• Show
Clear All

• Help: EP43-DS3L so hard in OC configuration

Dear verybody
    Please help me this:
    I have bought a ep43-ds3l mobo running [email protected]
    Windows vista 64bit
    4x1GB DDR2-SDRAM Kingston 800Mhz.
    I use intel stock fan for pentium D (copper core)
    While running at 3.6Ghz(9.5x379) The full load temp when do CPU stress with orthos is 67 Celcius Degree.
    I can pass orthos for tress CPu for 8hours, but cannot pass blend test or 15 minutes.
    RAM:FSB ratio is 1:1
    My memory is running under its real speed (758/800Mhz)
    VDRAM i tried 1.8 to 2.2 but still unstable

TIMING is set to 5-5-5-12 or 6-6-6-18: still unstable
    Vcore for CPU stable at 3.6Ghz is 1.4v

pls kindly help to get memory stable

My bios ver is lastest (F8)

P/s: I cnt find any difference between using Ctrl-F1 for not using this when configure Bios setting in M.i.T section

Re: Help: EP43-DS3L so hard in OC configuration

Ctrl + F1 is doing before you get inside MIT section .. then you will see sub ram timing.

have you add more +1, +2 to your front side bus and MCH ??? because your CPU is fine .. but when fail in blend ... it's more of ram and front side bus, mch is not enough voltage

Comment

Originally posted by godto View Post
      Ctrl + F1 is doing before you get inside MIT section .. then you will see sub ram timing.

have you add more +1, +2 to your front side bus and MCH ??? because your CPU is fine .. but when fail in blend ... it's more of ram and front side bus, mch is not enough voltage
      In my country ( Vietnam) there are lots of this case when O.C with P43-ds3l RAM Cannot stable with any configuration, even they have change the memory stick too,
      And those memory stick tested with memtest86 for several hours without any problem.
      So, so sad, maybe this is a bug of gigabyte p43 mobo chipset
      Hope that gigabyte will soon fix if this is really a bug
      Any help me kindly post here
      Thanks verymuch

Comment

where in VN do you live ... as far as i know in VN .. when buy Ram ... they don't sell in set of 2 much .. i had this problem with p35 board before.. and it's was hard to exchange to able to find a match set.. lucky my cousine knew some one there...

another thing i notice is you run 4 stick .... try with 2 stick first ... see if that stable in blend ... and if that the case .. when run 4 stick does need some tweaking to make it work... i only experience with P35 and P45 .. but will help with what i can ...

PS. can you post full spect of your setting ??? that will help to see where can help.. go to post in here that have question on your motherboard .. there should be a template of your motherboard.

Comment

where in VN do you live ... as far as i know in VN .. when buy Ram ... they don't sell in set of 2 much .. i had this problem with p35 board before.. and it's was hard to exchange to able to find a match set.. lucky my cousine knew some one there...

another thing i notice is you run 4 stick .... try with 2 stick first ... see if that stable in blend ... and if that the case .. when run 4 stick does need some tweaking to make it work... i only experience with P35 and P45 .. but will help with what i can ...

PS. can you post full spect of your setting ??? that will help to see where can help.. go to post in here that have question on your motherboard .. there should be a template of your motherboard.
          Thanks for your help
          Im living in HCMC in Vietnam
          Yes, they didnt sell RAM in dual kit( not really didnt sell, but the price is so expensive) because the price of a dual kit memory for overclocking is very high. But that's not the problem because the memory is still running under the default speed.
          I will try to run two stick at dual chanel and report you later as well as the bios configuration too
          Thanks again.
          Last edited by Heaven Knows; 11-13-2008, 03:08 AM.

Comment

also ... need to run memtest86+ ... make sure your ram is good ... atleast 2 good pass on each ram ... there is a section in here on how to do that and also the software link.. very small only few MB ( i know in VN they charge for every MB you download)

Comment

also ... need to run memtest86+ ... make sure your ram is good ... atleast 2 good pass on each ram ... there is a section in here on how to do that and also the software link.. very small only few MB ( i know in VN they charge for every MB you download)
              Thanks for your information
              In Vietnam now the price for DSL internet is good, not a big problem, often download 30-40GB per month with my notebook runnin 24/7 to catch software , movies... from torrent sites.
              -I will try to do as you suggest.
              -i have just report this to gigabyte support team as a bug. hope that they will soon reply.
              Thanks

Comment

Please give me your full settings you are using and I will advise >>>>

Also post a link to your exact ram, where you bought it or the kingston page if you can

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
                Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
                CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
                Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
                CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
                DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
                Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
                Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
                Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
                Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
                Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
                Static tRead Value_______________
                Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
                CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
                GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
                PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
                FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
                (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
                CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
                CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
                Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Working...
                X