Ud3p + e8400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ud3p + e8400

Ahh ok, well stock Vtt is not going to work very far with overclocking, so add some for sure.

@ pilkarz, Auto is just not going to work for 2x2GB. Try at least these changes, with one stick of ram in only set these settings in the BIOS save and shut down and put in your other stick in dual channel. Set Performance enhance to standard, Set MCH voltage to 1.24-1.28, set your ram voltage to what you see on the sticker (normally 2.0-2.1), set trfc to 68 for now, make sure Static tRead on Both channels is at least 7-8(if CPU is at stock, 10 otherwise)

That should get your going. If you need more help post back and I can give you full set of settings if you cannot find any around the site. Should be some for you in this thread if you do have the same setup as the SpeedEuphoria. Once you make those changes noted above you should be able to boot, if not let me know and I will give you a full set of loose settings so you can get going

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Ahh ok, well stock Vtt is not going to work very far with overclocking, so add some for sure.

@ pilkarz, Auto is just not going to work for 2x2GB. Try at least these changes, with one stick of ram in only set these settings in the BIOS save and shut down and put in your other stick in dual channel. Set Performance enhance to standard, Set MCH voltage to 1.24-1.28, set your ram voltage to what you see on the sticker (normally 2.0-2.1), set trfc to 68 for now, make sure Static tRead on Both channels is at least 7-8(if CPU is at stock, 10 otherwise)

That should get your going. If you need more help post back and I can give you full set of settings if you cannot find any around the site. Should be some for you in this thread if you do have the same setup as the SpeedEuphoria. Once you make those changes noted above you should be able to boot, if not let me know and I will give you a full set of loose settings so you can get going
      ok just tried the exact settings in the first post (except keeping the latch and multipliers to keep 3GHz/1066), in both slots, and with MCH upped to 1.28 also. i'm at a loss here. updated to f5 bios.

possibly dumb question, would i have to up the memory multiplier to get it to 1333?
      Last edited by pilkarz; 12-16-2008, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Your using the correct memory slots right? Should be yellow, or if that doesnt work , try red slots

By dual channel do you mean that you can only use 1 stick, or that it says its single channel?

What I would do is use 1 stick in the 1st slot(yellow), boot up and set the Dram V to 2.06, set the MCH to 1.28, set the mem timings to auto and "standard", set the mem frequency to 800 wich would be the 333 latch and 2.40B I think?

Then reboot just to make sure that 1 stick works. Shut it down, add the other stick in the other yellow slot. Try to boot, if it doesnt boot, turn off power, take out both sticks and switch the positions and try to boot again. If it does the beep-beep-beep thing when you 1st tried both sticks, then just take the 2nd stick out and go back in to bios and set those things again. Then turn off, switch the sticks position and try it. If that doesnt work, do the same thing w/ the Red slots and switch the order of the sticks(yes this can make the difference). In my last build I could OC the ram farther when a certain stick was in the 1st slot. On this rig, if I start off defaults it will not boot w/ 2 sticks if I switch the order, only when I make the changes I posted about can i boot with 2 sticks, so I leave the order as they are b/c it is a pain to have to remove memory if I push to far and it wont boot.

If that doesnt work, try just the 1 stick, which would be the one in the 1st slot now.

See if that works. If so, then you can try to loosen the timings, add more MCH(1.34) and Dram V(2.1v) and try both sticks again.

If that does not work, then 1 stick is likely bad, best thing to do would be to just use 1 stick and run memtest. I have allways had best(fastest) results with looping test 5 or test 7. I would run it for 8hrs if you can. Then do the same with the other stick.
        Last edited by SpeedEuphoria; 12-19-2008, 10:26 PM.
        New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedEuphoria View Post
          Your using the correct memory slots right? Should be yellow, or if that doesnt work , try red slots

By dual channel do you mean that you can only use 1 stick, or that it says its single channel?

What I would do is use 1 stick in the 1st slot(yellow), boot up and set the Dram V to 2.06, set the MCH to 1.28, set the mem timings to auto and "standard", set the mem frequency to 800 wich would be the 333 latch and 2.40B I think?

Then reboot just to make sure that 1 stick works. Shut it down, add the other stick in the other yellow slot. Try to boot, if it doesnt boot, turn off power, take out both sticks and switch the positions and try to boot again. If it does the beep-beep-beep thing when you 1st tried both sticks, then just take the 2nd stick out and go back in to bios and set those things again. Then turn off, switch the sticks position and try it. If that doesnt work, do the same thing w/ the Red slots and switch the order of the sticks(yes this can make the difference). In my last build I could OC the ram farther when a certain stick was in the 1st slot. On this rig, if I start off defaults it will not boot w/ 2 sticks if I switch the order, only when I make the changes I posted about can i boot with 2 sticks, so I leave the order as they are b/c it is a pain to have to remove memory if I push to far and it wont boot.

If that doesnt work, try just the 1 stick, which would be the one in the 1st slot now.

See if that works. If so, then you can try to loosen the timings, add more MCH(1.34) and Dram V(2.1v) and try both sticks again.

If that does not work, then 1 stick is likely bad, best thing to do would be to just use 1 stick and run memtest. I have allways had best(fastest) results with looping test 5 or test 7. I would run it for 8hrs if you can. Then do the same with the other stick. You should be
          ok so the ram runs in dual channel with the sticks at 800MHz but this makes me think that i wasted money on 1066... or is this just going to take a lot of tweaking?

edit: thanks for the help btw!

Comment

Working...
          X