Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte EP35-DS3 motherboard and Intel Q9550 help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte EP35-DS3 motherboard and Intel Q9550 help.

Just wanted to share this with others... I've got myQ9550 running at 3.6Ghz CPU and memory at 1020Mhz stable now with these settings. Hope it help some else. :)
    And if someone has anything else to say or see something in my settings that i might change so my PC can run even faster etc ...please let me know! :)

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [ Fast]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [425]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.40 ]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________44
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] << Always Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.400V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [0,2]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [0,3]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1,412V] ~3.760 in Windows maybe a bit high....might try to lower it and see if it still runs ok.

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

My ram is now OCZ Reaper HPC PC8500 2x2gb.
    Last edited by DevilsOwn; 02-14-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Looks good! You could try to lower (G)MCH though, I think it will work with less. If your temps are OK then the VCore is fine for 24/7 use, but lower is always better of course^^

Comment

Thanx!
        Ok...I'll give it a try.
        My temp on CPU is around 40-45 in Idle and around 60-65 in load. That's not so bad isn't It?
        BTW I could not lower VCore at all when I did that the PC got unstable. :(

Comment

Temps are OK but you may need to get a better cooler in summer.
          Don't worry about the VCore, it's not too high and if decreasing it causes instability then you've found just the right level!

Comment

not the same mbrd I know but in general it seems non extreme quads get a little flaky 2-5 degree jumps on air,once you get above 3.6 ghz.
            I run fine on 3.5ghz.Timings are on the linked screenie(3.43 ghz for safety/24/7 running).
            With your memory you should be able to run 3.6 cpu stable assuming your cpu cooler is good.
            Once again take advice carefully unless the poster has a system v close to yours or is a moderator.

Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
            Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
            Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
            8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
            60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
            GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
            Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
            http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

I don't know what your problem is kick but could you please stop trying to discredit me in every other thread?

I know P35 pretty well as I've had 3 Gigabyte P35 boards as well as one X38 DQ6, one P45 DS3L and one Asus P5Q-E. I hope that qualifies me to answer in this thread in your opinion /facepalm

Comment

Hmm...ok...well It is now running stable at 3.61ghz ...kick... so I'm kinda happy ;) At the settings i posted last time.
                And I have a Artic cooling freezer xtreme CPU-fan.
                Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME CPU Cooler :: TweakTown
                And an Antec Ninehundred computercase.
                Should do the job...right?

Thanx for every input guys!

Comment

Just wanted to update u guys!
                  I have now lowered my (G)MCH OverVoltage Control to 0.2 and my computer is still stable and running fine!

Thanx again all for your help and hope this will help some other ppl that has same motherboard and CPU as I have! :)

Comment

Cooler is good, I bought one as well to try it out since it's quite cheap. I just think that the installation method is really bad, whoever decided to use those tiny screws should be punished. Severely! ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X