Bios settings for 2IDE hd's and 1 sata dvd-rw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios settings for 2IDE hd's and 1 sata dvd-rw

New problem. on a ga-ep45-ud3p,I have 2 IDE hdd's and 1 sata dvd-rw (asus).Problem is I went to burn ISO image of memtest. Nero 8 says burn was successful and places an icon on my desk top but nothing on the cd-r.
    I have the dvd-rw plugged into one of the purple gsata ports,I'm thinking I need to plug it into one of the yellow ports and make changes in bios. although I did use the drive in its current config to load nero 8 and it plays games fine. Am I missing something here? I am running XP sp3.

Re: Bios settings for 2IDE hd's and 1 sata dvd-rw

I can't remember what nero 8 says, but the ISO file needs to be burnt as an Image, Not as Data files on the Cdr.
    Not sure what you mean about Icon on your desktop after the burn.

1) Burn the memtest ISO image to CDR (you'll know you've got the right option in Nero as it will only allow certain file extensions to be burnt, ie iso, nrg etc) unless you circumvent that and check "All file types" that is. I think it's not under the normal options and you want the task heading "Burn Image".

2) Make sure your CD/DVD drive is the first bootable drive in the boot options in your bios - usually it isn't.

3) Start up the PC, or Restart from windows etc with the Memtest disc in your drive. It works in a Dos type of enviroment and is Not run in windows.

4) Memtest will start on it's own without any intervention from yourself. There are extra options within the program you can use once you get used to it. Press Esc key to exit.

The Purple sata ports are controlled by the GB sata controller, aka normally a Jmicron JMB363 (1xIde 2xSata).
    I know Windows Vista has a generic driver built in for this and probably XP too. There is a specific Jmicron driver if you require it (From JMicron and Gigabyte).

However the Yellow Ports on my board (ICH9R) happily support an Optiarc Sata DVDrw drive, even in AHCI mode.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-21-2008, 06:43 PM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Re: Bios settings for 2IDE hd's and 1 sata dvd-rw

Let me know if you still need help with this and or your BIOS settings

Comment

Working...
      X