Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP43-DS3 Lagging Problem

Hello,

I have just built a new PC and i could not seem figure out what is causing the PC to lag. E.g. when i am watching a dvd, or watching a movie which is already in my hard drive, then auto updates pops for any certain software, my movie becomes slo-mo. Same applies when i am playing any games. I have tested the ram and GPU both are fine, so i think it is a motherboard problem. Here are my specs:

Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3
    Intel e8400 c0 Stepping
    Kingston DDR2 2048mb(1x2g) PC2-6400 (400MHz)
    True Power 460w
    XFX Geforce 9600gt
    Windows XP SP2

Thanks for any help in advance!!

Re: GA-EP43-DS3 Lagging Problem

You have a OC?????try without oc and settings in AUTO

Comment

Obviously when any other process starts in windows, it'll rob CPU cycles from whatever else is running, be that a Game or Video Playback. Anything that is CPU intensive anyway (Games/Video) are going to be the "first to notice" a loss in CPU available processing power.

I never use any form of scheduling on my PC, although Itunes updater has caught me out (until I disabled it) by throwing me out of in game Team Fortress 2.

I doubt very much you have a hardware problem.
      GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Hmmm, I am not sure what you mean really.

What Do you scan for spyware and viruses with? And what are playing this movie in? And what did you test your ram with and for how long?

Comment

Working...
        X