Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P45-DS4 sata issues

hi peeps sry for popping by with "nub" questions :

my MB cant detect any sata devices at all.i was installing some windows updates+nero 9 same time and pc needed to reboot,so i did and heard the "usual" bios delay when it "resets?updates?" same as when i am clearing cmos sound!.after this the pc rebooted but i got "bootmgr" error after it hangs for 5mins at start-up(where the bios is locating ide/sata drives i think?)after 5mins or so it tries to boot from cd/dvd from bootcd because it cant locate any sata drives?
    i tried most "tips" from forums already with boot cd repair tool with no luck!..
    if i remove sata hd from port my pc boots like usual!..
    i am atm running the "sata issued" pc with no hassles running on ide hd+ide dvd..i tried to connect the sata hd in all sata ports and gets same "freeze/hang" at bios stage in bootup!..i even tried to connect the sata hd to the hot swap ports in the back but got same issues!

its like my bios had "forgot" sata ports?or is my one week old seagate barracuda 11 sata2 fried?

i am running vista ultimate

and again BIG sry for the nub questions,but i dont know what to do with this problem guys,and worked on this issue for 2-3days without much sleep /blush (i am "usually" not this dumb i promise :P)

Regards SR!

Re: P45-DS4 sata issues

Your SATA drive should appear in the POST bios list and the bios Proper on the Standard setup bios page, IF your Bios is set to Legacy/Native But AHCI/RAID are disabled.

Alternatively go into the bios and Load up the optimized defaults on the Main Bios Entry Screen, Save and reboot. Enter the bios again and if the Drive is not shown, then there is a problem with the board communicating with the drive, rather than something specifically to do with an OS such as windows.

Ideally try another SATA port, another SATA cable etc, if the drive is still not detected.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
      Your SATA drive should appear in the POST bios list and the bios Proper on the Standard setup bios page, IF your Bios is set to Legacy/Native But AHCI/RAID are disabled.

Alternatively go into the bios and Load up the optimized defaults on the Main Bios Entry Screen, Save and reboot. Enter the bios again and if the Drive is not shown, then there is a problem with the board communicating with the drive, rather than something specifically to do with an OS such as windows.

Ideally try another SATA port, another SATA cable etc, if the drive is still not detected.

Comment

Try doing this:-

1) Disable AHCI & RAID in the bios for all controllers.
        2) Download SeaTools for Dos which is an ISO image that needs to be burnt to a CD
        Seagate Technology - SeaTools
        3) Make your CD/DVD the first boot item, save and reboot the PC with the Disc in your cd/dvd drive.

Obviously this will only work if you can boot from your cd/dvd drive - and I can't remember if you said that was working.

Have you loaded up the bios defaults too?
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Try doing this:-

1) Disable AHCI & RAID in the bios for all controllers.
          2) Download SeaTools for Dos which is an ISO image that needs to be burnt to a CD
          Seagate Technology - SeaTools
          3) Make your CD/DVD the first boot item, save and reboot the PC with the Disc in your cd/dvd drive.

Obviously this will only work if you can boot from your cd/dvd drive - and I can't remember if you said that was working.

Have you loaded up the bios defaults too?
          thx to this post i DL the seagate tool and found out that my hd was screwed and not the Motherboard!i have now got an replacement hd and everything is running "sweet as candy"

thx for great help VorlonUK /bows and salutes

ps Merry xmas and Happy newyear every1!

Comment

Glad you got it sorted

Comment

Glad you got it sorted
              no i am just glad peeps like you around,when LSD is out on a TRIP and cant answer posts!!!

Comment

Working...
              X