Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP35-DS3R - 3Beeps Pause 7-8Beeps Help

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    $20 for a RMA? Or do you mean advanced RMA?

For the shipping of the ram. I live in Canada and I have to send it to the USA. I may be exaggerating and it was only $15, but you get the point.

Comment

Ahh, yeah I got ya! So what did you decide to do here?

Comment

I tried my vid card in another system, works fine. So I reseated my cpu same problem. I removed every component, just left the MB and CPU plugged in(out of the case on the motherboard box). Same beeps. I am very FRUSTRATED! I have one more thing to try and that will determine, imo, that it is either the CPU or motherboard. I hahve a P4 2.8ghz chip that I will replace the q6600 with, it works 100%. I know because it is from another machine.

Perhaps I should also consider looking at my PSU. Try it on my P4 system. For what it's worth, I hope it's my CPU that's shot, not my MB. I have done some research in ICH9R and it is compatible across MB's no matter on brands or boards so I hope my data is ok.

Comment

Good luck with your testing, and do post back and let us know what you find

Comment

Well, I went out and bought a new power supply, thinking that might be the problem. No such luck. I am getting the same amounts of beeps. I tried a diff CPU, same thing, I removed the metal support on the back of the board for the cpu fan, thinking I may be shorting because of it, though after looking, nothing would have shorted it. Same problems. Then I took the CPU out and booted it with nothing in the board, no beeps, put the cpu back in, the same problem. There is a problem witiht eh connection between the cpu and motherboard. All my pins were straight, nothing was bent up, the board is dead, simple as that. It sure took a lot to find this out. I am hoping to bring this board to an actual computer shop and see if they can test it for me. If it is the board, I will be buying a new board and I don't think it will be Gigabyte... This board is only 9 months old, but I am not sure what the requirements are to return the board for repair, and I seriously would rather put the money into a new board then pay $20+ for shipping.

I wish Gigabyte could step in here and stand behind their product. (no jousts, just frustrated)

Comment

Did you ever test your CPU in another board yet? Just wondered if your P4 could handle it or not.

I think it would only be about $8-10 to ship your board to Gigabyte, but there would be the few week without a board! If you do want the RMA page and cannot find it let me know

Comment

Thanks for all your help Lsdmeasap.In the end, it turns out that my board is dead and so is my ram. I have sent boards away before and it's quite expensive from Canada. I spoke to a local computer store and they think it's the CPU temp sensor that is busted. They have heard of and experienced this problem before with Gigabyte(though they fully stand behind Gigabyte and their boards). So I am done dealing with this and purchased a new board. A Asus P5Q and some OCZ ram(Newegg.ca - OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory 4gb platinum xtc). Fully tested and fully compatible with warranty from the local business plus the prices are very competitive to online stores($80 local vs $75 online).

I know what I did is the cop out, but I am very surprised what a toll this has taken on me personally. I know that sounds stupid, but I really need my computer. I have a laptop, but I need my desktop for webdesign... and just life in general! <--- HUGE GEEK! haha

Now I have a ep35-ds3r board and crucial ballistix ram(2gb) that is considered dead. I am not sure what to do with them. Ideas? Should I spend the money and RMA them both? Then sell them? Hang on to them? One way or another I am never going to use that board or the new ram from Crucial again. It's become taboo to me...

Thanks again LSD.

Comment

Originally posted by denyed View Post
                  Thanks for all your help Lsdmeasap.In the end, it turns out that my board is dead and so is my ram. I have sent boards away before and it's quite expensive from Canada. I spoke to a local computer store and they think it's the CPU temp sensor that is busted. They have heard of and experienced this problem before with Gigabyte(though they fully stand behind Gigabyte and their boards). So I am done dealing with this and purchased a new board. A Asus P5Q and some OCZ ram(Newegg.ca - OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory 4gb platinum xtc). Fully tested and fully compatible with warranty from the local business plus the prices are very competitive to online stores($80 local vs $75 online).

I know what I did is the cop out, but I am very surprised what a toll this has taken on me personally. I know that sounds stupid, but I really need my computer. I have a laptop, but I need my desktop for webdesign... and just life in general! <--- HUGE GEEK! haha

Now I have a ep35-ds3r board and crucial ballistix ram(2gb) that is considered dead. I am not sure what to do with them. Ideas? Should I spend the money and RMA them both? Then sell them? Hang on to them? One way or another I am never going to use that board or the new ram from Crucial again. It's become taboo to me...

Thanks again LSD.
                  Have you considered buying some ultra cheap ram possibly local and just trying that in your board after clearing the cmos?

To have two things faulty, ie RAM and the board would be very bad luck. And seeing that so much that is RMA'd isn't actually faulty it does make me wonder.
                  Unfortunately there is an RMA Geek squad operating on the net, who suggest an RMA if there is a change in the weather, so if you do want to avoid steep RMA charges I would (personally) try and investigate a bit more - even if it's just to identify that it's one item at fault.

Could you borrow any DDR2 ram, or know of anyone who is say upgrading from 2x1gb to 2x2gb who will practically give it away.

The only spare ddr2 ram I have are SODimms, otherwise I'd ship them to you.
                  GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Thanks VorLonUK. I have the 2 new ddr2 sticks but I can't justify sticking them in the old board. But if I can get my hands on a old stick, I will definitely try it. The reason I don't think it will make a difference is because with the ram in the computer or no ram in the computer, it still beeped 3---8.

I reassembled my computer with the new asus board and ocz ram. Put in my raided drives(went from ICH9R to ICH10R), the mobo acknowledged the raid and windows booted. No problems, didn't have to reinstall windows! It was amazing! Thank you intel! At this point I am thinking I should reinstall Windows to a fresh drive seeing I made a major hardware change.

Again, thanks for all your help; all of you! I will not give up on the gigabyte board and crucial ram. I am still trying to figure out what to do with it.

Comment

The reason I don't think it will make a difference is because with the ram in the computer or no ram in the computer, it still beeped 3---8.
                      Ah right, that does sound that the board itself is causing the problem.
                      GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Well nice to see you at least have a working setup now. I would RMA that board and sell the one they ship you back

Comment

Working...
                        X