Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-UD3P won't boot an OS

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes you should set driving strength profiles. Test each with a memory benchmark that works for you to see which is best.

When I said the MCH Auto, I meant MCH Freq. Latch

Hmm, well let me know what you want to try to overclock to and I will advise again, ya I think I did give you some suggestions for stock with overclocking not in mind
    The MCH Freq latch is already on Auto. The memory speed is showing 900mhz. If it's better to be lower than 1066mhz thats ok with me, I just thought it should be 1066 because thats what the processor runs at.

I want to overclock whatever I can for games, I don't think the video card can be though because it already comes overclocked. I guess the memory and processor, pci etc.. I don't want to spend hours tweaking, just basic overclocking. Right now the processor is at 2.7ghz and goes to 38 degrees under max load, the system temp is always 36 degrees. I'd like to get at least 3ghz if it's not too hot. Right now I have the memory at the slow speeds you suggested to get it to work.

Comment

(G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto] -- try 333
      System Memory Multiplier ..............: 3.00A --- try 2.4b or 3.0b .. that should get you 1066
      tRFC...........................................48 -- loosing it up to 52-62

Comment

Your CPU Stock FSB doesnt have much to do with your ram speed. Your CPU is actually 266 FSB x 4 = 1066

And so yes, as said abvoe you have to raise your memory multiplier or CPU FSB to get 1066 ram speed

I would use 333 CPU FSB and 3.20B for your ram multiplier to get 1066Mhz ram speed and 3.0Ghz CPU. Voltages will need manually set for sure, Termination, PLL and Vcore

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Voltages will need manually set for sure, Termination, PLL and Vcore
          How much do I raise them?

Comment

That all depends on your CPU. Please read the overclocking guide for tips on how to go about overclocking. it is not for your board I know, but it does teach you about how to overclock >>>

Set PLL to stock value or less. And keep Vtt under Vcore, just raise your FSB until it fails then you know you need to add some Vcore until it boots. And add a little Vtt as you increase your vcore

Comment

Working...
            X