Clear All

• Overclock E8400 with Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P

My Specs is :
    -Intel Core2Duo E8400
    -GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P
    -A DATA 2GB 800MHZ
    -HIS HD4870
    -500GB SEAGATE 7200

I want to oc my pc to 4Ghz but when i set to 3.8ghz, my pc is blue screen..
    Im Using Windows 7 with Blue storm 500 watt psu.
    my bios setting is:
    All voltage : Auto
    Fsb : 422 x 9

Thanks

Re: Overclock E8400 with Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P

OMG why doesn't anyone bother to read the stickies?
    YOU CANNOT ACHIEVE A STABLE OVERCLOCK WITH ALL SETTINGS ON AUTO
    Your 500W PSU might not be able to handle your system, what graphics card do you use?
    Try setting your cpu voltage (vcore) to 1.325, MCH vcore to 1.2, CPU PLL to 1.5, CPU VTT to 1.24
    Do yourself a favor next time and read the stickies

Comment

Originally posted by pinoyboy24 View Post
      OMG why doesn't anyone bother to read the stickies?
      YOU CANNOT ACHIEVE A STABLE OVERCLOCK WITH ALL SETTINGS ON AUTO
      Your 500W PSU might not be able to handle your system, what graphics card do you use?
      Try setting your cpu voltage (vcore) to 1.325, MCH vcore to 1.2, CPU PLL to 1.5, CPU VTT to 1.24
      Do yourself a favor next time and read the stickies
      As another first-timer, I would love to read a sticky that covered the voltages - but where is it?

The only mention I can find of any of the voltages you mention is a table aimed at very slightly increasing vcore. It gives vcore figures for a P35 that may or may not be appropriate for a P45 (and are different from your advice). All other voltage discussion is of DRAM voltage, which you didn't mention. Am I missing a stickied discussion?

I entirely agree with you that the OP needs to read the stickies before doing anything else. But in my hours pouring over individual threads, I haven't yet found a good post that deals with general voltage advice. I very much would like to read a sticky that tells you what to try with voltages and why, but there are just bits and pieces here and there. (Just changing vcore to the level in the P35 sticky results in a "prime" error within 2 minutes for me on my EP45-DS3L). Is there a post somewhere that you recommend?

Comment

Because bios versions often change the default voltage of the CPU it would cause a nightmare in writing an article to cover all boards and all bios revisions.

However it seems that the 8xxx series don't always need much Voltage to make them perform well. Personally I would only increment the Vcore when the overclock insisted that i did.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

oh shoot let me rephrase that,
          that 965/p35 guide gives the basics on overclocking
          I'm still at school when i posted my first reply and this one, so I'm kinda distracted
          But yeah, that guide gives the basics on overclocking, i used SOME advice in it for overclocking my UD3P, but i also looked around some other forums for people with similar setups, which i successfully reached 4.275 ghz with e8500 STABLE for only my 2nd CPU overclock
          but then again, thats just me

Comment

and for the voltages, google for people with similar setups to yours and find their voltage settings, or start overclocking with your voltage higher and once you hit your goal, begin lowering the voltages one by one and also testing for stability each time, OR, use your current voltage, and raise the clock speeds little by little, stressing each time for stability, and when it gives out, up the voltage a notch, rinse and repeat

Comment

Working...
            X