Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte Face Wizard

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh I see that the problem is! Your BIOS files are only 512KB, that program is made to work with the 1MB BIOS files of the newer boards.

So that program will never work for you!

Hold up a sec and I will see what I can make for you with something else.
    That explains it, I'm not nuts. I'm crazy but not nuts. Thats good to know. I can proably make a pretty sharp image if if it will take 50KB it might repeat on the screen but I can live with that.

Comment

Just Hacking Now.

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Ahh I see that the problem is! Your BIOS files are only 512KB, that program is made to work with the 1MB BIOS files of the newer boards.

So that program will never work for you!

Hold up a sec and I will see what I can make for you with something else.

AwardHack, Cbrom, modbin, and a few other DOS based utilities aside from the one you mentioned as well.

I just opened your BIOS and it does not have a fullscreen image, so the only thing you would be able to change is the EPA logo anyway
      I just flashed my BIOS to the new version so I got rid of the splash. According to cbrom6 I have 16kb of compressed compressed code space free if I'm reading that correctly as open memory. If I had saved my old BIOS first could I have seen how much space the splash logo was taking up, location, etc and then used a tool like this to replace that crap image I loaded with Face Wizard to something better?

Comment

Aside from the size, I just dont think that program is made to work with those BIOS files from 512 BIOS chip boards

Comment

Thanks

Well I think we can call this done. Its after 3am I have to be at work in 4 hours and I'm tired as hell. At least flashing the bios gets rid of that crappy little image that Face Wizard would load.

Thank you for all your help. At least I KNOW now what is going on. Knowing is half the battle... GI Joe... ok must sleep
          Last edited by Tech-Geek.net; 12-09-2008, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Sorry I could not be of real help, and that it took me a while to realize this as well!

At least your board survived, BIOS surgery is not for the faint of heart! So if you are up to it, it can be done with the above mentioned apps just read up on how they work if you feel like risking it

Good luck, and get ya some sleep

Comment

Hi All,

I got almost similar problem with my GA MA790X-DS4, flashed the BIOS with no problem but the POST screen remain unchanged. Anybody know whats wrong? please help..

Thanks
              R27

Comment

Do you have full screen logo enabled in the advanced page of the BIOS? I mean did you see a full image before?

Comment

Have checked, but could not find that option in the advance bios setting or anywhere else.
                  Did it mean that it not supported by this board?
                  Note: I have flashed the bios with most recent version (F6a) before run the facewizard

Thanks
                  R27

Comment

Well did you flash it again after you used the face wizard? I actually dont recommend using face wizard for the flash, I recommend to use the program to make the modded BIOS then save it and flash with Qflash.

I think your board is supported otherwise the FaceWizard would have not let you add the image.

Actually just looked at your Manual and it says 2x4Mbit BIOS and Face Wizard may only work for 2x8Mbit BIOS files, so you should have gotten a error when adding the image to the BIOS file. I am not sure though, as no mention of what boards it works with on the download page?

You do have the latest Version correct? It is B8.0908.1 >>>
                    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

What exact steps did you do to make and then flash with the modded BIOS?

They should be like this >>>
                    1. Start Face Wizard
                    2. Select BIOS (Either from Onboard or File)
                    3. Load Modified Image
                    4. Save BIOS file to Hard Drive using the SAVE Button
                    5. Put modified BIOS file on USB Stick, Fat32 Partition, or Floppy
                    6. Reboot and Enter Qflash
                    7. Flash BIOS (W/ Keep DMI Data Disabled)
                    8. Reboot BACK to the BIOS and Load Optimized Defaults and Set your Ram Voltage only
                    9. Save/Apply/Reboot BACK to the BIOS
                    10. Set all your BIOS options and settings over again, do not forget your SATA/Disk settings

Comment

Working...
                    X