up pre-coffee fuzziness...

Comment

I use HWmonitor, Cpuz and Pcwizard - all from CPUID I gave up on Speedfan some time back as in my opinion it's too messy and by default reports too many Phantom values.
            GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Big +1 Neg for Speedfan from me as well!

I use Everest Ultimate and RealTemp myself

Comment

Working...
              X