Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EX58 series's AHCI Mode Setting Problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EX58 series's AHCI Mode Setting Problem!

Originally posted by jplee4907 View Post
    I have one more question, I see when the board starts from AHCI mode, it reads from the top of the screen like "Intel SATA AHCI bios starting...."

I know when I install Vista, I installed the chipset from intel and GSATA driver. Is there way that I can find this Intel SATA bios to be reinstall?
    Not that i know of.

Though in windows i install the Intel Matrix driver so it overwrites the MS AHCI generic driver and also firstly the Chipset driver. I use the generic Vista driver for the Gsata though as I only use the IDE part of the Jmicron Controller.

Are you Definately Loading up the Optimised defaults after q-flashing the bios , SAVING and then rebooting before entering the bios again to set up your specifics?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Yes, I hit F10 after loading optimized default settings, and hit yes, and get out.

Comment

Hi VorlonUK

I really appreciate you for helping me out. It's been a quite ride. And, suddenly I happened to find cure!

I actually gave up. I was just tuning my Vista, on line updating. Doing so, i tried erase some of files installed. It didn't go right. My computer was stuck. I tried to reset it but it was looping, didn't even go thru first log screen. It was on and off by it self.
        At that time, I was really hitting bottom. Now, the board desn't even boot into Vista!

Then, for the last time, I tried to pull out my VGA card, and Clear CMOS differently. But shorting the jumper. You know there is a CMOS clear button. I kept using that. But this time I was going to use the jumper short.
        After that, the system came back as factory default. So, I gave it to try one more time by setting AHCI. Suddenly, it didn't stop, it went thru. Now, I have multibooting.
        Man, I'm not going to tweak with bios anymore. it's so scary. But I do hope Gigabyte improve this problems when I used EP35 or EP45 boards, AHCI never a problem except vdrop.

Anyway thanks for being with me and kept helping me.

JP

Comment

nice to hear that your problem solved...

yeah, it's a bit wired when you put SATA RAID/AHCI MODE into ENABLE, when you are trying to install the operation system.....

so my best idea is to put it disable while enabel sata port0-3 native mode enable when installing operation system

Comment

Glad you've got it working

What Bios version are you using now?, so others who look at this thread can get an idea as to what fixes the AHCI problem.
            GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

I believe I'm using the bios you posted on here, F4l or maybe F3...
              But important thing is when you just try to change bios setting to AHCI Enable and it hangs on "Verifying DMI Pool Data....," you need to Clear CMOS in Factory Default.

You should clear CMOS by the jumper setting on the motherboard, not by the CMOS Clr button on the back panel. This is the point.

I don't know why but GIGABYTE should look into this. Clearly to me, this is a bios bug.

Thanks....

Comment

Back again...

I just flashed with F4 which was posted on Gigabyte Support site, also, I received an email about this new official bios posting from "Sticky."

After that and AHCI enable setting from the bios, my system is back to hang at "Verifying DMI Pool Data....Update Successful."

I tried the one that worked before by CMOS Clearing from Mainboard not by the button on the back panel. It didn't work. So, I went back to F3 bios, the same.

This is really tire some. The MOBO like this should not give this kind of bug.

I guess this is the problem of gigbyte AHCI bios....

Comment

I assume you are using Q-Flash?

....and are you setting "Keep DMI Pool" to Disable? Before you flash proper.

Comment

yes, q-flash. But I didn't know if I can change the dmi pool setting. I will try now. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jplee4907 View Post
                      yes, q-flash. But I didn't know if I can change the dmi pool setting. I will try now. thanks.
                      I found very little info on that option, but decided to use it a while back. I've not had any problems. I know others do use it too (ie disable).

Comment

No luck...I did change the keep dmi pool...disable. But still the same.
                        I tried CMOS Clr from the board, but the same thing again...huh...this is getting really funny.

Comment

This board appears to have a hardware dual bios, there may be not only one clr cmos jumper/switch.

Comment

I guess this dual bios only works when one bios fails then the other takes over.
                            I don't know how manually I can switch one bios to another. Let's see..

Thanks , you've been very kind.
                            Hope you have a marry christmas!

Comment

Thanks

You won't be able to manually invoke a secondary bios, but I have read on here that there are options to clr the both bioses. Now if that is true for all dual bios motherboards (hardware type of bios), I'm not sure.

Comment

i think they should remove the ahci bios the intel ICH10R bios can do everything the achi bios can (even if you dont run raid!), there is no need for the ahci bios period many other manufactures already removed it (like dfi).

i think the ahci bios (from 2006) is old for one (is it open source or something?) its just a big problem waiting to happen , were almost in 2009 why is something from 2006 in this motherboard, standards have changed since then.

i would also like answers from gigabyte why this "AHCI" bios is installed, when the ICH10R has a better more updated one.

i dont have the problem you have, but mine is a very slooooow detect issue with it (then it just says drive is controlled by raid bios) its a waste of time., (it really depends on the drive some detect fast others really slow).

GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz (SLB9Y)
                                XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
                                Hardrives (2 seagate (2x500G) sata-II, 4 maxtor,2x200G raid 0 sata, 1 -300G(pata), 1-200G(pata))
                                OCZ SLI 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel OCZ2N800SR4GK
                                OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI

Comment

Working...
                                X