Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Face Wizard

Well I'm having a heck of a nite:

I have a Gigabyte M61PME-S2 Motherboard and I want to use face wizard. I tried a lot of different images to flash the board with and received a message saying:

Error
    not enough space

In desperation I made a image that was 37kb 333x225 in mspaint and saved it as a 16 color bitmap image. Face Wizard took it with no errors about space and when I clicked on Auto it worked perfectly. The image is dog ugly though. I went back and made a better image as a PNG then using MSPaint saved it as 16 color. I got the image to 37kb but I get the same error:

Error
    not enough space

This is very frustrating and I've been at it for at least 5 hours now. Anyone have any advice besides advil?

I've tried larger and smaller images. Down to 27kb and up to 301kb nothing will work it seems except scribles and text made in MS Paint but when I save PNG images in MSPaint shouldn't they become the same as a file made in MSPaint at least to the computer?

Thank You

Re: Gigabyte Face Wizard

Post me your image you want made into a FaceWizard file and I will make the image for you.

Please do use Qflash to flash the file with though and not the FaceWizard program or @BIOS!!! >>>

Comment

Hi. Thank you very much for all that info.

Here is the picture:

I'll read that guide tonite but a cursory glance didn't show how to set the image I want as the boot splash image. I may have missed it and apologize if I did. If not if you could direct me to a resource or write another awesome guide that would be very appreciated by many people.
      Last edited by Tech-Geek.net; 12-09-2008, 01:47 AM. Reason: Suck at spelling

Comment

Ya, that guide was only for how to safely flash... By using Qflash, I do not recomment any other method is why I posted that link for you.

I will make you a working image, one sec

Comment

Here ya go, 256bit BMP 301KB 640x480 >>>

Tested and working >>>

Comment

I think the coffee is making me go crazy.

I saved the image but it saved as a JPG. I assume it was somthing tinypic did. I tried to renamed it to bmp and its viewable to MSPAINT but not to FaceWizard.

I tired to open it in MSPaint and then save it as a 256bit bmp but I get the error:

<em>Space is not enough</em>

Let me know I'm not goin crazy :-)

One More Thing

The way I'm using Face Wizard is as Follows.

1.)Launch Face Wizard
            2.)Under <em>Selection BIOS</EM> clicking on <em>On Board</em>
            3.)Wait for it to read BIOS
            4.)Click on <em>Load Image</em> then browsing to image (Stored in C:\ Drive) then clicking on OK
            5.)Error comes up, pull out hair. Repeat Step 4.
            Last edited by Tech-Geek.net; 12-09-2008, 02:08 AM. Reason: More Info

Comment

Do not save as a JPG, why did you think you had to do that?

It is ready as is to be used in FaceWizard! That is why I noted that it was 256bit 301KB BMP

Ya, maybe too much coffee!

Here it is in a Zip file to make your life easier >>>
              Face Wizard Ready Image.zip

Just unzip and load this image directly into face wizard.

You do not have to open this in Paint or any other app, it is ready to use!!!

So is the above image if you save as BMP, but you might as well grab the one I Uploaded here

Comment

If you are still having issues, please give tell me which BIOS version you are using and what Revision your board is and I will just make the BIOS file and post it here for you to flash with

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Do not save as a JPG, why did you think you had to do that?

It is ready as is to be used in FaceWizard! That is why I noted that it was 256bit 301KB BMP

Ya, maybe too much coffee!

Here it is in a Zip file to make your life easier >>>
                  Face Wizard Ready Image.zip

Just unzip and load this image directly into face wizard.

You do not have to open this in Paint or any other app, it is ready to use!!!

So is the above image if you save as BMP, but you might as well grab the one I Uploaded here
                  I noticed but when I right clicked in Firefox and Saved as it defaulted to JPG. I think TinyPic could have converted it to jpg.

I did take this download though, extract it in pristine condition to my flash drive to the correct computer and still no dice. Same problem no room error.
                  Last edited by Tech-Geek.net; 12-09-2008, 02:24 AM. Reason: sleepy

Comment

Hmm, I do see you are correct about Tinypic! Sorry about that, I didnt notice!

What BIOS Version do you have installed and what Rev is your board and I will make you a BIOS file with the image in it and you can just Qflash it in there

I see only version 2.0 boards. So just let me know your BIOS you are using and I will make you a BIOS. You can check with CPU-z in the Mainboard Tab >>>
                    CPU-Z for Windows® x86/x64 is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system : Processor name and number, codename, process, package, cache levels. Mainboard and chipset. Memory type, size, timings, and module specifications (SPD). Real time measurement of each core's internal frequency, memory frequency. CPU-Z is fully supported on Windows® 11. The CPU-Z‘s detection engine is now available for customized use through the CPUID System Information Development Kit, a professional SDK built for the Microsoft Windows & Android.

Looks like F2 is the newest NON Beta for your board >>

Maybe you need something installed that is making the program not work, do you have all .Net framework and windows updates installed?
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-09-2008, 02:27 AM.

Comment

I'm updating to the latest BIOS right now f3f. My board revision is 2.0

Comment

OK, I will make you a BIOS file now and you can use that if you like.. One sec

Comment

All updates are installed. Its a clean install of windows, but I'll double check from the .Net Framework.

Also the latest I see is this on Gigabytes site

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-M61PME-S2 (rev. 2.0)

Let me know if I got the wrong one.

Thanks
                          Last edited by Tech-Geek.net; 12-09-2008, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Silly Question.

What software are you using to unpack/repack the BIOS to add images etc. The only one I can find is on awdbedit on Source Forge.

Comment

Ahh I see that the problem is! Your BIOS files are only 512KB, that program is made to work with the 1MB BIOS files of the newer boards.

So that program will never work for you!

Hold up a sec and I will see what I can make for you with something else.

AwdHack, Cbrom, modbin, and a few other DOS based utilities aside from the one you mentioned as well.

I just opened your BIOS and it does not have a fullscreen image, so the only thing you would be able to change is the EPA logo anyway

*EDIT*

Found it, it is in the MCP61-02.ROM file, but I would not feel comfortable modding that for you.

I would advise you get the above mentioned apps and try that way. Cbrom and awdhack would be the way to do it

A dead board is not worth all this trouble, I can tell you that!
                              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-09-2008, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X