GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

Title says it really, on checking the Gigabyte site for any updates I noticed the newest bios for the rev.2.0 is F10, I know there was a F11 & F12b available as I've got the F11.
    Just curious why the F11 was pulled and whether I should think about reverting to F10 if it was pulled due to some major bug?

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

Originally posted by grees00 View Post
    Title says it really, on checking the Gigabyte site for any updates I noticed the newest bios for the rev.2.0 is F10, I know there was a F11 & F12b available as I've got the F11.
    Just curious why the F11 was pulled and whether I should think about reverting to F10 if it was pulled due to some major bug?
    Seeing that if you look at the CPU support list, both F11 bioses and F12b are required for the latest chips, i can't honestly see there being a "major bug" etc that has caused them to be both pulled by Gigabyte.

I have noticed this myself on the GB site. I've used the F11 bios for awhile now and have found it to be very solid.
    I tend to think that GB are "spring cleaning" as they do very often and/or have some additional bios updates ready and someone has removed them from the list, possibly because it would fill the grid too much on the webpage.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a second page to the bios list etc..

Although not available on most the GB sites, including Global, US and UK, the Latvian site, still have the links direct to the Gigabyte global servers and they are still active.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-11-2008, 04:23 PM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I've had no probs at all with the F11 either, just checking/being paranoid. :)

Comment

Originally posted by grees00 View Post
        Thanks for the reply, I've had no probs at all with the F11 either, just checking/being paranoid. :)
        As far as I remember too, the F11 bios added the Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment which comes in handy when you want to try different overclocking options. So I personally wouldn't want to go backwards.

The F11 & F12b bioses are still linked to on the French site and the European Russian FTP server has them still on it.
        Seeing that the later bioses target support for the latest CPU's, I can't see GB pulling F11 & F12b without replacing them with a bios to support all current CPU's - for instance the new E0 chips wouldn't be supported.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
          As far as I remember too, the F11 bios added the Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment which comes in handy when you want to try different overclocking options. So I personally wouldn't want to go backwards.

The F11 & F12b bioses are still linked to on the French site and the European Russian FTP server has them still on it.
          Seeing that the later bioses target support for the latest CPU's, I can't see GB pulling F11 & F12b without replacing them with a bios to support all current CPU's - for instance the new E0 chips wouldn't be supported.
          Hmm where do you find "Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment" is these bios? I don'
          't see it

Comment

Originally posted by Blackkatt View Post
            Hmm where do you find "Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment" is these bios? I don'
            't see it
            Ctrl + F1 in main menu before you get in MIT .. adn when you go in to MIT then you will see it

Comment

It's on the MIT page, but you don't need to use Ctrl/F1 anymore to reveal the advanced options - they are always visible on the newer bios versions.

There is a new bios release imminent for this board apparently - (with a MicroCode update)

Comment

Blackkatt you will not see Fine CPU Multi as you have a older 65Nm CPU. This is only a Option on new 45Nm CPU's

Comment

Working...
                X