2 dumb questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 dumb questions...

Probably doesn't matter, 'cause I can likely reassign inside the OS, but if I plug a pair of IDE DVD's into the IDE port, and one SATA into GSATA_A, who gets apportioned the first drive letter?

Found three sixteen digit hex numbers/bar codes on stickers atop my LAN ports - are these my MAC addresses? If so, why three of 'em? Have something to do with teaming (about which I know, so far - nothing)?

Thanks guys; got her in the box, fans cabled; getting itchy...

Re: 2 dumb questions...

Originally posted by bilbat View Post
    Probably doesn't matter, 'cause I can likely reassign inside the OS, but if I plug a pair of IDE DVD's into the IDE port, and one SATA into GSATA_A, who gets apportioned the first drive letter?

Found three sixteen digit hex numbers/bar codes on stickers atop my LAN ports - are these my MAC addresses? If so, why three of 'em? Have something to do with teaming (about which I know, so far - nothing)?

Thanks guys; got her in the box, fans cabled; getting itchy...
    I would say you'll need to reassign your CD/DVD drives within Windows - that's what i normally do.

I tend to have around 10 partitions across two internal Hard Drives, then assign my CD/DVD drive letters, a small drive letter gap, then the latter letters say S,T,U,V assigned to the partitions on my external drive.

As for the Mac addresses, I'm not absolutely sure why you'd have three.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Re: 2 dumb questions...

The only dumb question as you know is the ones you dont ask!

That is pretty easy, what you could do is as suggested above just change the order in windows if you like. Or plug them in one at a time in order that you want them to be setup

I doubt those are MAC Addresses as you only have DUAL LAN. Teaming is explained in your manual, you need two separate Incoming lines to enable this (LAN or two incoming DSL/Cable/ect lines)

Comment

Working...
      X