Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help getting my ga-48t-dq6 working

I had missed this post.

Lsdme, is right about the "Performance level" (tRD). I've found that once in windows you can experiment with values as low as 7 (with DDR3) and all will seem fine and infact the Everest Read & Copy benchmarks will look great too.

However if you find the odd windows Freeze at startup or during times of high Ram usage, then increasing tRD appears to stabilise things.

And with Vista "ASLR" minor memory issues are highlighted moreso.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Sorry for the very slow response.

I have been playing with the pc since getting this information. I actually followed this guide and tried things again, but surprisingly it made things a lot worse. I started getting frequent windows lock ups (every 20 mins or so). In the end one set of the ram i bought was RMA'd so i sent it back.

In the meantime i have split the remaining set so that i have 1 * 2gb stick running single channel in each machine. With this i was able to run Memtest86+ 2.1 without issue on one machine, but the other still produced 836 errors. However, the machine which ran with no problems has since hard locked on me again.

I have toned down the settings as suggested as much as i can but i still cant seem to find any stability... any other idea of what i may be able to play with?

Comment

Sounds like that set has a bad stick as well, test the stick on the machine you had no problems with and see if it is bad or not. If it is you will have to RMA that set as well

Comment

Working...
        X