EP35C DS3R shutdown problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP35C DS3R shutdown problem.

Problem solved, seems like there was a bios option enabled somwhere that caused that. I have problems with the an WD6400AAKS if I install the intel chipset and matrix storage drivers, and the only way to make it work properly is not to install those drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by zaone View Post
      Problem solved, seems like there was a bios option enabled somwhere that caused that. I have problems with the an WD6400AAKS if I install the intel chipset and matrix storage drivers, and the only way to make it work properly is not to install those drivers.
      Well like I said above, the Matrix drivers may conflict with an application you have - as some did for me (3dmark vantage specifically).

But The Chipset "Drivers" - are NOT Drivers as such. The Intel Chipset "Driver"/Inf simply shows the OS what exists Intel hardware wise and configures it for use.

You Could Create a WDC Diagnostics Bootable CD, or Seagate's SeaTools, or Hitachi Drive Fitness test Cd's - the latter work fine with the western digital drives and make sure all is working with the interface correctly.

You say your WD6400AAKS has problems, In what way?
      GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

the HD is ok, I had another WD6400AAKS before the one i had now and I had problems with hangs while using windows and i thought that the HD was bad but i sold it and bought another WD6400AAKS but a different firmware and the only problems were in the drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X