Overclock values reset after every fresh start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overclock values reset after every fresh start

K, static Tread should be on 7+ anytime overclocking or not. I would advise you to try the newer NON beta BIOS again and be sure you load optimized and save and apply before you go any further.

EIST bug should not appear then

Comment

OK I moved the RAM in slot 1 & then applied the settings that u gave (CPU core voltage I used was 1.4V) & as expected, no overclock. One more thing that I want to add is that when I change the static tRead value to 7+, as u said, even during the normal functioning, & then apply the change, the computer does not boot. This happens even if I change any other RAM options. When the computer boots, the changed RAM option is set back to Auto. I performed all the procedure which u mentioned in ur previous post, with the bios updated to F4.

I found something interesting regarding EIST function. U should check this link too:

Last edited by varunb; 11-02-2008, 09:51 AM.
      Intel Core i5 2500k
      GA-Z68XP-UD4 Rev 1.3 F6
      Corsair Force GT + WD Caviar Black 1TB + Segate 500GB HDD
      Corsair 8GB RAM
      MSI GTX 970 3.5GB + 0.5GB graphic card
      Dell U2312HM widescreen monitor
      Windows 8.1 64 bit

Comment

Have you ever installed a dual-channel kit in that board? Did it overclock?

I've used BIOS's F2-F4-F5a to overclock, and have not known EIST to ever disappear.
        I generally have EIST disabled, but it has worked as expected whenever enabled.

On the Integrated Peripherals page, I've always Disabled ... SATA AHCI Mode, USB Keyboard Support, USB Storage Detect, Onboard LAN Boot ROM, Onboard Serial Port 1, and Onboard Parallel Port.

My Power Management Setup has always been as follows:
        ACPI Suspend Type ... S1(POS)
        Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN ... Delay 4 Sec.
        AC Back Function ... Soft-Off
        All others ... Disabled
        hth
        Gigabyte P35-S3G . 50mm Fan on MCH +0.2v
        Intel E6500 (9 x 420) 3780mHz 1.33125v
        G.Skill 4x1GB
        PC2-6400-NQ
        840mHz +0.2v
        Gigabyte HD4850 . Acer X223W . Acer X193W+
        Rosewill
        RP500-2 . WD WD3200AAJS . Masscool 8WA741

Comment

No, I have never used a dual channel memory kit & also I don't have it nor could I borrow it from anyone to check. I have the exact same settings done under both Power Management & Integrated Peripherals as u ave mentioned. Infact, u are the first I have ever seen who has overclocked P35-S3G board with almost every revision. U definitely have a magical PC. I believe I should just give it up & use F3a only. That restart problem I that face after overclocking could be a voltage problem. I will see & let u know. About the EIST thing, after what I have searched on google, it appears that many overclockers are facing this. So, its either normal or just a bug that Gigabyte needs to fix.
          Intel Core i5 2500k
          GA-Z68XP-UD4 Rev 1.3 F6
          Corsair Force GT + WD Caviar Black 1TB + Segate 500GB HDD
          Corsair 8GB RAM
          MSI GTX 970 3.5GB + 0.5GB graphic card
          Dell U2312HM widescreen monitor
          Windows 8.1 64 bit

Comment

Nothing magical about it. Lots of time and effort, though.

The luckiest part was finding this forum and Lsdmeasap's OC stickies. The most surprising part is the high performance of my cheap G.Skill memory, which allows me to experiment with many of the memory ratios of the 8x and 9x CPU multipliers.

The disappointing part is that the 7x multiplier stopped just before 350 fsb, and the 6x multiplier hasn't achieved much beyond 390 fsb. I was hoping that the F5a BIOS would fix some of that. But this E2160 isn't going to reach 3200mHz anyway, so it's been a good combo so far. I just wish I could run it at 3024mHz (7x432), because my memory has proven to run stable at 1080-555-15. That'd be sweet for this inexpensive setup.

Persistence may not always lead directly to success, but it always pays in the form of knowledge & experience.
            Good luck.
            Last edited by jfk&g; 11-03-2008, 12:28 AM.
            Gigabyte P35-S3G . 50mm Fan on MCH +0.2v
            Intel E6500 (9 x 420) 3780mHz 1.33125v
            G.Skill 4x1GB
            PC2-6400-NQ
            840mHz +0.2v
            Gigabyte HD4850 . Acer X223W . Acer X193W+
            Rosewill
            RP500-2 . WD WD3200AAJS . Masscool 8WA741

Comment

Interesting link. I had never heard of EIST disappearing until you post. But it has always been in the advanced settings, they should have known that and not talked about it like it was something new

Sadly, it does sound like you are going to need to wait on a New BIOS, or use the one that did work for you before.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X