Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Will Be Out of Town For The Holidays (Until 12-23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Will Be Out of Town For The Holidays (Until 12-23)

I am out of town for the Holidays, I will return on 12-23-08.

I had Hoped everyone would see my signature, but I guess not. I Did mean to let everyone know this the other day and forgot to make this thread.

I hope until I get back you may find some help by looking up your board or CPU using the Search Feature, or just browse around. There is PLENTY of posts for every board with every type of memory imaginable already posted here.

I would also hope that some of our regular members will help out when they can as well.

Everyone needs some help sometime, always great to help out when you can.

Happy Holidays To All!!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-19-2008, 11:50 PM.

Re: I Will Be Out of Town For The Holidays (Until 12-23)

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I am out of town for the Holidays, I will return on 12-23-08.

I had Hoped everyone would see my signature, but I guess not. I Did mean to let everyone know this the other day and forgot to make this thread.

I hope until I get back you may find some help by looking up your board or CPU using the Search Feature, or just browse around. There is PLENTY of posts for every board with every type of memory imaginable already posted here.

I would also hope that some of our regular members will help out when they can as well.

Everyone needs some help sometime, always great to help out when you can.

Happy Holidays To All!!
    just my "usual" luck i guess! /smackhead

anyways we can all need hollidays once in a while so have a good one m8! /salutes
    Last edited by shadowrunner; 12-20-2008, 04:12 AM. Reason: a few spelling errors /blush

Comment

Forgot to sticky while I was out!

Sorry to everyone for my absence, I will return home on the 23'rd

Happy Holidays to All!!!

Comment

Sorry Guys, I wont be back home until Sunday night now....

The wife wanted to stay with her family a bit longer after we left my Family's.....

So I wont be back until then, gotta keep the wife happy or else

I will see you all Monday, and hopefully catch up with all your posts by Tuesday or Wednesday

Comment

Lol Yes you have to keep the wife happy. Hey LSD when you get a chance could you look at my thread on my dead or dying new X48 MB, I'll be going away for the week to see my wifes family far far away. lol thanks in advance
          Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
          Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
          Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
          Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
          Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
          G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
          2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
          Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
          2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
          Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
          Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
          ------------------------------------------------
          Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
          Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
          ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
          Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
          Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
          Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
          NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
          1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
          Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
          Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Finally! Made it home!!!

Sorry to all for not being around so long, but sometimes you just can't help it!

I would like to say to everyone that I am about 10 pages behind and I normally start at the back and work forward each day. This however is not going to work now as It would take a few days and people at the front would then be a few days behind still. Aside from that there is at least 10-20 posts each day I answer and I see users not ever return.... So that would also be a huge waste in posting as well.

So please for the next few days DO BUMP your thread so I can see who is still around needing help and who is not. Do keep in mind though for a bit I will be working from a few pages back, so many bumps may put you at the end of my working order as you would always be on page one last in my order of helping those who asked first. So you may see me move around a bit out of order, but I will get to everyone it will just take a few days. Sorry, but It's the only logical way to do things I guess.

Also, do keep in mind PM's do not help as I cannot help with settings in PM's due to char limits and that also does not help others who may use search later to look up what has already been posted.

Thanks to VorLonUK and everyone else who has tried to help users in my absence!! Most Appreciated
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-30-2008, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Welcome back! Hope you had a great, relaxing holidays!

I know you missed me

LOL. Again, welcome back.

Comment

Sorry man! I had to get a few hours of Personal Christmas Shopping in tonight, I will get several pages of threads answered this afternoon when I have more time to be here!

I am back now for sure though, you will see me very soon! I'll try to get to your post here in a second since you are around right now

*EDIT*
                D A M N Spammers
                Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-31-2008, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Lsdme,

I don't know if this is possible with the forum software, but could the Tweaktown Admins change the minimum search string to atleast 3 characters.

Whats's frustrating is that you can't search "X58", "P35" or "P45" etc and when you do, you then get the message that the search is "too long, or too short"! If you then try a different search criteria immediately (as you do) you are then chastised and made to wait for 20 seconds before you can perform another search.

I found this frustrating when trying to pool all the X58 posts together recently, as so many of them had covered very similiar topics. Instead i found myself trawling through the forum in a bid to help a new poster with his X58 question.

Sometimes if someone uses the full GB Model number that can be found ok, but we all shorten the numbers, often dropping the suffix, prefix or both. Plus as you know, sometimes just Generic help on a chipset series is all you want to search for, or all that is needed as i found with the X58. Although the GB X58 has a few+ models, as it's so new many of those potential issues overlap.

Maybe I'm missing something on the search (in my old-er age), but I do know other technical forums do remove the minimum search string limitation alltogether, as although you do get more returns to your search that aren't applicable, it's better than missing every valid return.
                  GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Ya, I would like that as well! I often use for example X58* or EX58*

I am not sure if that can be changed on this type of board, I know you can on the IPB based boards.

I will ask Mr.Tweak

/PM Sent

Comment

Working...
                    X