No announcement yet.

GA-P35C-DS3R Memory & OCing problems!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R Memory & OCing problems!!!

Hello all,

I'm experience a lot of problems with my GA-P35C-DS3R to make it works with my Mushkin sets (2 x 996535 - 4x1GB 1066mhz). I saw there are members telling about Mushkins are one of better choices to work with GA-P35C-DS3R but, all I got last 16 months, was problems. It works fine only for 3 or 4 weeks. And then the DDR2 voltage got crazy and starts to rise de voltage to 2,38V (with "auto" chipset). So, after it burn all my vendor stock of Mushkin's 996535 sets, I decided to manually set the DDR2 voltage to "+0,3" (1,8v + 0,3v = 2,1v --- OK???) No, not for GA-P35C-DS3R that rises voltage to 2,24V with +0,3v increment?!?!?!? For me ... 2,24v - 1,8v = 0,44v. And 2,38v - 1,8v = 0,58v. That's why so many memory sticks was burned by the Mobo. (And believe me, here in Brazil each Mushkin 996535 set costs about US$ 200.00/220.00. Gigabyte's people have to tought about refunds me and all others customers that trusted in their products and cannot get it working as it should be).

Well, because of this 16 months, I saw (using Everest, Memset, etc...) that GA-P35C-DS3R cannot read right SPD specifications in "auto" mode. And, there's a lot of memory configurations that are not available to users manually sets. What it means ??? After BIOS got crazy and burned a lot of memory sticks, it never more was able to run these memory set at 1066mhz properly. Sometimes do not boot, and, when it's possible, almost all of HD recorded file are corrupted. But, at this whole of time (16 months) I found a "stange" memory setup that works (at 1000mhz) in a decent speed:

Advanced Settings
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio _________________ [9.0]
    CPU Clock Ratio ........................... [+0.5]
    CPU Host Clock Control ___________ [Disabled]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2_________________________ [Disabled]
    Performance Enhance = [Standard]
    DRAM Timing SPD ________________ [Manual]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.00]

CAS Latency Time_______________5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay________5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 2
    Rank Write to READ Delay_________2
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4
    Refresh to ACT Delay____________ 28
    Read to Precharge Delay__________2
    Static tRead Value_______________4
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ AUTO

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.3V] (BIOS setup page shows me 2,24v using this step)
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control__[Normal]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [Normal]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V ]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [Normal]

So, I don't know why, it's working (8300mb/s read memory Everest test - 7100mb/s write test and 7400mb/s at cpy test. And without failures using Memtest86 2.01). That was the best setup I got. Actually I'm using a mix of SPD specifications of 533mhz and 266mhz. (And it works?!?!?!)

But, if I intend to use my PC as it should be, forget ... ... it's not possible?!?!?!? Originally the Mobo came with F2 bios version and I already tried with F4, F6, F8, F9, F10, F11e, F11 and F12b. There's no way to get it working in default mode.

And, just to be sure about poor quality of this mobo, I've tried to put it working with 400mhz FSB (E8500 runing at @3,8ghz). Guys, another idea that's not possible using Gigabyte's mobos. Even using the configurations suggested by "Lsdmeasap" in another thread. It boots and it's all. Nothing else works.

Finally, my question to Gigabyte's people is: Once you have a lot of time to receive customers appointments about improper functions of this mobo and after 12 Bios versions, are you planning to make this mobo to work as it should be working??? Or, are you planning to kick (...) every customers to buy next mobo from another vendor (eg. Asus)?

Sorry guys but I'm really disappointed with this mobo and answers from a supposed Gigabyte's guy called "Janus" in this forum. Specially about DDR2 voltage issues that makes me spent a lot of money buying new memory sticks and he keeps saying this is only a problem caused by Everest that freezes a sensor. But +0,58V burned my memories without warranty because of the overvoltage.

(Can someone tell me why do I have to overvoltage my MCH if I'm using more than one memory stick? Or why it should be rised to +0.1/0.2v if using 2x2Gb? And for those who are using 4x1gb? Must rise the MCH to +0.4V???)

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Memory & OCing problems!!!

Sorry about my "poor english" and some writing mistakes. I wrote this thread in a hurry!

I forgot to teel my PC setup:

Mobo: GA-P35C-DS3R
    Proc.: Intel E8500
    Zalman 7000cu air colling
    Memory: 2 x 996535 Mushkins set (4x1gb running 1066mhz - 5-5-4-12 & 2,25v)
    OCZ memory cooler (2 x 6cm fans)
    PSU: OCZ 650watts
    Video Card: Nvidia 8800GTS
    3 Seagate HD's 7200.11 - 500GB
    2 Samsung HD's - SP2504C - 250Gb
    DRD-RW Pionner 215D (Sata)
    SoundBlaster X-fi Platinum
    TV Tuner card PCIex - Prolink PlayTv Ultimate
    MCH colled by two 4cm fans
    3 8x8 fans
    2 12x12 fans
    Case 3RSystem 202Li

I'd appreciate any suggest or help to finally put this PC working (at least) in default mode.

Thanks to all.

Comment

I guess this is my last correction to this question ...

This GA-P35C-DS3R is 2.0 revision and I'm using F11 Bios version. The memories set link is: XP2-8500 DDR2 - Mushkin Enhanced.

Comment

I have the same board, revision and bios and whilst I'm using DDR3 at present, I have used DDR2 and found the voltages in general to be fairly accurate.

How are you measuring your voltages? Via the bios of whilst in windows?

I find HWmonitor, CPUID DDR2/3 voltages are very close to the values show in the bios - infact it's the most accurate piece of software I've found (for DDR and this board).

I've just looked at your settings and those are the most "aggressive" timings i've seen, no wonder on Auto the DDR2 voltage rises to a high value.

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.3V] (BIOS setup page shows me 2,24v using this step)
        I'm not surprised! Auto settings scale up the voltage depending on timings, frequency and many other factors, including any other aggressive settings, which you indicate you are using. i'm surprised the PC even boots up.

Load up the optimised default values save, reboot, enter the bios again and set:-

1) tRFC = 54 (your setting of 28, like your other settings is way too low)
        2) Performance Enhance = Standard
        3) Test with Memtest to see if your memory has survived and do so at stock settings.

Save, reboot and enter the bios again. Check the PChealth page and let us know the voltages for the DDR2.

So, after it burn all my vendor stock of Mushkin's 996535 sets, I decided to manually set the DDR2 voltage to "+0,3" (1,8v + 0,3v = 2,1v --- OK???) No, not for GA-P35C-DS3R that rises voltage to 2,24V with +0,3v increment?!?!?!?
        My results:- (Manually set)
        DDR2

DDR2 Default = 1.808 volts
        DDR2 (+0.1) = 1.824 volts
        DDR2 (+0.2) = 1.904 volts
        DDR2 (+0.3) = 2.000 volts
        DDR2 (+0.4) = 2.080 volts

DDR3

DDR3 Default = 1.504 volts
        DDR3 (+0.1) = 1.584 volts
        DDR3 (+0.2) = 1.664 volts
        DDR3 (+0.3) = 1.728 volts

All +/- 1% Values reported from Bios Pc Health page and closely matched in windows by HWmonitor CPUID
        Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-14-2008, 03:53 PM.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Hi VorLonUK,

I use to measure voltages with Everest (now 4.60.1500). But, when I boot up the PC and (pressing "delete") I call BIOS setup and the DDR2 voltages are the same as Everest shows when Windows is charged. It's always 2.24 with +0.3v increment. So, I assume the Everest could be correct in their measurement. And, when I used "Auto SPD" mode or +0.4v, the Everest and the BIOS Setup page shows 2.38v. At this setting I lost 6 Mushkins stickers that died because overvoltage. Even applying the OCZ memory cooler.

On the other hand, this is not my "big problem" because I found settings that makes the memories works fine at 1000mhz. What makes me upset is have to spent almost US$ 600.00 in memories sets until undervoltage the mobo controller without any Gigabyte official information or correction. Like many others users that had same problem as mine.

What makes me disappointed too is the fact to have to underclock memories settings to have then working with no errors. So, it evidence that's no memories issues. These are Gigabyte's P35 issues wich even many BIOS versions later still remains. Could be a Gigabyte project error that they don't assume, at least, until now, are the customers who must to assume Gigabyte's errors.

But, I'll run de HWmonitor to see the voltages and as soon as possible I'll be back to post the results.

In time, the correct Mushkin link is: XP2-8500 DDR2 - Mushkin Enhanced .

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi VorLonUK,

I've just runned HWMonitor and, like BIOS setup, Everest and HWMonitor, my DDR voltages are now at 2.24v to all of then. And I'm using +0.3v increment ...

As I said, it appears to be one "mobo project error".

If any other idea, let me know.

Thanks in advantage.

Marco.

Comment

The reason I suggested resetting everything to STOCK and loading up the bios optimised defaults (and saving & rebooting) is it would allow us to see why your DDR2 voltage is reporting as high as it is. Mine is nowhere near that level, nor have I cooked any RAM.

I'm trying to establish why your setup is destroying RAM. Without a starting point it'll take forever to find why you are in the predicament you are.

BTW, Have you got Gigabyte's EasyTune installed in Windows? If so Uninstall it.
              Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM.
              GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

When you flash new BIOS, do you load and apply optimized defaults and save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS to make changes? If not that may be part of your issue as you do have to do that.

More MCH Voltage is often needed because of more memory then the default of 2x1 is used.

And your ram has very tight timings for 1066 speed and may need 2.2-2.35V which it is warrantied to use. So you voltage setting may be fine anyway, it should not be frying the ram at all with 2.24, and that may not be enough to run those tight main timings unless you do use 2.3-2.35 and a fan right on the ram.

Here is what I would suggest for your setup >>>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
                CPU Clock Ratio _________________ [9.0]
                CPU Clock Ratio ........................... [+0.5]
                CPU Host Clock Control ___________ [Disabled]
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                C.I.A. 2_________________________ [Disabled]
                Performance Enhance = [Standard]
                DRAM Timing SPD ________________ [Manual]
                System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.20B or 3.33D] 1066 or 1108

CAS Latency Time_______________5
                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay________5
                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4/5
                Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12/15

I would imagine the ram will not run 554-12 without 2.25-2.35 volts, that is tight at that speed. You may be better off using 555-12 or 555-15 with less volts (2.1-2.24)

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
                Rank Write to READ Delay_________3-6
                Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6
                Refresh to ACT Delay____________ 28 << 52-62
                Read to Precharge Delay__________2 << 3-6
                Static tRead Value_______________4 << Way to low as said above. 7-10 is what I would suggest. And I am changing your strap above to as the 266 strap you are using is likely also part of your stability issues (You can use 333/B or 400/D)

Static tRead Phase Adjust________ AUTO

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.3V] (BIOS setup page shows me 2,24v using this step) Set to whatever = 2.1 So maybe .2 then? 2.2-2.35 is allowed and likely needed to run 1066 at tight stock timings, so 2.1 which you want may never work anyway. So what you are getting 2.24 is ok for now and you may need more unless you loosen the timings a bit

PCI-E OverVoltage Control__[Normal]
                (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V ] << +.2-.25-.3
                Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-15-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Memory &amp; OCing problems!!!

VorLunUK and Lsdmeasap,

First off all, very thank you all. I appreciated your help.

VorLunUK,

I did your suggested uninstalling EasyTune, clearing CMOS before load Optimal Settings, save and rebooting the PC. Unfortunately I was not surprised by voltage noticed by PCHealth page, HWMonitor and Everest that shows me this time 2.400v. That's the higher voltage I've experienced.
                  Anyway, now I have an OCZ XTC Cooler and so I runned Memtest86+ and, once again, test "5" and "7" presents a lot of errors.
                  Than, once again I set the voltage in chipset to "+0.3v" and it back to older "2.24v". Memtest still presents a lot of errors at "5" and "7" tests.
                  Measuring with this three ways (PCHealth Setup Page, HWMonitor and Everest 4.60.1500) and I got following DDR voltage table:

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [Normal] >>> 2,376v
                  DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.1v] >>> 1,980v
                  DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.2V] >>> 2,116v
                  DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.3V] >>> 2,243v
                  DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.4V] >>> 2,386v

At each one of above sets I runned memtest86+ every time I got a lot of errors ... always at "5" and "7" tests.
                  I did not try above "+0.4v" because it seems to me obviously that I'll loose more memories sticks.
                  The BIOS setup after I cleared CMOS and loaded Optimal Settings was:

Robust Graphics Booster_________ [Auto]
                  CPU Clock Ratio ________________ [9.0]
                  Fine Clock Ratio _______________ [0.5]
                  CPU Frequency __________________ [3.16GHz (333x9.5)]
                  CPU Host Clock Control__________ [Disabled]
                  CPU Host Frequency (MHz)________ [333]
                  PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_____ [Auto]
                  C.I.A. 2________________________ [Disabled]
                  Performance Enhance ____________ [Turbo]
                  System Memory Multiplier (SPD)__ [Auto]
                  Memory Frequency(MHz) __ 1066 __ [1066]

DRAM Timing Selectable_ SPD ____ [Auto]
                  CAS Latency Time___________ 5 __ [Auto]
                  Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay____ 7 __ [Auto]
                  Dram RAS# Precharge Delay__ 7 __ [Auto]
                  Precharge Delay (tRAS)_____ 24 _ [Auto]

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)____ 4 __ [Auto]
                  Rank Write to READ Delay___ 4 __ [Auto]
                  Write to Precharge Delay___ 8 __ [Auto]
                  Refresh to ACT Delay_______ 56 _ [Auto}
                  Read to Precharge Delay____ 4 __ [Auto]
                  Static tRead Value_________ 6 __ [Auto]
                  Static tRead Phase Adjust__ 0 __ [Auto]

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [Normal]
                  PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
                  (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [Normal]
                  Normal CPU Vcore _________ [1.15000v]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3 __________ [Disabled]
                  No-Execute Memory Protect ______ [Enabled]
                  CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ________ [Disabled]
                  CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) _____ [Enabled]
                  CPU EIST Function ______________ [Enabled]
                  Virtualization Technology ______ [Enabled]

So, I setted chipset to following steps:

Robust Graphics Booster_________ [Auto]
                  CPU Clock Ratio ________________ [9.0]
                  Fine Clock Ratio _______________ [0.5]
                  CPU Frequency __________________ [3.16GHz (333x9.5)]
                  CPU Host Clock Control__________ [Disabled]
                  CPU Host Frequency (MHz)________ [333]
                  PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_____ [100]
                  C.I.A. 2________________________ [Disabled]
                  Performance Enhance ____________ [Standart]

System Memory Multiplier (SPD)__ [3.0]
                  Memory Frequency(MHz) __ 800 ___ [1000]
                  DRAM Timing Selectable_ SPD ____ [Manual]

CAS Latency Time___________ 5 __ [5]
                  Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay____ 5 __ [5]
                  Dram RAS# Precharge Delay__ 4 __ [4]
                  Precharge Delay (tRAS)_____ 12 _ [12]

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)____ 4 __ [2]
                  Rank Write to READ Delay___ 4 __ [2]
                  Write to Precharge Delay___ 8 __ [4]
                  Refresh to ACT Delay_______ 56 _ [28}
                  Read to Precharge Delay____ 4 __ [2]
                  Static tRead Value_________ 6 __ [4]
                  Static tRead Phase Adjust__ 0 __ [Auto]

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [0.3v]
                  PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
                  FSB OverVoltage Control___ [0.1v]
                  (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [0.2v]
                  Normal CPU Vcore _________ [1.15000v]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3 __________ [Disabled]
                  No-Execute Memory Protect ______ [Enabled]
                  CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ________ [Disabled]
                  CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) _____ [Enabled]
                  CPU EIST Function ______________ [Enabled]
                  Virtualization Technology ______ [Enabled]

Same before loaded "Optimal Settings" and everything comes back to normality. What makes me a few confortable with these settings, actually, is because with then my PC works "like it should work" once I'm trying to make it works stabilished (at least) in default mode. And these memories timings gave to me results that looks like it is being working normaly.

I'm glad to hear you telling you're surprised my PC even boots with these settings. But, when you're trying to get for what you payed you try every and anything. So, I keep lowering the memory timings until PC stops to boot. It's all so confused that it works with a mix of 533Mhz and 266Mhz SPD Mushkin's specifications.

But, just like you, I wonder to know what happened with SPD correct reading by BIOS??? And, specially, correct voltages increments and adjusts. I guess if I had not lost so many "bucks" buying new memory sticks, right now I was not here asking for help. I'm sure that I already will had bought a X48 "mobo" and upgraded my videocard. But, bad luck was the Gigabyte's gift to me.

Now, telling to Lsdmeasap ...

First of all, this "LSD me ASAP" won't change your ability to help Gigabyte's users? Or will?

Ok!!! Never mind, I'm just joking!!!

So, I setted (G)MCH Overvoltage Control to "+0.2v" keeping "+0.3v" DDR2 Overvoltage Control and tried every timings you suggested for "3.20B" (1066Mhz manually setted). For all of then I got Memtest86+ errors at "5" and "7" tests. Trying to run "3.33D" PC even booted. So, I rised up to "+0.4v" DDR2 Voltage and PC keeps not booting.

Anyway, I have to tell you that I'm not experiencing stability issues with settings I related at first post. I really don't know or understand why my PC is working (stabilished) with these memories timings. But believe, it is!

But, I'm confessing you that I didn't understand you when you said:

"And I am changing your strap above to as the 266 strap you are using is likely also part of your stability issues
                  (You can use 333/B or 400/D)".

Maybe because I'm not fluent in english I really could not understanding what you mean? Please, could you be more clear considering I'm a Latin American not fluent in english?

Of course I'll be glad seeing my PC working properly in default mode. If I can get it, I'll try some OC'ing. But today, all I got was some memory timings that makes me relatively happy. If I try to OC ... nothing else works. Once I tried to put it working at 400Mhz and "2.5 Memory Multiplier" keeping memory 1000Mhz. But, this time, I experienced a lot of stability issues.

I use this PC specially in Audio, Photo and Video Production. So, if it could work in a fastest mode, I'd be glad.

If any ideas, please let me know ...

(PS ... Brazilian's Gigabyte didn't accept rma this board because it was bought by a friend in USA (July/2007). So, they don't received nothing ($$$) to 'confirm' GA-P35C-DS3R warranty)

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  GA-P35C-DS3R rev2.0 F11 BIOS - Intel E8500 rev.C0 - 2 sets Mushkin XP28500 Enhanced 996535 (5-5-4-12; 1066mhz; 2,25v) - OCZ Gamestealth 650W - OCZ XTC Cooler - Zalman CNPS 7000cu - EVGA Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb - SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum

Windows XP Pro x32 - Windows Vista Home Premium x32 & Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Comment

Try MCH +.3

For the Strap 333/B thing I said you were unsure about. I mean your Memory Multiplier, you should use ones that either end with B or D Like 3.20B or 3.20D. Or your board may use symbols instead of letters for the Straps, So you would just need to choose whichever is the 333 or 400 strap symbol with your memory multiplier

The one you were using 266 one is too low for your CPU is why I said you need to use a different one.

Like you mention of overclocking and use the 2.50 Memory multi, that multiplier is on the 266 strap and is to low of one for you to use. You should be using these ones (2.00B, 2.40B, 3.20B, 4.00B or 2.00D, 2.66D, or 3.33D) Now those last few also are the same as the 200 or C strap so be sure you do not use those instead

Gigabyte RMA should accept that, the warranty transfers as long as you give them the serial # they should accept it. I would contact Gigabyte Taiwan and ask about that, I know for sure they do transfer warranty

Comment

@marco_ar: About the memory overvoltage, are you absolutely SURE that Performance Enhance are set to STANDARD everytime?
                      TURBO or EXTREME automatically increases the memory voltage to +0.1v and +0.2v besides pushing RAS-CAS timing.
                      So in these situations, the NORMAL voltage is raised according. There is no warning and that CAN fry the memory, as you already measured.
                      For the overclocker, remember that STANDARD is the only accepted secure mode.
                      GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
                      i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                      Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                      16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
                      Corsair CX750M
                      Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

And dont forget Turbo/Extreme also changes Static tRead

Comment

Hello SVCGlobal,

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Performance Enhance are set to STANDARD everytime. Even when I set DDR2 Vovervoltage Control to "+0.3v".

But, to make things clear, I set all machine to "Normal" or "Standart" and -> DDR2 Overvoltage to "Normal" -> Performance Enhanced to "Standart", "Turbo" and did not see any effect on memories voltages or "Standart Timing Control". It keeps in 2,384v and 5-7-7-24 on each settings

Only thing that changes between "Standart" and "Turbo" mode was the -> Static tRead: "6" in "Standart" and "5" in "Turbo" mode.

Using "Extreme" step PC won't even boots.

Anyway, thanks for your concern and, if any other idea, please let me know.

Regards.

Marco.

Comment

Hi LSDmeASAP,

I guess now we are getting close to something wrong with my mobo. It doesn't uses letters like "B" or "D" for strapping. It uses symbols:

>> + -> 800 Strapping
                            >> ~ -> 1066 Strapping
                            >> # -> 1333 Strapping

And, the "System Memory Multipler (SPD)" has the following options:

- Auto
                            - 4.0+
                            - 3.00 (I use to use that one)
                            - 4.0~

As you can see, there's no "#" option at "System Memory Multipler (SPD)" menu. If I set to "Auto", memory runs at 1066Mhz but with a lot of errors. If I run using "3.20" the same errors is what happens.

On the other hand, nothing changes or happens if I type "+", "~" or "#" at keyboard. Also, anything changes if I type "B" or "D" as you suggested. I use a Microsoft Digital Medio Pro Keyboard that connects to PC using USB port and I already setted USB Keyboard Support at PC setup.

How important is these "straps" things? It seems like my mobo only straps if it is using DDR3 sticks? Am I correct? Or could be a BIOS recording error???

Please let me hear from you.

Regards.

Marco.

Comment

Yes, some boards use letters, some us symbols. I was not suggesting you type anything, just saying if you had B or D or # symbol beside a multi to use them

If you are running stock FSB of 333 then you should choose 3.20 Memory Multi, and set static Tread to 10-12 for now to be sure that is not holding you back.

Hey, have you tested each stick at stock with memtest86+ to be sure you do not have a faulty stick? To do that you would set memory multi to Auto set main timings to stock, performance enhance to standard, and set your ram voltage to spec and run a few tests on each stick one at a time

Straps are not anything you should worry about, and since you only see them with 4.00 on your board you dont need to worry about them. 2.4 and 3.2 are only available on the 333 strap so you have them anyway no matter if your BIOS has a letter or symbol on them or not.

Did you try my last suggestions yet?

Please do test your ram one by one, you may just have a faulty stick causing issues

Comment

Working...
                              X