Sound card IRQ problems(X-fi)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound card IRQ problems(X-fi)

Hello, I have gigabyte's GA-EX58UD5 board and a soundblaster X-fi Xtreme Fatality that won't cooperate in no way. As I figured out it has to be an IRQ conflict problem. I tried to change the PCI slot(not really a great option) but it didn't help. I tried to disable controllers and stuff that I wouldn't use such as some sata controllers one of the lan ports and of course the onboard soundcard. None of them helped. The thing is that when installed for the first time it worked just perfect. But after a reboot both Vista and Ubuntu couldn't recognize it anymore. Particularly Vista showed that a new hardware was found(a sound controller) but couldn't install it, and ubuntu at first made some scary scratchy sounds and then in its sound configuration it showed no creative sound card(the first time it even had found the right drivers and they worked). So concluding I think that it must be the inability of the x-fi to take an IRQ and stay with it. After searching ways to manually assign an IRQ, I found that in Windows it can only be done by disabling the ACPI function through bios. If you are still with me :-), knowing that it's impossible to disable ACPI on this board, my question is general: Do you have any other ideas of what else should i try??? My bios version is F3. Will F4 fix that? Thanks for you patience

Re: Sound card IRQ problems(X-fi)

Welcome to my problem..

I have the same issue with the latest Bios. I am thinking about sending my board back. I am going to get intouch with newegg today and tell them gigabyte refuse to return emails or anything. This is BS they was happy in informing me that the board will support 6 1.9v dimms but when it doesn't they aint happy to solve that or any other issues I have encountered. I think throwing 1,200 in money for ram alone is enough.

Comment

Today i received the reply from Gigabyte's Tech forum. The truth is that they weren't really helpful. So I'm here with the remaining problem waiting for miracle to fix it :(

Comment

I had this issue with my old DFI board and X-FI extreme music, but changing PCI slots and reassigning the IRQ's fix'd it, but that was on XP.

I highly doubt its a board issue, these cards have been a PITA since they came out, this issue and driver issues.
        Last edited by SpeedEuphoria; 12-17-2008, 11:50 AM.
        New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Have you set up your hard drives in Native Mode, so that Vista fully takes care of the IRQ's? Also Disable serial port/s (Not USB/SATA) in the bios too.

Try to install only the Creative Driver and nothing else (in the Creative "Bundle"). Also try different drivers.
          Fortunately I've not used a Creative card on Vista, opting for the Xonar route. But i do know how their drivers can be, as I've had a number of their cards over the years, including the AWE32.

Edit:-
          Are you using Vista SP1 too?
          GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Same problem here :o but its happening in any OS i install and believe me i installed every one there is out there :p i have a X58-UD4 Any solutions?

Comment

I got rid of the motherboard. Gigabyte was no use either. I bought a Asus rampage and now it works great

Comment

I had this issue some time back when I had a P35 DS3 board, if the sound card was in one specific slot the system wouldn't boot, fiddling with the IRQ settings in BIOS resolved it though I think.
                Also, a newer BIOS fixed it completely later on and I did not have to change anything in the BIOS anymore.

Comment

I removed x-fi from my system untill a bios solution is found. I don't remember if i have checked the results of all options VorLoUK mentions but as I see it, it will only be solved if gigabyte decides it through a bios update(Giving for example an option for manual IRQ configuration).

Comment

I don't have an X58 board, but isn't there an option for manual IRQ assignment in the PnP/PCI Configurations menu?

Comment

I think there isn't. At least I, couldn't find any :(

Comment

Hey guys, any news about my problem? I've upgraded BIOS to F7 version. And still it doesn't work.

Comment

I have the ex58-ud5 board and creative x-fi extreem gamer and it worked great when i first got this system going .

did a reinstall of vista 64 bit sp1 and now my sound card is working for speekers ok ,but is having problems with creative drivers and does not detect my mic on my headset.

ive tried everything i can think of to fix it but no luck.

Comment

Himan83gr,

are you using a digital tv with hdmi capability?

Comment

here is my settup:
                              I have two pcs running on the same monitor with a kvm switch.
                              my hp pavilian is running the built in speakers in the monitor and is working great.
                              my new build is running 2.1 speekers and this notorious creative sound card with the problems,now when i plug my headset into the front panel connectors i get load bumps of feedback somtimes.

my monitor is a hp 24" flat-panel,1920x1200 resolution,vga and hdmi inputs.

my sound worked fine when i first got this new build together,problems started after reload of windows.

i finally got my voice chat to work on call of duty world at war by downloading teamspeak before i did not need team speak to talk to people while playing the game online (i think).

the sound card does not reconize when i plug in my headset in and i have it set to reconize when i plug this in.

i also set it to mute 2.1 speakers when headset is pluged in and it does not do that either.

any help would be great

o another thing,i have tryed not loading the onboard sound on the ud5 motherboard and only loading the creative sound card drivers and no luck their either.

Comment

Working...
                              X