Voltage bug in Gigabyte bioses, F10-F12E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage bug in Gigabyte bioses, F10-F12E

Please not that voltages was check after all settings was made and I was done overclocking, this problem arise afterwords.

I was just done with some overclocking testing. All settings where set and worked fine. When I noticed that the memory voltage had change. I checked my settings in bios, it was still set to +3v but instead of giving me ~2.10v as it did before, it now gave me ~2.20v...bug right? So I changed to +2v I save and reboot. Well inside in Windows Everest now shows 2.10v ok fine it works who cares the let the bug be right? BUT after about 10min the voltage had change to 2.05v!!! So now I have to reboot and change to +3v AGAIN! wtf?

Janus, care to comment?
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 11-22-2008, 10:04 AM.

Re: Voltage bug in Gigabyte bioses, F10-F12E

I've gone back to the F11 release (now not on their website) as the Auto Vcore Voltages were way too high after setting to the smallest overclock.

I have tested the F11 bios for sometime and found some of the Increment thresholds (when overclocking) for Vcore and DDR. These were fairly linear and what you would expect.
    Also in F11 my Nominal Vcore is shown as 1.15000Volts. Everest/Realtemp show 1.15000 to 1.22500 VID which the latter is the Max figure written on my Intel retail box.

However the F12e, is odd!
    All voltages seem ok at Stock (default). Increment say FSB from 333(1333) to 336 and Vcore (shown on Pchealth screen) will jump from 1.20 volts to 1.30volts. This can then be confirmed with Cpuz in windows as being that high. (I find that Cpuz closely matches the PChealth screen readout)
    F12e also shows my Nominal Vcore (bottom of MIT Screen) as 1.22500 volts aka my Max VID.

So it seems to me, it takes the wrong VID/Vcore figure as a base default figure and when it increments values when on Auto, every subsequent increment is too high.

I've also found my CPU is quite happy to overclock to 3.0Ghz with the F11 bios with voltage shown in Cpuz (and the Pc health screen) as 1.184volts. The F12e will push this to an uneccessary 1.3volts for 3.0Ghz.

I know it's still a beta, but they should have left F11 up and not tried to roll F11 and F12a,b all into F12e.
    Imo F11 is the best bios for all but the very latest chips, which need the newest beta bios to be fully supported.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Re: Voltage bug in Gigabyte bioses, F10-F12E

Ok, then it's affirmative there are voltage bugs to say the least. Keep in mind its not only in this latest beta. It's nice to hear that somebody els have notice this! I can't run anything over 1000Mhz...I bet this is a bug too!
      Last edited by Blackkatt; 11-22-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X